Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

If it's still in the FCA parts train, trans shipment is free to another dealer. At least that was the case of a couple parts I ordered.

I did a lot of searching on the forum last night and it seems 37mm is the most I've seen someone run here. Someone had 15 inch wheels with 43mm offset...

I think that's tagged as a Ram in other markets. (IIRC that's the model my nephew sent me pictures of it last winter, on his trip to Mexico.)

We only have 2 Alfa dealerships here. A Fiat/Alfa studio. The other Alfa dealership, is offer at a MB one. Along, with Porsche, jaguar Maserati, land...

I would personally sell the new truck, though a Ram dealership. The Fiat studios are pretty much extinct....

What you do is sell it through Fiat dealerships and stick it to Dodge for the Hornet business....

I see that midsize truck, with a RAM name plate on the grill and emboss on the tail gate.
My daughter finally trade off her troublesome Jeep Renegade...

Nice looking alloy wheels...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $150.00 on these Lowering Springs by Corsa Forza Performance for your FIAT 500.

Improve your FIAT...

1970 Fiat Abarth TCR 1000 Berlina Corsa

If the 43mm offset is correct then a 5 to 10mm spacer will put it about right. The stock wheels run between +30 and +35 offset depending on the style....

I'd look at salvage options to keep the price reasonable. I see a few options scattered around the country: https://www.lkqonline.com/2013-fiat-500-...

FWIW, Edmunds pricing guide here. ...

My Neighbor leased a Giulia and traded it in for a Stelvio. The Alfa dealer is in the next county.

I totally agree with you & Firefly is a great analogy (but 'Serenity' is one of my favorite ever movies!)
No resolution re. Fiat posts only...

I was thinking about this post today on my way to work and saw a Giulia. I see a 500 maybe once every two weeks.

Looking good. What I usually do with the inside of the tailpipes is spray some WD40 on something soft like Never Dull Cotton Wading. After that, a chrome...

I did it! Drove it till it wouldn't go any more!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jlassen
    • Nov 2016

I did it! Drove it till it wouldn't go any more!

Pushed it to its limits. Died 40 feet from my driveway. When that turtle started blinking, and I was at zero percent for 1 mile plus, I knew it was going to be close.

Was able to run an extension cord from garage 110 outlet to the street, and get enough of a charge over a half hour or so to get it into the garage. But that was a stressful ride down the freeway with Mr. Blinking turtle.

Never tell a coworker... "sure, I can give you a ride home. it should be fine..." when you don't have enough charge. Just not worth it.
    Last edited by jlassen; 02-14-2017, 12:36 AM.
  • fox
    • Feb 2017

^lol

Comment

• KellyfromVA
      • Feb 2016

Originally posted by jlassen
      Pushed it to its limits. Died 40 feet from my driveway. When that turtle started blinking, and I was at zero percent for 1 mile plus, I knew it was going to be close.
      Just curious: How many miles and what sort of driving conditions before it finally gave up the ghost? I know you mentioned freeway, but what speed were you averaging and what was the terrain like?

Comment

• huauqui
        Lifetime Member
        Lifetime Member
        • May 2015

So glad you got that close. I agree with KellyfromVA we need more details. I wish I lived where I could have/use an E, I am just to far from everywhere for one.

Comment

• rnddude
          • Sep 2013

Been there, done that, and on more than one occasion. Compulsive risk taker......
          2013 500e Sport, Nero Metallic, all Abarth suspension, 17" Michi's, Koni Yellows, HID's

Comment

• jlassen
            • Nov 2016

I was at 1%. Went 4.1 miles, in heavy rain, cold out (but heater was off). Freeway for about 3.8 miles. 40MPH... I kept my flashers on, and kept speed low. there was a long upward grade/hill, for about 1.5 miles of that, then downgrade for 1.5 miles. Then city streets for last mile or so. I coasted through the last 3 stop signs instead of breaking/stopping... that's what got me to my block.

Comment

• rkw
              • Mar 2015

I was at 1%. Went 4.1 miles, in heavy rain, cold out (but heater was off). Freeway for about 3.8 miles. 40MPH... I kept my flashers on, and kept speed low. there was a long upward grade/hill, for about 1.5 miles of that, then downgrade for 1.5 miles. Then city streets for last mile or so. I coasted through the last 3 stop signs instead of breaking/stopping... that's what got me to my block.
              If I'm reading that right, you managed to go almost 12 miles from 1%. Not bad! It's consistent with what others have experienced for the reserve power: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+Pradeep...ts/fcophuDNnpB

Comment

• GP1776
                • Feb 2017

Stop Signs?

I'm still very new to the EV world (just picked up my 500e this morning) and even newer to this forum.... but when you say you coasted through stop signs... wouldn't braking have regenerated some power? or would it not have been significant enough to out-perform the coasting?

Comment

• fox
                  • Feb 2017

Anytime you can continue to move forward for "free" is more efficient than anything on the planet cause it's not overunity.

Comment

• jlassen
                    • Nov 2016

Originally posted by GP1776
                    I'm still very new to the EV world (just picked up my 500e this morning) and even newer to this forum.... but when you say you coasted through stop signs... wouldn't braking have regenerated some power? or would it not have been significant enough to out-perform the coasting?
                    Since I was already coasting, I was already generating power. Also. For the Fiat specifically, the regenerative breaking stops at 5mph or below. So slowing from 8-10mph to a stop would have generated negligible power that would have been used up getting the car to start moving again from a dead stop.

Comment

• timdodson
                      • Dec 2016

I reset my trip A when I went to 0% SOC the other day. I made it home and after reading this post probably just in time. Just as I hit 0% and 1 mile of range indicated I coasted off the highway up the off ramp to a stop. Down the other side and drove home on flat city streets with a couple stop lights and signs. Anyway here are the stats from the trip A screen after I pulled into my garage. Distance 3.2 miles, Average Energy 7.0 mi\kWh (only 3.2 mi but dang!!), Average speed 25 mph and elapsed time 7 minutes. I was fairly impressed with that. My feet felt numb the whole time....that's what I call range anxiety.

Comment

• Challenger
                        • May 2017

Originally posted by timdodson
                        I reset my trip A when I went to 0% SOC the other day. I made it home and after reading this post probably just in time. Just as I hit 0% and 1 mile of range indicated I coasted off the highway up the off ramp to a stop. Down the other side and drove home on flat city streets with a couple stop lights and signs. Anyway here are the stats from the trip A screen after I pulled into my garage. Distance 3.2 miles, Average Energy 7.0 mi\kWh (only 3.2 mi but dang!!), Average speed 25 mph and elapsed time 7 minutes. I was fairly impressed with that. My feet felt numb the whole time....that's what I call range anxiety.
                        How many total miles did you get on this "exciting" experiment?
                        2014 FIAT 500E
                        2014 Nissan Altima SV
                        2003 Chevy Trailblazer SLT
                        2001 Chevy Monte Carlo SS HS Special Edition
                        1994 Chevy Camaro Z28 Convertible

I didn't say what you thought you heard that I didn't say...
                        CHALLENGER
                        Bill ... Lake City, Florida, USA

Comment