500 Madness

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Go Pedal Or RRM Timing controller

Thanks

Go Pedal Or RRM Timing controller

Hey guys,

I'm looking at purchasing either the RRM Timing controller or the madness Go pedal. I have some pro's and con's for both. I don't like that the go pedal is visible in the cabin. and my con for the timing controller is that I'm afraid of CEL's I know that one actually makes power and the other modifies the electronic throttle calibration. does the sport mode still work with either of them? Anyone have experience with either or both these products? any feedback or help would be greatly appreciated maybe you can point me in the right direction!

Thanks
    I'm actually returning my Madness GoPedal today. I had it installed for a week or so and I just don't think it's worth the price tag. As far as being visible...I just set the parameters that I liked the best on the GoPedal and placed it behind the fuse panel left of the steering wheel. Sport mode works just fine and is noticeable even with the GoPedal installed. I have no experience with the RRM product.
    - 2015 Fiat Abarth (6spd Auto)
    - 2015 Chevy SS Sedan (6spd Manual)
    - 2015 Audi 2.0T Quattro A3 Sedan (APR Stage II)

Thanks
    I tried the timing controller for about a month and didn't noticed any improvement, nothing.
    I don't have the Go Pedal, but I do have the Sprint Booster and although I was skeptical, I actually like it a lot, I know I'm not getting any extra power, but the delivery is much better.
    Finally I got Eurocompulsion NA flash and it really does a difference, it won't blow you away, but it's noticeable. I still keep the SB with this NA tune and both work fine together.

Thanks
    I own the Madness GoPedal and I'm pretty satisfied with it. Now I have a 500L so it has the Turbo engine that the GoPedal helps reduce the lag associated with it. I can say the the power will not increase much if at all but will be much more readily available. Example stock setting doesn't change the acceleration curve at all and it's sluggish off the line. Now on sport plus mode with +3 curve, the power is practically instantly available (still Turbo lag but that's the thing with turbos). Now the flip side I have not tested the RRM part. I can endorse the GP for the turbo engine, and imagine it's similar to the NA, as it makes it snappier and it's super easy to install.

Also, when I bought mine GP I had a 30 day worry free guarantee. Verify that's still a thing but if you don't like it you should be able to return.
    Bianco 2014 Fiat 500L
    1.4L MultiAir Turbo
    Standard Transmission
    Madness GoPedal
    Bonalume Blow Off Adapter Plate
    SILA Concepts Turbo Blanket

Thanks
    I have a magneti marelli power pedal for sale. It's similar to a go pedal but it's setting switch is a remote so nothing is visible when installed. Pm me if you're interested

Premium Member Southernroadrunner's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by compactdan View Post
    I have a magneti marelli power pedal for sale. It's similar to a go pedal but it's setting switch is a remote so nothing is visible when installed. Pm me if you're interested
    Why don't you put this item for sale in the classified section and add some photos. You will get more people to look at your item for sale
    2015 Abarth (Gray)
    Advan- RSII 17x7.5
    Advan Yokohama - AD08R 215/40/17
    EUROCOMPULSION
    - V4.1 AIR INDUCTION SYSTEM
    EUROCOMPULSION RED ENGINE COVER

MADNESS - EIBACH PRO SPRING KIT
    MADNESS - HOOD LIFT KIT

FIATTECH
    - TROFEO FRONT SPOILER

!!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by compactdan View Post
    PM Sent

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkett1983 View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm looking at purchasing either the RRM Timing controller or the madness Go pedal. I have some pro's and con's for both. I don't like that the go pedal is visible in the cabin. and my con for the timing controller is that I'm afraid of CEL's I know that one actually makes power and the other modifies the electronic throttle calibration. does the sport mode still work with either of them? Anyone have experience with either or both these products? any feedback or help would be greatly appreciated maybe you can point me in the right direction!
    why not try the Dinan Sport module?. I installed it on mine and been really happy. nice performance boost , cheap price of entry and the app they have (while a bit clunky) is kinda cool to change the settings and monitor boost. 2 min install also was nice. just my 2 cents

Thanks
    I had a sport before I got my Abarth. I had the rrm controller and the rrm intake. They work well together. There was a noticeable difference. I did have the cel come up 2 times in the 2 years I had the controller on my sport.

Most of the other people responding have turbo engines so their lag issues don't apply to your non turbo.
    the pedals simulate pushing the pedal more, that's it. just get used to the car and push faster and further. save$
    the rrm controller will never be as good as the na tunes that are available. get a proper na tune. if you feel you still need a pedal get one then.
    2013 Abarth OFT tuning, Eurocompulsion FMIC, Wheel stud conversion, Falken 615k tires, RRM intake, RRM pulley, NGen coils, GFB DV+, CPR Strut tops, Bilstein x-overs, NEU-F rear bar, NEU-F torque arm insert, Custom hood vent, Assetto Corse style front grille, Craven stubby antenna, Custom machined armrest delete, custom rear seat delete, boost fix mod, black vinyl roof.

Thanks
    RoadRace Motorsports
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero05 View Post
    why not try the Dinan Sport module?. I installed it on mine and been really happy. nice performance boost , cheap price of entry and the app they have (while a bit clunky) is kinda cool to change the settings and monitor boost. 2 min install also was nice. just my 2 cents
    lol do you work for Dinan? I think almost every post I've ever seen from you mentions them, but nobody else seems to :P

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast