Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

This thing is turning into a hot mess. Good thing Marchionne isn't around to see this....

Alfa Changes the Name of The New Milano to Junior!

Alfa Romeo has just changed the name of the recently unveiled Milano EV to "Junior" to appease Italian officials. Seems there...

My daughter has a Fiat 500 Abarth turbo to sell. Monument Colorado. Trying to find Fiat enthusiasts. [email protected]

Hello, please contact your local dealership for assistance with this part. You can find dealerships near you at www.fiatusa.com/find-dealer. If you need...

2.4's are known (throughout FCA body styles) for being hit and miss on excessive oil consumption...

They are commonly called "the boat...

Ask SBI for the definitive answer.
Get the persons name at SBI that you consult with...
Hope that helps

Manufacturer’s suggested retail price for the 2024 Fiat (500e)RED is $32,500, plus a $1,595 destination charge.

More details here below....

Yes, it should. Try it out....

What will the price range be??

Could you please tell me if it still works?

Here are some steps. Please follow them.
  1. Click on "User Settings" (located under your username at the top right).
  2. Select "Account."
  3. Go

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you are having an issue. An "ungodly" sound isn't too descriptive. What does it sound like? When does...

Valve length question

Hello,

2013 Abarth in Canada.

I had the typical burnt exhaust valve issue. I decided not to go with the OEM ones since first...

I am going to assume you mean Gen 1 because of cost.

Most Mechanical issues were corrected by 2017. If you do buy a 2016 make sure the motor...

What common issues should I look for in a 500x?

I'm looking at different cars and the 500x has crossed my mind. I'm wondering what issues I should look for because as a Fiat fan and someone needing...

Fiat 500 Specific roof top carrier with bike attachment for sale

I have a like new Fiat 500 Specific roof top carrier bars with a bicycle attachment. I bought it from Micks Garage in England - https://www.micksgara...

Automatic transmission? If that's an automatic it could be as simple as the battery being defective (or not fully charged).

I would start...

Yeah, Ford has a history of "minimal design". They want to save money and keep weight down so they design for using the least material. My neighbor's...

Atlanta Region fun times

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TachItUp
    • Feb 2017

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully the GF and I will be able to make it to an Atlanta event soon; she's been wanting to try auto-x.
    2015 500 Abarth
    2005 Lotus Elise
    2008 Porsche Boxster

Comment

• scooby
      • May 2016

Unfortunately my wife is due on the 21st and it's apparently some sort of tradition that the father has to be there for it. The next points event is two weeks after that so I'll be lucky if I'm able to make it there. But Lanier and Road Atlanta are less than ten minutes from the house so anything going on there I can normally get to.

And thanks Will, I'm trying to make it a little interesting and I'm happy people are reading. Also I'm pretty satisfied with the wheels, just need to get some stickers for the center caps...
      Last edited by scooby; 04-10-2017, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• scooby
        • May 2016

Originally posted by TachItUp
        Thanks for sharing. Hopefully the GF and I will be able to make it to an Atlanta event soon; she's been wanting to try auto-x.
        Yes, come on out! Bring the Lotus too! Atlanta Region has a very active Novice program so there are lots of instructors around to help.

You can find the schedule here:

Comment

• Robert Nixon

thanks for the report, great job on PAX!
          2013 Rosso Abarth with 68K miles, Koni yellow shocks, Madness springs, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016-2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014-2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
          My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

Comment

• scooby
            • May 2016

Thanks, I'm just happy to keep improving. I'd like to come up and run with you guys at some point, maybe after this kid get here and life goes back to "normal..."

Comment

• scooby
              • May 2016

Not too many Fiat pics this time around but here's some that I like:

My friend's C7... she had just put new brake pads on before this event, they were working pretty hard:

Cool little Sprite, one of two that showed up:

And speaking of cool:

Action shot! BMW in a full broadside skid in the My Advice to You is to Start Drinking (Braking) Heavily Slalom:
              Attached Files

Comment

• Fastdrivingjr
                • Sep 2015

only a couple more days anyone in ATLANTA.. if you would to join me sign up! $75 open track Scooby

iTrack Motorsports on Friday, April 21, 2017 at Lanier Raceplex, Braselton, Georgia - Welcome to the iTrack Motorsports 2017 Drift &Grip #3 This unique event will put both racers and drifters on track in seperate run groups for a night of exciting on track driving! We will be setting u...

Comment

• scooby
                  • May 2016

My kid ended up being born a week early, gonna have to take a rain check on that one.

Comment

• SVAGO 1
                    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by scooby
                    My kid ended up being born a week early, gonna have to take a rain check on that one.

Congratulations!! Boy or Girl?
                    My Build Thread

Fiat 500 Sport Mods
                    • MADNESS - Go Pedal, Short Shift Adapter, 16mm Spacers (all around), Carbon Fiber Front Brace, V-Maxx Coilovers
                    • CORZA FORZA - Lower Cross Brace, Vertical Chassis Braces
                    • OTHER - Draw-Tite Bike Rack Hitch, Window Tinting, Racing Stripes, LED Lights, WeatherTech Floor Mats, Carbon Fiber Shift knob, Fumoto Oil Drain Plug

Comment

• scooby
                      • May 2016

Boy, so I'll have a helper in a few years.

Comment

• scooby
                        • May 2016

Sunday was another gorgeous day to drive! It was still a wee bit chilly when the gates opened but by the time the first run group set off it was pretty comfortable. Just warm enough for the tires to hold some heat but not so warm that the hood gets popped open after each run. Had a good turnout too, 134 drivers. This included a large contingent of BRZs, GTIs, and Fiesta STs, though none found their way into my class. It was just me and the Mazda 3 in HS again... the six Fiestas were scattered between Novice, STX, and SMF. And my STX Abarth buddy was back again too.

The course was well thought-out and it seemed less complex than the last one. I thought at first it would be biased towards the horsepower crowd but it ended up being pretty fair. It started with a short slalom then went into a tight Chicago Box, then opened up around the banking, then tightened into another slalom, etc. My times weren't awful but I felt like I left a bunch on the table by killing off too much speed in some spots instead of taking the proper line and maintaining momentum. One spot in particular was right before the finish, a 90° left turn that came straight from the infield and climbed up onto the banking (the venue is an old oval track that's been completely paved all the way through). I might've hit the right line once or twice but the rest of the time I carried too much speed on the wrong line and had to brake too much. This left me off boost, turning, and going uphill, absolutely killing my times. I know better, lesson learned for next time.

Results weren't terrible though. With my class being a little less competitive I usually compare my times to the faster GS and STX classes, and I was on the good side of midpack in both. So out of 134 drivers I was 1st in class, 74th overall, and 44th in PAX. Not too shabby, though I'd like to get my PAX back down... the Miatas were very quick on this course, I think they blew the curve. More photos to come, of course.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by scooby; 05-10-2017, 01:00 AM.

Comment

• scooby
                          • May 2016

Oh, and good news/bad news time.

The good news, for anyone autocrossing a 500T or Abarth in STX, is that the SCCA is looking to change the Street Touring rules to allow greater ECU tuning freedom. Tuning has been allowed previously, but no boost changes. Now extra boost is allowed through flash, piggyback, or stand-alone engine management solutions. No mechanical boost controllers still, I guess. There is talk of shuffling cars around and pulling from STX and STF to create a new STH class, but we'll have to see where the turbo Fiats end up.

Fastrack article, for those who care: https://dk1xgl0d43mu1.cloudfront.net...pdf?1491315591

The bad news, for me anyway, is that I probably won't be able to get the Fiat to SCCA Nationals this year. Between paying hospital bills for this new kid, giving the IRS more of my money, and possibly paying an HVAC company to replace both damn A/C units in my eight-year old house, I think I'm pretty much drained for a while. I can still make some local events but all the extra stuff will have to wait.

Comment

• scooby
                            • May 2016

So I know the camera adds 10 pounds but I'm pretty sure that helmet smooshing my face adds 10 more. I look like I barely fit in the car, lol:

Giving rides on my first couple runs:

One of the aforementioned very quick Miatas blowing the PAX curve:

And just a couple of regulars in cool rides:

Next stop, Track Night at Atlanta Motorsports Park later this week, then maybe a rallycross in the wife's Subaru next weekend. I was gonna take the Fiat to play in the dirt but my all-season tires are mounted on the 17" Abarth rims, and I sure would like to not bend those into little pretzels. Next autocross will be June.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Southernroadrunner
                              Lifetime Member
                              • Dec 2015

Looks like way to much fun.
                              !!!!! Gulia Hunt Begins !!!!
                              !!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

Comment

• scooby
                                • May 2016

Sitting in the paddock at AMP, waiting on my run group. Sorry I don't have more, I don't have a fancy GoPro and apparently taking pictures while driving is strictly verboten. The track was great, the staff was helpful, and the car was fast. I was lucky enough to be behind two much faster cars and ahead of a pack of slower cars, so I had a completely clear track for almost a full session. So much fun, though I need to upgrade the brakes lickity-split if this is gonna become a habit.

The unfortunate side was we had two pretty spectacular crashes that caused delays and eventually cut the event short. The drivers were okay, thankfully, but their cars (a newer GTI and a C5 Z06) were write-offs.
                                Attached Files

Comment