500 Madness

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Owner: SVAGO 1 - '15 500 Sport - RED

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by B3NN3TT View Post
    I really enjoyed the Neu-F shifter adapter on my Abarth. I only modified a few things, but that was the one that gave the most daily pleasure.
    I have only had it two days and I can tell you without a doubt that a true short shifter will be the FIRST mod I do when I buy my Abarth. The first $500 will be a Short Shifter, and WeatherTech floor mats (sounds , but those things are awesome!) Then I'll do some handling mods, Coilovers, bracing, etc., then brakes and then I'll work on some performance mods...
    My Build Thread

Fiat 500 Sport Mods
    • MADNESS - Go Pedal, Short Shift Adapter, 16mm Spacers (all around), Carbon Fiber Front Brace, V-Maxx Coilovers
    • CORZA FORZA - Lower Cross Brace, Vertical Chassis Braces
    • OTHER - Draw-Tite Bike Rack Hitch, Window Tinting, Racing Stripes, LED Lights, WeatherTech Floor Mats, Carbon Fiber Shift knob, Fumoto Oil Drain Plug

Thanks
    I had some WeatherTech floor mats that I bought for winter driving, and I COUNTED DOWN THE DAYS every spring until I could take them out. Horrible things.
    Andy
    2013 500 Abarth (Sold 3/17) 2008 Mustang Bullitt #5389 2000 ROUSH Cougar SMF #71 2013 Focus ST

Thanks
    Thanked 2,412 Times in 1,974 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SVAGO 1 View Post
    Thanks! I will be buying an Abarth as soon as I pay off my last outstanding loan... It is going to be my "Finally Debt FREE" gift to myself. Should I only make the payments due, it will be 32 months from now, however I expect to finish paying it off in ~22 months.
    Good choice for a "gift" for the accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by SVAGO 1 View Post
    I have only had it two days and I can tell you without a doubt that a true short shifter will be the FIRST mod I do when I buy my Abarth. The first $500 will be a Short Shifter, and WeatherTech floor mats (sounds , but those things are awesome!) Then I'll do some handling mods, Coilovers, bracing, etc., then brakes and then I'll work on some performance mods...
    Instead of WeatherTech look at the Aries Digital 3D Liners, they are in my opinion much nicer in both look and feel. I have them in my Abarth and have owned WeatherTech as well so I have a direct ownership comparison.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tweak For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (05-18-2017), WillFiat (05-16-2017)

Thanks
    I have had the Aries 3D floor mats in my 2012 Sport for 3 years now and I agree with Tweak that it is a very good product. The way the edges turn up and fit flush to the foot well adds a nice finished look to the floor area. For such a utilitarian item I think these floor mats really improve the appearance of the interior of the car. I find them very easy to clean also.
    2012 Prima Edizione #227 Girgio
    500Madness axle back muffler
    Magnaflow glasspack resonator
    Craven Speed stubby antenna
    Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs
    Niveus Cold Air Intake

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WillFiat View Post
    I have had the Aries 3D floor mats in my 2012 Sport for 3 years now and I agree with Tweak that it is a very good product. The way the edges turn up and fit flush to the foot well adds a nice finished look to the floor area. For such a utilitarian item I think these floor mats really improve the appearance of the interior of the car. I find them very easy to clean also.
    Thanks Will, I think anyone that has or has had them in any car will lean towards positives when discussing these mats.

WeatherTech has the larger block pattern and more of a plastic feel while Aries has a much nicer rubbery feel.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweak View Post
    Good choice for a "gift" for the accomplishment. Instead of WeatherTech look at the Aries Digital 3D Liners, they are in my opinion much nicer in both look and feel. I have them in my Abarth and have owned WeatherTech as well so I have a direct ownership comparison.
    Those DO look much nicer. I will agree that the Weathertech are not really aestetically pleasing, but they are very utilitarian. I love that I can pull them out, scrub them with a brush and soap, rinse them and leave them out to dry while I am cleaning my car and they catch everything! I have had them before for many years and the carpet still looked like the day I put them in. A few weeks ago I went for a bike ride and it was pouring rain. After the ride I changed clothes and put all my dirty stuff in a bag, but my shoes were still very muddy and wet from walking back to the car from the shower room. The next day, I pulled out the driver's side mat, rinsed it, cleaned it and the floor underneath was perfectly clean. If these work as well as the weathertech, I may consider them, as they do look 100% better than the Weathertech liners.
    My Build Thread

Fiat 500 Sport Mods
    • MADNESS - Go Pedal, Short Shift Adapter, 16mm Spacers (all around), Carbon Fiber Front Brace, V-Maxx Coilovers
    • CORZA FORZA - Lower Cross Brace, Vertical Chassis Braces
    • OTHER - Draw-Tite Bike Rack Hitch, Window Tinting, Racing Stripes, LED Lights, WeatherTech Floor Mats, Carbon Fiber Shift knob, Fumoto Oil Drain Plug

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SVAGO 1 For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (05-18-2017)

Thanks
    ^^^ Same thing, rinse clean or scrub clean if needed I suppose. The bottom is very weird in how it feels, very grippy but not damaging to the carpet and none of the little spikes many mats use that in some cases break away with time. If you like WT I can't see you disliking Aries.

Thanks

Floor Mats cont.

Personally I've never understood the weather tech hype, I primarily take issue with the fact that they "climb" up the sides of the footwells but do not "stick" to the walls. So yeah, laser measured, custom made for each model of car, that's great, but after 3 days they gap at the sides and look trashy.

I've been a fan of the Monster Mats I've had in my VWs, they are actually a little cheaper than weathertech and I like the way they look enough to put up with removing a little bit of road salt from my side walls and dead pedal in the spring. When the mats get filthy they get hosed off and tossed in the dishwasher. The Mopar Abarth rubber mats seem like pretty much the same thing.

The Aries mats look promising. I'll grab a set if I can't get my stolen TDI mats to sit still in the Abarth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweak View Post
    Good choice for a "gift" for the accomplishment.

Instead of WeatherTech look at the Aries Digital 3D Liners, they are in my opinion much nicer in both look and feel. I have them in my Abarth and have owned WeatherTech as well so I have a direct ownership comparison.

I have the Aries, too. They hold up great. I was afraid they would fade/discolor or get a big ol' wear spot after a while, but they still look good. Highly recommended.

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiat500USA For This Useful Post:

SVAGO 1 (05-19-2017)

Thanks
    Aries hold up well and they don't have any real gap issues like described above after several years and around 40K of use.

Now one thing that happens with them but to me is no issue is with some the clutch puts a bit of wear on the mats when fully compressed.

I don't think this happens every time with every car and you won't see it and it won't create any actual problem with the function so it isn't something I care at all about.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tweak For This Useful Post:

SVAGO 1 (05-19-2017)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast