500 Madness

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is this a good deal ? Worried about Abarth reliability.

Thanks

Is this a good deal ? Worried about Abarth reliability.

I have the option to buy a 2013 Abarth 500 with 40.000.00 miles, warranty expired, fully loaded (every option except navigation) for $9,000.00 plus tax & tag. It has one minor accident in the front although seems to have been repaired well, airbags did not deploy according to carfax. 3 tires have 8-10k left and one is almost new, I think previous owner had a to replace one. Carfax says a new battery... Brakes seem stock although front have 20k left in them of life, rear brakes look new. One key only, the other was lost, fiat quoted me $330.00 to replace.

The car seems well taken care of and runs well, I inspected thoroughly without looking at the chassis with a friend who used to be a mechanic (now an engineer).

I am very worried about the reliability of these fiats after reading in these forums. Extended warranty through fiat seems too expensive 1 year, 12k additional I was quoted $1800 and for 5, 60k+ years it was $3800. Apparently if the car is bellow 48k and in warranty the extended warranties are much cheaper because it is considered new.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Premium Member Southernroadrunner's Avatar
    Thanks
    What I've seen on car deals on some of the places on the Internet and things posted by members here. I might lean towards looking around a little more. But that's just me.
    2015 Abarth (Gray)
    Advan- RSII 17x7.5
    Advan Yokohama - AD08R 215/40/17
    EUROCOMPULSION
    - V4.1 AIR INDUCTION SYSTEM
    EUROCOMPULSION - TORQUE SOLUTIONS BOV

MADNESS - EIBACH PRO SPRING KIT
    MADNESS - HOOD LIFT KIT

FIATTECH
    - TROFEO FRONT SPOILER

!!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

Thanks
    We just put a warranty on my wife's Abarth through our credit union. It extends her out to 100k and was about 1900.
    16 500X Pop, Rosso Passione, M6
    13 500 Abarth, Bianco Gellato, 17" M5, Wife's

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikeyjm1 For This Useful Post:

Amacento (01-15-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyjm1 View Post
    We just put a warranty on my wife's Abarth through our credit union. It extends her out to 100k and was about 1900.
    Good deal, who is your credit union ? I was quoted $2300.00 by two credit unions I use for 5 yrs out to 100k. They are both utilizing route 66 as the provider.. I find this expensive for a car worth $9000.00.

Thanks
    I beat my Abarth daily. Many shifts at redline. I have lots of mods. I have had 0 failures. 0 warranty items. Others are not as lucky, it seems the bad ones are really bad and the good ones are realty good. check the repair history and see if its a good one before buying.

Id look around for an accident free example. I saw recently in Texas they were blowing out brand new Abarth cars at 14K.
    Also look one state over if you have to. in some areas some dealers simply cant sell these cars. you might walk away with a newer car with no accident history for the same price.
    2013 Abarth OFT tuning, Eurocompulsion FMIC, Wheel stud conversion, Falken 615k tires, RRM intake, RRM pulley, NGen coils, GFB DV+, CPR Strut tops, Bilstein x-overs, NEU-F rear bar, NEU-F torque arm insert, Custom hood vent, Assetto Corse style front grille, Craven stubby antenna, Custom machined armrest delete, custom rear seat delete, boost fix mod, black vinyl roof.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by robotizing View Post
    Good deal, who is your credit union ? I was quoted $2300.00 by two credit unions I use for 5 yrs out to 100k. They are both utilizing route 66 as the provider.. I find this expensive for a car worth $9000.00.
    It's the Fort Bragg Federal Credit Union.
    16 500X Pop, Rosso Passione, M6
    13 500 Abarth, Bianco Gellato, 17" M5, Wife's

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyjm1 View Post
    It's the Fort Bragg Federal Credit Union.
    Ty. I will give them a call.

Thanks
    I believe I located a much nicer abarth a few hours away.

Thanks
    I found my 2016 Abarth with 2300 miles yesterday in a pick-up truck dealership for 12K out the door.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by robotizing View Post
    I have the option to buy a 2013 Abarth 500 with 40.000.00 miles, warranty expired, fully loaded (every option except navigation) for $9,000.00 plus tax & tag. It has one minor accident in the front although seems to have been repaired well, airbags did not deploy according to carfax. 3 tires have 8-10k left and one is almost new, I think previous owner had a to replace one. Carfax says a new battery... Brakes seem stock although front have 20k left in them of life, rear brakes look new. One key only, the other was lost, fiat quoted me $330.00 to replace.

The car seems well taken care of and runs well, I inspected thoroughly without looking at the chassis with a friend who used to be a mechanic (now an engineer).

I am very worried about the reliability of these fiats after reading in these forums. Extended warranty through fiat seems too expensive 1 year, 12k additional I was quoted $1800 and for 5, 60k+ years it was $3800. Apparently if the car is bellow 48k and in warranty the extended warranties are much cheaper because it is considered new.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    I totally understand your worry. I would keep looking... you may be able to find one in warranty and extend that. They are out there and you should be able to score a good deal as FIAT USA slashed prices for 2017.
    Vivere.Amare.Guidare.

http://cc5club.blogspot.com/

https://www.pinterest.com/CC5Club/

https://www.facebook.com/CC5Club

... there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy. - James May

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast