Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

First off, what brands of bearings are you using? Even a couple of the name brands have been noted to fail (front and rear) on the Fiat. Are you sourcing...

Ah, I've missed you Ted. Yeah, $145 is MSRP (dealer price). Around $16 to replace each unit. That's why people don't go to the dealer until they've checked...

OK, so you guys say Turbo coils won't work on the non-turbo. We know Alfa coils work on the turbo car... but they also work on the N/A models?

Go with Alfa coil pacs, expensive but smooth acceleration without hesitation = worth the price

https://500madness.com/start-shopping/pe...

Prices are all over the place for TPMS sensors and the quality varies. I wouldn't kick yourself too hard because you got the best ones out there, so youll...

Well...Welcome back Tedolph.

I got four new sensors as preventative maintenance with a four tire purchase at Costco. Paid Feb 2021 $43.89...

Only 11 weeks away to Ottawa Viva Italia Car Concorso and Italia Car Parade June 14 to 16
This is the only place to be on Fathers Day

These are the Gold winner for the 9th Italian Car Day event

Fernado Pasquale 2017 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
Alessandro Pellerito 1971...

Fiat X1/9: The Affordable Mid-Engine Sports Car That's Still Addictively Fun Today - autoevolution
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/fiat-x1-9...

Don't miss this event held in little Italy Montreal !!!...

This will be one of the largest gatherings of Italian Cars
Clubs form Toronto , Montreal and Ottawa will be attending ;

Toronto is...

Well, after 12 years and 90k miles, I also finally got the dreaded "Tire Pressure Monitoring System Unavailable" dashboard warning during startups....

I've checked the last few tanks, and the on-board measurement is consistently higher than what I calculate at the pump by 5-8%. Obviously it is not a...

Still getting about 42.5 mpg in mixed driving in my 2012 pop.

Only use the cheapest regular gas, not 91.

Tedolph

It should, Not sure if the others spoilers, need the roof pins....

Sure it will!...

nice idea!

but you should have had the sharp joins coming out the bottom of the rest..not the top

If you take the parts out of the equation, what's left is the installation and driving over curbs, which I don't think you are doing. It sounds like...

Good-Win Racing Fiat 124

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Good-Win Racing
    • Jun 2016

Good-Win Racing Fiat 124

Picked up new project Fiat 124 today, ostensibly wife's new daily driver, already nicknamed: 'Sophia'. Welcome Sophia, fun begins today with spring swap, wheels and tires, etc. My last Fiat 124 was about three decades ago....that kid is me with the 78 Fiat 124.

Already drove the snot out of it...and then put it on the lift and started taking it apart!

Tons to learn, diving in!

Did some freeway time with top up and AGREE, for anybody wanting the most quiet version of the ND/124 chassis....they want the Fiat. Particularly with the narrower 16 inch wheel/tires the ride is noticeably more quiet and smooth compared to ND, despite fact Fiat spring rates and sway bar rates are HIGHER (already pulled and measured a lot). Body lean is less than ND in stock form, though still rolls quite a bit, just not near as much as stock ND (rear sways on ND 11mm, on Fiat 14mm).
    Brian Goodwin
    Good-Win Racing
    www.good-win-racing.com
    sigpic
  • Andree
    Chief Car Looker Upperer
    Lifetime Member
    • Dec 2012

Woo hoo! That sure didn't take long! Congratulations on the 124, and hope you both enjoy it for a long time!
    I'm a woman. W-O-M-A-N
    Love to help people look for the Fiat they want.
    That's why I call myself "Chief Car Looker Upperer"

Comment

• Rags747
      Lifetime Member
      Lifetime Member
      • May 2012

Love pictures like that

Comment

• jguerdat
        • Jul 2012

Got a question for ya. AT an autocross yesterday, it appears that the ND transmissions are being damaged in competition. Apparently, something like 5 NDs had transmission problems with 2nd gear in one weekend recently (I think at a National Tour). Since the Fiats use the NC transmissions (there was also a suggestion that the BRZ/FRS twins also use the same trans) with some sort of modifications (gear ratios? stronger components?), it would seem that the Fiat should be less likely to have issues.

Any comments?
        Jeff Guerdat

2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
        2016 Cadillac ATS-V 6 speed manual

Comment

• Good-Win Racing
          • Jun 2016

Already finding little details in the Fiat that are unique, our ND GT does not include these little soft rubber spring cushions.

