500 Madness

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fiat at The 2017 Geneva Motor Show

Fiat at The 2017 Geneva Motor Show

Fiat500USA.com Has Just Posted the Following:

The Fiat display at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show celebrated the 60th anniversary of the Fiat 500 and highlighted the latest special editions of the Fiat brand.Fiat 500 60th AnniversaryThis year marks the 60th anniversary of the debut of the Nuova Fiat 500 on July 4, 1957. To commemorate that event, Fiat has introduced a 60th-anniversary special edition. Available as a convertible, the Fiat

Videos, images and more.
    Read about it here...

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fiat500USA For This Useful Post:

Amacento (03-18-2017), Robert Nixon (03-17-2017), rustbucket (03-18-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 801 Posts
    Thanks for the story on Geneva! Seeing the models that sell in Europe but not the US always gets my attention! The 124 Spider with the luggage rack, the Dakar Rally Panda, and the funky pickup FIAT would be so cool to drive here, but it would probably be a big risk to bring them to North America.
    2013 Rosso Abarth with 52K miles, Neu-f rear sway bar, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2016 and 2015: 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014/13: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
    My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert Nixon For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (03-18-2017)

Thanks
    Thanks for summarizing some of FIAT's showing at the event. All the EU changes make perfect sense for further delineating between trim levels and, in doing so, adding value to each.
    Vivere.Amare.Guidare.

http://cc5club.blogspot.com/

https://www.pinterest.com/CC5Club/

https://www.facebook.com/CC5Club

“... there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy.” - James May

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Amacento For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (03-18-2017)

I would also love to see all the other models Fiat has in Europe (and beyond). I was surprised that the Fiat Fullback is just a tad larger than the Ford Ranger. You have to think, though, if Ford can't sell a small pickup how could Fiat?

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Thanks
    Molto bellissima!

I want it! But why is the U.S. being deprived of this Must-Have? I don't get Fiat's business strategy.

And why do Europeans and other markets outside the U.S. have so many more Fiat 500 choices than do Americans? Fiat diddles my pleasure zones with all sorts of cool Cinquecento designs and varieties . . . which are unavailable at my local dealers. It's like going into a Baskin-Robbins ice cream shop touting 31 flavors, and finding only chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla are served.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiat500USA View Post
    You have to think, though, if Ford can't sell a small pickup how could Fiat?
    I'd (politely I hope) disagree. For years Ford sold Rangers like hotcakes, over 300,000 annually 1998-2000 and even in the Ranger's worst year (2010) it still sold over 55,000 units. Ford's problem was it let the Ranger wither on the vine- they starved it to death. Other than the addition of side impact bags and stability control in 2010, there's very little difference between the last models and the 2002 I once owned. It was the only true compact truck left in the U.S. market and if Ford had seen fit to modestly update the Ranger it might still be with us still. Almost all the development money went towards the big trucks (F-150 and Super Duty) and rightfully so- that's where the big profits are but it wouldn't have taken much to keep the Ranger alive and to continue to own a market segment they had all to themselves.

I think there's a lesson for FCA in the Ranger's story. The 500 may be "evergreen" but it will not remain that way without updates and I think FCA gets that.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rustbucket For This Useful Post:

Amacento (03-19-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rustbucket View Post

I think there's a lesson for FCA in the Ranger's story. The 500 may be "evergreen" but it will not remain that way without updates and I think FCA gets that.
    Watched a review on youtube last night about the '16 Abarth where the reviewer was glad it didn't have all the "stuff" other cars do that people feel they have to have until another trend comes along and it's something else. It's still basic, simple, raw, even the old style head lights work keeping it "retro". He was pretty impressed by it...even with the imperfections. This is an enthusiasts' car. The Punto would be more main stream. At least for me...the more gadgets and gizmos you add to a car just to keep up with the latest trend...the more you take away from the soul of the car.

2012 Pop Cabrio (Lil Blue/Poco Blu) 2013 Abarth Cabrio (Poco Ribelle)

For information/updates on Fiats Cruising the Ozarks...you can follow us on Facebook also at https://www.facebook.com/FiatsCruisingtheOzarks/

For information/updates for the Peel's Ferry/Bull Shoals Dam run...or to sign up there for the event, you can go to https://www.facebook.com/events/1884...79830572732417

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lil Blue For This Useful Post:

Amacento (03-19-2017), Grabo (03-19-2017), rustbucket (03-19-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FormerPopOwner View Post
    Molto bellissima!

I want it! But why is the U.S. being deprived of this Must-Have? I don't get Fiat's business strategy.

And why do Europeans and other markets outside the U.S. have so many more Fiat 500 choices than do Americans? Fiat diddles my pleasure zones with all sorts of cool Cinquecento designs and varieties . . . which are unavailable at my local dealers. It's like going into a Baskin-Robbins ice cream shop touting 31 flavors, and finding only chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla are served.
    I'd point out it's not likely business strategy but market reactions that dictate what's available around the world.

How many travel to attend FIAT FreakOut, FIAT On The Dragon and other national events? How many people purchased the few special editions we have enjoyed? How many people purchased any of the three options in the FIAT 500 family? How many USAmericans react favorably to the small car market on the long term? Europe and Asia earn the options they enjoy with their checkbooks. "Money talks" and all that jazz.
    Vivere.Amare.Guidare.

http://cc5club.blogspot.com/

https://www.pinterest.com/CC5Club/

https://www.facebook.com/CC5Club

“... there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy.” - James May

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Amacento For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (03-19-2017)

Thanks
    Amacento,

Understood, and I don't disagree with your points! Too many Americans still have the "Fix It Again, Tony!" reaction when they hear "Fiat." And too many Americans are hopelessly addicted to large, American gas-guzzlers.

For the record, I love the Fiat 500. But, I am not a car buff; i.e., I don't go to auto expos, buy car magazines, and join car clubs. If not attending Fiat Freakout and other similar events is a punishment for being deprived of the full fleet of Fiat 500s, that's a case of cutting off one's nose to spite one's face, IMO.

I suspect -- strike that! I K-N-O-W! -- more than 560 folks would buy the Sessantesimo. Deliberately limiting one's potential profits, again to me, doesn't make good sense, business-wise.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to FormerPopOwner For This Useful Post:

Amacento (03-20-2017)

Thanks
    I just want to know when North America will get the refreshed 500.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bryanintowson For This Useful Post:

Amacento (03-20-2017)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast