500 Madness

Thread: 500L PCM on 2 1/2 month backorder?!?

Thanks

500L PCM on 2 1/2 month backorder?!?

I am in desperate need of a sanity check.

I have a 2014 500L Trekking, and recently began experiencing a chronic Check Engine light along with the Electronic Throttle Control light flashing red. I happen to have an OBD-II reader, and code that came up was P0697 - Sensor Reference Voltage “C” Circuit/Open.

So I brought my car in for service, and they had it for 16 days before it was finally ready for me to pick up.

Except it wasn’t really ready. No sooner did I drive it off the lot than I got exactly the same warning lights and exactly the same code.

But it gets worse.

Now I’m being told that my car needs a new Powertrain Control Module—and that it is on backorder until DECEMBER 29th. My service advisor said something to the effect that the delay was due to the fact that the part is currently being redesigned, but I’m frankly having a hard time believing that.

Leaving aside the fact that my dealer had my car for more than two weeks and managed not to fix the problem, the notion that I could be without my car for almost three months in total fills me with negative feelings that I can’t express without using profanity. (Which of course I won’t do here.)

I am really having trouble wrapping my head around the idea that I need a part that doesn’t currently exist on planet Earth—that basically still needs to be designed and manufactured. The whole thing sounds absolutely ridiculous.

Has anyone else experienced or heard of such a thing, or am I in some kind of alternate-reality nightmare that I need to wake up from?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoranJ2000 View Post
    I am in desperate need of a sanity check.

I have a 2014 500L Trekking, and recently began experiencing a chronic Check Engine light along with the Electronic Throttle Control light flashing red. I happen to have an OBD-II reader, and code that came up was P0697 - Sensor Reference Voltage “C” Circuit/Open.

So I brought my car in for service, and they had it for 16 days before it was finally ready for me to pick up.

Except it wasn’t really ready. No sooner did I drive it off the lot than I got exactly the same warning lights and exactly the same code.

But it gets worse.

Now I’m being told that my car needs a new Powertrain Control Module—and that it is on backorder until DECEMBER 29th. My service advisor said something to the effect that the delay was due to the fact that the part is currently being redesigned, but I’m frankly having a hard time believing that.

Leaving aside the fact that my dealer had my car for more than two weeks and managed not to fix the problem, the notion that I could be without my car for almost three months in total fills me with negative feelings that I can’t express without using profanity. (Which of course I won’t do here.)

I am really having trouble wrapping my head around the idea that I need a part that doesn’t currently exist on planet Earth—that basically still needs to be designed and manufactured. The whole thing sounds absolutely ridiculous.

Has anyone else experienced or heard of such a thing, or am I in some kind of alternate-reality nightmare that I need to wake up from?
    hi, sorry to resurrect an old post, but I’m in almost the exact same situation...but in my case the pcm is on back order with no ETA. Did you ever get this resolved"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirdmillennium View Post
    hi, sorry to resurrect an old post, but I’m in almost the exact same situation...but in my case the pcm is on back order with no ETA. Did you ever get this resolved"
    Yes it did. The PCM ultimately came in earlier than expected (dealer wound up having my car 42 days in total), but since the repair was done, no issues. And we're coming up on two years.

Are you the same person who asked about this in the other forum last week?