Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

I might check a parts listing first, especially if a Fiat dealer isn't close by. This diagram shows the door and latch mechanism. (You might want to change...

Alfa is self destructing into incompetency. They are going all in on EV just as the market for them crashes. The Tonale is a failure. It is like $10k...

I've been eyeing the t4 from 500madness except for three issues 1- I can't find anyone anywhere that has it to review 2- they don't give enough technical...

Antifreeze - Engine Specific for 2015 Fiat 500L 1.4LTurbo-gasoline

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RichW
    • Sep 2016

Antifreeze - Engine Specific for 2015 Fiat 500L 1.4LTurbo-gasoline

Hello fellow Fiat 500L Owners. Looking for engine specific antifreeze and discovered that the Fiat Dealership does have the right stuff after all. In 2013 Chrysler-Fiat switched over to a MS-12106 OAT (organic additive technology) formula, and the Owner's Manual states emphatically that you cannot mix this with "universal antifreeze" nor with HOAT (hybrid OAT) formulas.
    I found the right formula at Amazon.com (Part No. 68104496AA), but they were temporarily out and sent me Mopar Part No. 68163848AB instead. Just came from the Fiat Dealership, and yes, Part No. 68163848AB supersedes the former Part No. 68104496AA. The color changes from pinkish-orange to purple. The Parts Manager assured me that this will be compatible for the 2015 Fiat. As you know, for 2016 Fiat changed over to the Chrysler engine and transmission. The label on the back of this gallon says: MS-12106 OAT.
    And buy it from the Fiat Dealership. I was quoted $25.70 plus sales tax, $4.05 less than Amazon. Oh, and this is the 'concentrate' and not the pre-mix 50/50, so for ~$5 more per gallon you get twice the product. Then, just mix what you need with distilled water.
    Blessings to all, and to all a very Merry Christmas! RichW
    Last edited by RichW; 12-23-2016, 04:01 AM. Reason: amplifying information and correct spelling
  • Robert Nixon

Good deal, anytime you can beat Amazon's price!
    2013 Rosso Abarth with 68K miles, Koni yellow shocks, Madness springs, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016-2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014-2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
    My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

Comment

• CoachRick
      • Aug 2015

Why the need to replace the fluid in a '15? Mileage?
      Current vehicles:
      2020 Volvo XC40 T5 Ice Silver
      2013 Volvo C70 Caspian Blue
      Previous Fiats:2017 FIAT 500L Lounge 2015 500L Lounge; 1979 Strada

Comment

• RichW
        • Sep 2016

No need to replace, just wanted to have a supply on hand to top off the coolant reservoir as necessary. This engine specific antifreeze cannot be purchased at your local NAPA or O'Reilly's Auto Parts Store. And I purchased the 'concentrate' rather than the pre-mix 50/50, so for ~$5 more per gallon, you get twice the product, then just mix a small amount with distilled water for topping off the coolant. The Fiat Tech at the Dealership told me they always top off the coolant reservoir whenever you bring your Fiat in for service. Why, I asked him? Because this particular formula has a component that evaporates. For those of us who change oil and filter, it's great to have some extra coolant on hand. RichW

Comment

• CoachRick
          • Aug 2015

Good to know...Thanks
          Current vehicles:

Comment

• RichW
            • Sep 2016

Dear CoachRick: Since my last reply, over a 3.5-month period since mid-Dec.'16, I've added a total of one quart of 50/50 coolant to the reservoir. Couldn't detect a coolant leak, but we took our '15 Fiat 500L to Lithia Fiat/Chrysler in North Spokane on March 29th. They got to it on April 4th and the Fiat Technician discovered coolant leak at the water pump and the soft-freeze plug in the engine block. He also discovered a leak at the oil cooler (at 8,760 miles). Anyway, it was all covered under factory warranty. At first, the new water pump and oil cooler arrived w/o new gaskets. Finally, all the parts and connectors arrived and our Fiat Technician completed repairs by Friday morning, April 14th. Fiat/Chrysler covered our rental vehicle for nine days. We are very grateful to our Fiat Service Advisor and Technician for taking excellent care of our beloved Pupperz. She's HOME again and running just fine. Still, I'm glad to have a supply of the correct antifreeze on hand for topping off or for emergencies. Have a most blessed Resurrection Day Celebration this weekend. RichW

Comment

• CoachRick
              • Aug 2015

Rich, thanks for the update!!!
              Current vehicles:

Comment

• Mama's Leadfoot
                • Sep 2018

How do I know which Coolant?

Hi! New to thread, new to forum, new to 500L Trekking. Just got a 2017 used from the dealer who sold it to the original owner & took it back for trade-up, 20k miles. How do I know what coolant is in it? Dealer is Chrysler-Jeep yada yada and it's an hour thru mountains to closest Fiat dealers. And I'm an old lady and not local, so I expect to get blown off when I ask them questions. (I use a small European shop for my Passat Turbos and I trust them totally. But I check up on everybody.)

Comment

• cickos
                  • Sep 2020

My 2015 500L has pretty rusty cooling liquid. I want to change it and wondering if somebody can advice how to do it.

Comment

• DeSoulo
                    Lifetime Member
                    Lifetime Member
                    • Jun 2014

I have a 2014 and this is what I used.

It is the concentrate so I just diluted it for double quantity. You have to make sure you get the correct one for your year. It's been a while since i researched but, there is a OAT and a HOAT variety and your not supposed to combine them.

Comment

• pgkq
                      • Dec 2022

Hi, Same model i have and the Amazon show incompatible. Did you know why?

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                        Amministratore
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by pgkq
                        Hi, Same model i have and the Amazon show incompatible. Did you know why?
                        Likely because Amazon doesn't keep up with supersessions.

Check it out below;

Concentrate 68163848ab: https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mo...-us-68163848ab

50/50 68163849ab: https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mo...-us-68163849ab
                        Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
                        fiat 500 forum signature
                        abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment