500 Madness

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help with Leaks

Thanks

Help with Leaks

Anyone with more knowledge than me have any input as to what's leaking here? The oil pan one seems straightforward, but the gearbox one worries me. Looks like brake fluid, but I'm not sure.

http://imgur.com/a/VQcgo

Thanks
    Thanked 2,246 Times in 1,847 Posts
    Without even looking at the image my mind jumps to rear main seal as I know it is somewhat common and it is an issue I had myself. Looking at the pic... mine looked somewhat like that but I did knowingly drive it further and somewhat hard as I was on the way to FOTD so it managed through the abuse and was a pretty big mess by the time it was addressed. (Slow leak luckily).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tweak For This Useful Post:

ice445 (11-25-2016)

Thanks
    Yeah, apparently I misinterpreted where the transaxle and engine joined together. Very likely a rear main seal. 2 months of warranty left to get it taken care of...lol

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ice445 View Post
    Yeah, apparently I misinterpreted where the transaxle and engine joined together. Very likely a rear main seal. 2 months of warranty left to get it taken care of...lol
    Great you caught it now! I took Mirabella in the month before within weeks and made sure all issues were addressed at that time.

I have an extended warranty but it isn't the same thing.

Hope things get sorted quickly. I had some paint work as well as the leak repaired and got back into the car within 3 weeks if I recall.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Gotta get mine in too: oil on the transmission housing.
    Not enough to drip on cardboard... but I do see oil soaked plastics underneath.
    Just confirmed I have 12k miles/14 months left on warranty.
    This is the first car I've had leak. That's sad. I love this car. It's like my tenth.
    2013 Rosso Abarth 5spd Bianco 17s Cooper Zeon RS3-A
    500 Madness: ride height, handling, shifting, throttle.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunkout View Post
    Gotta get mine in too: oil on the transmission housing.
    Not enough to drip on cardboard... but I do see oil soaked plastics underneath.
    Just confirmed I have 12k miles/14 months left on warranty.
    This is the first car I've had leak. That's sad. I love this car. It's like my tenth.
    Get'er fixed then drive it to the wheels fall off.

Thanks
    I'm actually not sure if it's oil. When I wiped it with my finger it was clear and didn't smell like anything. The leak on the other side was definitely oil though. Has anyone had a rear main seal leaking clutch fluid?

Thanks
    I'm actually not sure if it's oil. When I wiped it with my finger it was clear and didn't smell like anything. The leak on the other side was definitely oil though. Has anyone had a rear main seal leaking clutch fluid?
    I do know of someone that had brake fluid leak down onto their clutch which caused it to slip and then it burned it out, definitely something to check out quickly!

Thanks
    The clutch slave cylinder sits on top of the transmission right under the battery tray and is known to be a weak point. My 2012 Cabrio's slave cylinder was leaking and required replacement under warranty somewhere in the 20s. The master cylinder's reservoir level was noticeably going down over time. How's your brake fluid level?
    2013 Fiat 500T Rosso
    RRM rear sway bar, Koni front struts, El Gato front chassis braces, 500Madness GoPedal, NeuF muffler delete, EC V4.1 intake, Gofastbits DV+

2016 Fiat 500X Pop Arancio
    500Madness GoPedal, custom Abarth style exhaust (resonator/muffler delete.), Gofastbits DV+, LED interior lights.

Thanks
    RoadRace Motorsports
    Quote Originally Posted by carfreak09 View Post
    The clutch slave cylinder sits on top of the transmission right under the battery tray and is known to be a weak point. My 2012 Cabrio's slave cylinder was leaking and required replacement under warranty somewhere in the 20s. The master cylinder's reservoir level was noticeably going down over time. How's your brake fluid level?
    It was about an inch+ under the max line. I'm at 36,400 miles. I was thinking it was brake/clutch fluid but I have no experience with these cars so I wasn't sure where the clutch slave cylinder was at. It's going into the dealer on Friday with a note to point the tech in the right direction. Ty.
    Last edited by ice445; 11-30-2016 at 09:50 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast