Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Edit to my post: This morning the car felt like it was misfiring as the low pressure warning flashed on again. I'm definitely going to have to avoid driving...

I see tons of Alfas around here, but I live near wealthy East Coast enclaves. Stevios are especially popular....

For item one, check the gas cap. There is an O-ring that gets brittle with age. Generally a squirt of lithium grease or something similar will refresh...

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Transmission oil change?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoostedCottonball
    • Dec 2016

Transmission oil change?

I understand fiat says that it's a "lifetime fluid" but I truly never trust those. I see a fill plug? 9on the front of the trans facing the radiator. Right? And the drainplug should be right on the bottom correct?
  • KellyfromVA
    • Feb 2016

Sorry, I just saw your question: If you're talking about a manual trans on a 500 Sport, Pop, Abarth, etc., then yes, once you remove the cover under the car, you'll see the drain and fill plugs on the drivers side of the transmission. They're easy to reach.

I replaced the gear oil on my wife's 500 Sport at about 60,000 miles with Mobil1 80W 90 full synthetic. Maybe its me, but the transmission seemed to shift a little smoother after the change. The car is approaching 120K probably around Spring, so I'll do another change then.

Comment

• bryanintowson
      • Mar 2012

I was told the AT fluid in lifetime. I do not believe this. I will have it serviced at 100k.

Comment

• SeaDawg
        Lifetime Member
        Lifetime Member
        • May 2011

Originally posted by bryanintowson
        I was told the AT fluid in lifetime. I do not believe this. I will have it serviced at 100k.
        I've read it looks vile long before 100,000 miles. I took a look at the procedure once when at our now closed standalone dealer. You might want to make sure that your servicing dealer has the special dipstick (tool) necessary to make sure the level is correct when they refill it.
        Max
        FIAT Number 1:
        2012 Rosso Sport - 5M
        FIAT Number 2:
        2013 Grigio Abarth - 5M
        FIAT Number 3:
        2013 Bianco Perla Pop - 6A
        FIAT Number 4:
        2016 Verde Chiaro Sport (Automatic)
        Avorio Interior
        Automatic Temperature Control A/C
        UConnect Touch Screen with AM/FM/Sirius Radio

2019 Mazda CX5 Grand Touring

Comment

• Visualriptide
          • Jan 2017

I need DIY info for an Automatic Transmission service:
          AT fluid type?
          Capacity?

Is there:
          Filter?
          Drain plug?
          Dip stick?

Comment

• KellyfromVA
            • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Visualriptide
            I need DIY info for an Automatic Transmission service:
            AT fluid type?
            MOPAR AW-1
            Capacity?
            Service Fill 6.6 Quarts (6.2 Liters)
            Is there:
            Filter?
            No
            Drain plug?
            Yes
            Dip stick?
            Yes, but not in the transmission like a normal car. You remove a plug on the top of the transaxle and insert the dipstick (Mopar pn:10323), "check the transmission fluid level by inserting the tool into the transmission as shown." "The Dip Stick is calibrated for cold inspections ranging from 45-55°C (113 - 131°F) and hot inspections ranging from 80-90°C (176 - 194°F)"

"FLUID CONDITION

It is also important to check the condition of the fluid. Be sure to examine the fluid on the dipstick closely. If there is any doubt about its condition, drain out a sample for a double check. Mopar(R) AW1 when new is red in color. The fluid is dyed red so it can be identified from other fluids used in the vehicle such as engine oil or antifreeze. The red color is not permanent and is not an indicator of fluid condition. As the vehicle is driven, the ATF will begin to look darker in color and may eventually become brown. This is normal. Mopar(R) AW1 also has a unique odor that may change with age. Consequently, odor and color cannot be used to indicate the fluid condition or the need for a fluid change."
            Last edited by KellyfromVA; 01-23-2017, 06:09 AM. Reason: Somehow an ad was inserted where the diagram of the dipstick was.

Comment

• Visualriptide
              • Jan 2017

Thanks for the detailed reply

Comment

• zuesskroph
                • Jun 2016

I hate to revive an old thread, but can someone please confirm for me the bits used to get the fill and drain plug off, I’m under the impression it’s t6 and t12?
                Last edited by zuesskroph; 12-17-2019, 07:37 PM. Reason: Misspelling

Comment