Brian Goodwin
          Good-Win Racing
          www.good-win-racing.com
          sigpic

Comment

• Good-Win Racing
            • Jun 2016

Weight and distribution

Brian Goodwin
            Good-Win Racing
            www.good-win-racing.com
            sigpic

Comment

• Good-Win Racing
              • Jun 2016

Fiat transmission is based on NC unit, we have used those transmissions through 300 hp, certainly reliable past 250hp. My 2007 Supercharged NC currently makes 321 hp at the wheels, etc. Issues the ND is having with new Skyactiv transmission not relevant to Fiat version.
              Brian Goodwin
              Good-Win Racing
              www.good-win-racing.com
              sigpic

Comment

• JimmyTestarossa
                • Aug 2014

If this is the Good-Win I know about in the Miata community then we can see some really nifty things happening with this 124 and perhaps some bits that will be available as upgrades.

I see a potential new vendor appearing here soon.
                2014 Abarth, Rosso/Nero, basically stock w/a few trinkets.

Comment

• FSpydie
                  • Jun 2016

Excellent. "Sophia." I love it! Certainly much better than "Brad."

"Sophia" is an automatic, correct? It's my understanding the first shipment is all autos. What are your impressions so far with it?

Comment

• Andree
                    Chief Car Looker Upperer
                    Lifetime Member
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by JimmyTestarossa
                    If this is the Good-Win I know about in the Miata community then we can see some really nifty things happening with this 124 and perhaps some bits that will be available as upgrades.

I see a potential new vendor appearing here soon.
                    Yes, it's the same person, posted some pics and linked to driving reviews on the 124 over here recently:
                    So far, we haven't seen any actual Fiat 124 driving reviews other than the Al Volante video review. Since Fiat 124 production has begun at Hiroshima, there should be reviews appearing soon. Let's post links to those reviews in this thread so we have an easy way to find them online. I'm excited to hear actual 3rd party driving

Somewhere there was a link to folks on the Miata forum chatting about it too, and they liked the 124! That was exciting to read about and perhaps some will want to have one of each. Now that we have someone who is very familiar with the Miata, and is becoming equally familiar with the 124, we will see goodies. Oh, and the Good-Win person also said that the Fiat engineers were interested in what he can do too!!!

What I like so far is we get to follow along, seeing parts. And his commentary, telling us what is different or the same or an improvement or what could be improved. It doesn't mean a whole lot to me, as I don't have a 124, but will be a hugely popular feature for those who do get one now...or get one in the future. Reference materials rock!
                    I'm a woman. W-O-M-A-N
                    Love to help people look for the Fiat they want.
                    That's why I call myself "Chief Car Looker Upperer"

Comment

• morrisg
                      • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Good-Win Racing
                      Weight and distribution

Lovely cross weighting: 50.2% - 49.8% very balanced! And the Classica is 2417 total while Bauer's Club came in at 2309 or thereabouts, so 108 lbs difference.

Keep the new info coming, Brian! And thanks for taking the time to keep us informed!!!

Comment

• Simmonz
                        • Oct 2015

Thanks for all the information. Looking forward to seeing what you guys have up your sleeves with these cars. I'll be rocking a manual Abarth one day until then Ill just watch your progress!
                        __________________________________________________ __________________
                        2015 Fiat 500 Abarth Bianco 5 speed manual.

Comment

• Sales@Tork
                          • Feb 2014

Congrats on your purchase!
                          Didn't take long to want to mod it!
                          Sophia is a beauty !

Gina

Comment

• xtrmnop
                            • Jul 2011

Congrats on the 124. Subscribe check. Did you get the 124 at Bob Baker Calrsbad? Was heading to San Diego this past weekend and saw a couple of car transport truck full of 124. I wanted to stop by the dealership but ran out of time.
                            2016 Fiat 500X Trekking - Bronzo Magnetico
                            2015 Abarth 5spd - Traded it in for the above and miss it everyday(not during traffic)
                            2012 Fiat 500 Pop - The wife's daily driver

Comment

• Klasse Act
                              • Apr 2014

I heard the Good-win exhaust on the new Miata via WRXREVIEWS and it sounded awesome! You could hear it from inside the car and he even did a recording of the sound from outside the car, really impressive system!

As far as that picture goes, I guess its true that when you get an Italian sports car girls jump into your arms, LOL!!
                              2013 500 Abarth/Nero metallic...traded in.

Comment