Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

If you take driving over the parts out of the equation, what's left is the installation and driving over curbs, which I don't think you are doing. It...

I expected the bearings to wear faster than they had been when I put on the positive offset wheels but still the bearing was going anyway, unusually ...

Yep, no issues at all. The 17s ride a bit rougher than the 16s and 15s but all run about the same diameter with a lower profile (205/40R17) tire.

If the wheels stick out more than stock that's going to increase wear and tear on the wheel bearings.

The best selling Coil Over Kit for the FIAT 500 is now even better! The new X-Sport Version allows you to adjust the damping from comfortable to track...

Thanks to the many people across Canada who sponsored cars in previous years of the Yorkville Exotic Car show to help fund cancer research. We are continuing

Hotels rooms for Fiat Freakout 2024 (FFO 2024) are going FAST.
If you plan on attending FFO 2024 and want to stay at the main hotel, you need to...

Toronto chapter Members getting ready for FFO 2024 ...

This year Jason Hall turned 50. That’s a pretty big milestone, so to celebrate, I decided to get something even older than myself!
This is a 1971...

Savor the symphony of style.
​...

Yes! All three styles on spoiler will fit (500e/Pop, Abarth and Sport)....

Sport exhaust

What is best sport exhaust for lounge. No raspy sound. Just good sport sound.

Rear spoiler Abarth on louge

Does rear spoiler fit on lounge

17 X 7. Rims on lounge

Does Abarth. 17 X 7 rims fit on lounge?

I think Bob at DI Corse imported some C510s, I could be wrong (happens a lot).

From what I recall the ECU took one look at them and refused to start.

Only two Abarths in the current collection, Isabella and Abby.

I keep thinking I need to let one go, but never actually doing it. Maybe next month....

Door Panel Removal

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WileyCoyote
    • Dec 2015

Door Panel Removal

The lovely gardening staff in my neighborhood were moving and ran over a pile of rocks with their lawnmower and one of them was flung at my rear passenger window. Needless to say it must have been the perfect storm because it shattered the window. The window is still "intact" but if I move it or the car at all it will most definitely disintegrate.

Now onto my question. I have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow and it's not that I don't trust the guys at Safelite to know how to open up the door panel, I just don't trust them to do it without breaking anything. So does anyone know how to remove the panel safely without breaking anything?
    2019 Subaru Ascent Limited
  • Robert Nixon

I haven't had to remove a door panel, but I'm thinking the Safelite guys know what they're doing, have used them before and always been happy.
    2013 Rosso Abarth with 68K miles, Koni yellow shocks, Madness springs, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016-2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014-2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
    My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

Comment

• WileyCoyote
      • Dec 2015

Hopefully. However with many things Fiat (especially the 500L) many people don't seem to know much about it. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Comment

• Fiat500USA
        Amministratore
        • Feb 2011

Fiat 500L Door Panel Removal

How to remove the door panel on a Fiat 500L

• Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
        • Using a trim stick or old credit card, etc., remove the side view mirror flag cover.
        • Disconnect the power mirror wiring connector.
        • Using the trim stick, remove the door tweeter cover.
        • With the use of a small soft pick tool remove the fastener cover at the bottom of the power window switch/grab handle pocket. Remove the fastener.
        • Using the trim stick, release the window switch/grab handle inner retainers.
        • Disconnect the window switch wiring connectors.

• Remove the fasteners (2) from the door trim panel (1).
        • Using the trim stick, remove the door trim panel inner retainers.
        • Lift the door trim panel up to detach the inner belt molding from the door flange. But:

Do not remove the trim panel at this time.

• Looking in from behind the door trim panel, you need to disconnect the latch rod from the door trim panel and the interior latch handle.
        • Disconnect the tweeter wiring connector.
        • Remove the trim panel from the door.
        Attached Files
        Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
        fiat 500 forum signature
        abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• WileyCoyote
          • Dec 2015

Thanks Fiat500USA!!! This is really good info. Any chance you have the rear door panel removal?

Comment

• Fiat500USA
            Amministratore
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by WileyCoyote
            Thanks Fiat500USA!!! This is really good info. Any chance you have the rear door panel removal?
            Removing removing the rear door panel on the Fiat 500L is basically the same as the front. Instead of the mirror trim piece there is the trim in the rear corner that you pry off. You have to disconnect the door latch rod from the door trim panel and the interior latch handle before you remove the door panel.

Here is the location of the fasteners.

Attached Files
            Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
            fiat 500 forum signature
            abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• WileyCoyote
              • Dec 2015

Update:

The Safelite guy came around 4pm PST. He seemed knowledgeable about Fiats calling them "Just Like BMWs" because BMW bought Fiat. Not correct me, but as far as I know, FCA is currently the only parent company for Fiat. But regardless he was able to get everything off and it's apparently really easy compared to other cars. Well he totally jinxed himself. He installed the glass, channels, and rubber super quick then when he attempted to roll up the window it was really slow, kept doing the "antipinch" feature the whole way until it stopped full around 1/2 inch from closed. So he took everything off (except the glass) to try and see what was catching. Couldn't see anything. Reassembled every except the door panel to watch from the inside. It rolled all the way up with no problems. Put the door panel on and it repeated the same symptoms. Again took off everything to again check for issues. Nothing. It was obvious that the door panel was causing the window to come out of the channel. So at my suggestion he rolled the window all the way up when he put on the door panel (before he had the window down to make it easier) and voila! The glass remained in the channel and everything worked perfectly. Now I don't blame the guy whatsoever because all things Fiat are weird but the entire process took 2 hours roughly. I feel bad because it was his last install of the week and it took 45-60 mins longer than he was expecting.

TLDR: L's are strange and if you need a rear door window replaced make sure that your or the tech get the glass in the channels with the rubber and INSTALL THE DOOR PANEL WITH THE WINDOW ALL THE WAY UP. This will make you life easier. Read above if you want to know why.

Comment

• Ez2517
                • Jul 2015

Seems he mixed up Fiat and Mini

Comment

• WileyCoyote
                  • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Ez2517
                  Seems he mixed up Fiat and Mini
                  It's good to know I'm not crazy. It's a little disgusting that he confused the two. Makes much more sense why he thought that " He remembered the panel removal to but much harder than it was." I'm assuming he was comparing it to a Countryman or some other 4 door mini. Nevertheless, I'm glad its fixed and reimbursed by the gardeners. Now to tint match it to the other side...

Comment

• Kdogg
                    • Aug 2018

Anyone know how to remove 500x door panel? I need to replace driver's side outside door handle and can find tutorials for lots of other models and have taken the interior off the door, however underneath there is a solid plastic panel instead of the plastic sheeting. I was a little unsure once it appeared the window motor was attached to the plastic panel so I backed off. How about it Fiat500USA?

Comment

• Ez2517
                      • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Fiat500USA
                      Removing the rear door panel on the Fiat 500L is basically the same as the front.
                      Btw, do you have the same for the rear hatch door ? I'd like to mount a reverse camera, so I need to remove the plastic panel from the door. I fear that there are many plastic clips to be broken there

Many thanks
                      Brandy

Comment

• Keat Tan
                        • Jul 2020

Originally posted by Kdogg
                        Anyone know how to remove 500x door panel? I need to replace driver's side outside door handle and can find tutorials for lots of other models and have taken the interior off the door, however underneath there is a solid plastic panel instead of the plastic sheeting. I was a little unsure once it appeared the window motor was attached to the plastic panel so I backed off. How about it Fiat500USA?
                        kdogg, was there a reply to your question? I have the same issue.

Comment

• Cheese
                          • Jul 2020

Just did my door handle on a 2016 500X. You don't need to remove the door panel.
                          It's the same as this Jeep Renegade video.
                          Scew it in to unlock (clockwise)... Screw it out to lock it when put back in place (counter clockwise)
                          Last edited by Cheese; 07-15-2020, 11:44 AM.

Comment