500 Madness

Thread: Turned in the '13, rolled it into a '17, but the App...

Thanks

Question Turned in the '13, rolled it into a '17, but the App...

Our beloved Sparky, the '13 Pearl White hardtop is gone. I signed her over to the rejuvenated Kearny Mesa Fiat (now San Diego Fiat and owned by Newport Beach Ferrari, rather than Joe) and although I can unlock Sparky and detect exactly where he is with my App, I can't do what I want to.

Because Sparky is dead, but Long Live Sparky! Our '17 Pearl White eSport hardtop is in the driveway, it's got in-dash nav, a snarling V8, uh dual armrests and is charging away...but I can't figure out how to get the Fiat Access App to let me input the VIN for the new Sparky.

Has anyone any experience with this?

Premium Member Southernroadrunner's Avatar
    Thanks
    Congrats on the new ride sir.
    2015 Abarth (Gray)
    ADVAN- RSII 17x7.5 WHEELS WITH ADVAN YOKAHAMA-AD08R 215/40/17 TIRES
    EUROCOMPULSION
    - V4.1 AIR INDUCTION SYSTEM / TORQUE SOLUTIONS BOV
    EIBACH - SPORTLINES WITH KONI SHOCKS / ENERGY SUSPENSION- REAR THIN ISOLATORS
    MADNESS - HOOD LIFT KIT /
    FIATTECH
    - TROFEO FRONT SPOILER
    CORSA FORZA - REAR TORSION BAR / PROSPORT-BOOST GUAGE

!!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballinger View Post
    Because Sparky is dead, but Long Live Sparky! Our '17 Pearl White eSport hardtop is in the driveway, it's got in-dash nav, a snarling V8, uh dual armrests and is charging away...but I can't figure out how to get the Fiat Access App to let me input the VIN for the new Sparky.

Has anyone any experience with this?
    'My' car is now someplace in New Jersey where whomever has it is letting the battery die, sigh. I think you need to have set up your account online, when we first leased ours that is how it was set up. The app login uses that info; I never entered a vin there.

Good luck
    Wicked Dot - Rosso+black Abarth 500c
    MoJo - Electric Orange 500e stealth performer - lease over, replaced with a faster! E

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballinger View Post
    I can't figure out how to get the Fiat Access App to let me input the VIN
    Registration is handled on the Mopar website: https://www.mopar.com/fiat/en-us.html

However, I've seen related issues discussed without clear resolutions. Owners who returned their car but couldn't unregister it from the app and continue to get notifications. People who buy a used 500e and couldn't get the app transferred from the original owner. You should contact Fiat customer service, and I believe there's a different number for the Access app.

Thanks
    Okay, I've got this all resolved and all figured. For the benefit of others in the future, here's the deal:

--You can disconnect or unregister your old car, if you have turned in a 500e, by going to the UConnect website. That's a cool thing to do, because the next owner needs you to do it or they have to jump through some hoops.

--You must activate the new car to UConnect. The easiest way to do this is to get in the car, use the button on the end of the wiper stalk to toggle into menu, scroll to the bottom and get the UConnect Access Code that's one of the choices. Jot that down, and then go inside and hop on the UConnect site. After you login, call them. UConnect will ask you for the code, your VIN and will verify your info and email. Bing! It becomes active and then you go fire up the car to seal the deal.

--If you have Fiat Access app on your phone, delete it and restart the phone. Reinstall the software and open it up. It's gonna ask you to login again using the account you chose for this car (I used the same one as our old car) and when it does: Voila', you're done.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ballinger For This Useful Post:

rkw (01-16-2017), Southernroadrunner (01-15-2017)