500 Madness

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Owner: pr0d1gy9 - 2012 Sport - Azzurro

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by docmojoman View Post
    Nice buy & nice job on the wheels! I too just bought a 2012 Sport.

It will be interesting to see what you think about the differences between the Sport and the Abarth.
    thanks bud; needless to say I am REALLY missing the Abarth. My plan is to still get the 124 Abarth but I am unsure of how long it will take now that I need to find a place to live. I am hoping by 2018 I will be able to get into a 124 but for now I just need to keep this little gem running. Hope you are enjoying your Sport!

Thanks
    Congrats for your car! I have a 2012 Fiat 500 Pop Azurro (here in Brazil we call Azul Squadra = Blue Squadra) and I love this colour, but is very hard to work when you need to polish. In my car I used a Meguiar's ultimate compound. Nice work with your wheels!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DecomedRJ For This Useful Post:

pr0d1gy9 (01-13-2017)

Thanks
    4/1/2017

Well today I did my first ever oil change on a Fiat. One thing I learned is that taking the engine cover and air box off the car makes getting to the oil filter with a normal socket much easier. One other thing I learned is that oil actually sits up near the top of where the oil filter is located. I didn't know this and figured it would be a great idea to take the oil filter off the car before draining the system... I seemed to have misplaced my common sense today but it luckily turned out ok with minimal oil dripping down below. Pull the drain plug before you take the oil filter off!

I also found out that my drivers side axle boot is leaking grease so I will eventually have to replace that. I may do a HOW-TO since it is slightly differently than the Abarth axle I had previously done and it is also on the opposite side of the car, But that may not be for awhile since most axles can take a pretty good beating before they need to be replaced. Parts numbers for replacement above the last image in this post.

Handy Toothbrush, degreaser, and flathead to get all the grease off.

A bit cleaner, so we will see how long this lasts. Hopefully the axle is almost out of grease and then I can just ride it until I absolutely have to replace it.

Lastly. A better shot of the Part number if anyone else needs it. I tend to order from https://moparonlineparts.com/ because they have been reliable to me even though they are located in New York and I am in Washington. You will want to search for the bottom part number without the 'P' (68070391AC). I believe the only other thing you need is an Axle Nut(06509729AA) because the entire axle should come completely assembled with boots and clamps already.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pr0d1gy9 For This Useful Post:

WillFiat (04-03-2017)

Thanks
    I will invest in a topsider soon. Can't wait for "no plug" changes!
    2013 Rosso Abarth 5spd Bianco 17s Cooper Zeon RS3-A
    "It feels like you have no suspension! Why does it explode when you shift? IS YOUR CAR ILLEGAL??" ~ My Mom

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunkout View Post
    I will invest in a topsider soon. Can't wait for "no plug" changes!
    I've thought about a topsider but Like a few others have said around here, It really helps me keep some piece of mind when I can look under the car and make sure nothing is a miss. Also, even if you get a topsider you will still need to change the oil filter which will most likely drip down onto the rock guard/ aerodynamic plastic piece. Just some food for thought

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4