500 Madness

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Fiat Gucci fob is broken and locksmith is unable to add new key

Thanks

2012 Fiat Gucci fob is broken and locksmith is unable to add new key

The alarm control and transponder on my only fob both stopped working. I couldn't stop the alarm or start the car. He tried repairing it but couldn't. We ordered a new one from the factory with my VIN number. With all his scanners and his laptop he was unable the new key with my PIN. According to this http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums.../t-506992.html my BCM is locked out since I triggered the alarm. Has anyone ran into this problem? This locksmith has worked on plenty of Fiats and never ran into this. Thanks

Thanks
    Edit: missed the part where it was your only key, I believe the BCM does have to be replaced. It's not cheap for sure.
    Last edited by woodyracing; 01-06-2017 at 11:17 PM.

Thanks
    It may hurt by try taking it to the dealership. They have more access to the computers than anyone and can probably unlock the BCM and get the key set up right. Unfortunately manufacturers only have to let certain access to the systems out there for the aftermarket and retain a lot for themselves only.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Abarth Handler For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (01-07-2017)

Sorry to hear this. Work involving the immobilizer is probably best handled at the dealer who can reflash modules. Let us know how you make out.

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Thanks
    So the Fiat dealer should have the ability to flash the BCM and unlock it? I've called the a couple of dealerships in NYC and honestly the locksmith sounds a lot more knowledgeable. It's a pretty long tow to either one. Does anyone have any experience with putting a used BCM into a different car?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyside_Fiat View Post
    So the Fiat dealer should have the ability to flash the BCM and unlock it? I've called the a couple of dealerships in NYC and honestly the locksmith sounds a lot more knowledgeable. It's a pretty long tow to either one. Does anyone have any experience with putting a used BCM into a different car?
    Most locksmiths have an inflated sense of their own abilities. I haven't heard of anyone being successful with a locksmith in fixing key issues on a Fiat, no matter how much the locksmith swore up and down ahead of time they could fix it. Does your locksmith offer a 100% money back guarantee, parts included, if he fails? If not, go to the dealer.
    2015 Rosso Abarth
    - HEAVILY MODDED - Eurodrive Ph.2

"Most of Alvin's Parts are on Other People's Cars" - NGEN

8. The Following User Says Thank You to aelfwyne For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (01-07-2017)

Thanks
    So I finally found a dealer that knows what's going on. They've ran into this situation and have worked with Fiat engineering. There is no other way around it, the body control module must be replaced. They've had to do it over a hundred times. It's crazy a broken fob will end up costing me about a thousand dollars.

Thanks
    I had a key immobilizer go bad so the car wouldn't start. No alarm, though, so maybe that's the sticky part. I had to wait 6 weeks for a key to be ordered from Italy but the second key kept working so no real issue. I suppose it's BECAUSE of the alarm part that more than the key has to be replaced?
    Jeff Guerdat

2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
    1970 Fiat 850 Spider
    2016 Cadillac ATS-V 6 speed manual

Thanks
    The problem is that this was the only fob I had. The key blade worked and my girlfriend opened the car setting off the alarm. That was a 700 dollar mistake. Once the alarm is triggered the body control module locks out the ability to add a new key. You can't flash it. The only way to avoid this was to get in the car without setting off the alarm by holding the blade to the unlock position in the door for ten seconds.

Thanks
    Don't know if this helps but I accidentally set off an abarth alarm. With the doors shut I pressed the lock button until the lights stopped flashing. Thenot unlocked the doors got in and started the car. It let me know the alarm went off. I then cut off the car then started it right up and it was back to normal. And I got into the car with a bar and wedge no key at all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast