Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Edit to my post: This morning the car felt like it was misfiring as the low pressure warning flashed on again. I'm definitely going to have to avoid driving...

I see tons of Alfas around here, but I live near wealthy East Coast enclaves. Stevios are especially popular....

For item one, check the gas cap. There is an O-ring that gets brittle with age. Generally a squirt of lithium grease or something similar will refresh...

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Super Stock Turbo is finally ready....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TorkMe
    • Jul 2013

Super Stock Turbo is finally ready....

After a year of testing with a cast wheel, we are ready to release our billet wheel stock turbo upgrade.

This has been a long test period because we had concerns with the power levels and the small turbine shaft, but testing after a year has yield'ed zero issues with the heavy cast wheel. So, billet wheel was designed around the purpose of high speed high volume (hifi wheel) purpose built for the Fiat 1.4 turbo engine.

I will be getting this installed on a car, tested and verified with the stock WGA, and the Forge WGA. We will have dedicated tunes designed for the turbo, that will provide you with 220 to 240 WHP (mods and fuel quality dependent).

Currently with the cast wheel we have made 218 WHP on the stock intercoolers, stock downpipe, and 2.5" intake running 19 psi of boost.

Stay tuned for more updates as we get this bad boy tested for higher boost levels and better wastegate control.

Thanks,

John

billet wheel stock fiat turbo.jpg

billet wheel stock turbo fiat.jpg
  • mattjk
    • Aug 2016

Looks awesome! What do you guys do to the exhaust side?
    2016 Abarth Nero 5spd nav beats black lights sunroof. EC Phase2.
    2016 Mercedes GLC Black.
    2014 BMW I3 Rex Terra World White.
    2009 Lotus Elise Purist White.

Comment

• Sales@Tork2
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by mattjk
      Looks awesome! What do you guys do to the exhaust side?
      From my understanding the exhaust side will have a ported option, as well as ceramic coating!
      Tyson

Comment

• reggio556abarth
        • Jun 2015

What do you plan on doing with 2014 and later abarth/turbo model's. Will you have a piggyback ecu for this turbo?

Comment

• Sales@Tork2
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by reggio556abarth
          What do you plan on doing with 2014 and later abarth/turbo model's. Will you have a piggyback ecu for this turbo?
          We will not be offering a piggyback, they just do not sit well with us, however we are still hard at work on getting the ECU worked though, the switch up in ECU's really threw us a curve ball as far as tuning is concerned. I have been doing my best to keep the forward momentum on getting those tunes released. As soon as I get word that we can tune them, I will be letting everyone know. I get around 3-4 phone calls per day about tuning Later model Fiats. The demand is there. We just need to get it finished up!
          Tyson

Comment

• doverosx
            Lifetime Member
            Lifetime Member
            • Jul 2014

I know it's been 3 years buuuuut, stuffer turbos have become common place and yet the only reliable data is actually from this thread in 2016. Any info on the super stocker like wheel sizes, bearing upgrade, billet?? I'm still 50/50 on a stuffer vs a 1752 mostly because the 1752 requires a number of extra costs and feedback around the lines being too long etc. so I'd like to get better fitting lines with the 1752....not to mention that I'd probably be looking at a clutch with the 1752. Stuffer probably wouldn't make big torque unless I pushed it harder.

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth
            Power:ATM Fender Intake, Forge BOV, ATM FMIC, Tork AutoX Tune, Tork CC Catless DP, Turbosmart WGA, Ragazzon Twin Muffler Cat Back
            Handling: H&R 5mm spacers, El Gato Front Braces, Tork Collars, DoverLabs Coilovers, CPR lower brace, DNA Rear Sway Bar
            Misc: Schrothe QuickFit Harness, OBDLink MX+, Race Tires: 205/45/16 Falken RT660, Street/Drag: 205/45/16 Conti ECS, HAWK HPS5.0
            DSP/D-class (local club classing)
            #notscare

Comment

• Saponetta
              Lifetime Member
              Lifetime Member
              • Sep 2018

Dover, biggest disadvantage I think is that a 1752 gives you a factory balanced cartridge. Its balanced to a much higher standard than a turbo shop. I've personally never had a "super stock" or "stuffed" turbo last like a factory built turbo. Personally having owned a bolt on 1752, I'd stay away from the whole factory housing with even larger turbine. Look at dyno for td04 and td04l wheels. Most of those are 5 amd 6cm housings but some as large as 15cm. Which as you probably know is a relative, not static measurement. Those cars arent giving up much response and I dont have any proof, but I promise you they are operating at happier emap readings.

Btw tork favebool has quite a few more current gt1752 dyno. Not sure if u knew that. As for super stock, ec has like 250hp amd 270hp dynos for those with stage 3 file hahahhaah

Also, if your trying to go easy on a stock clutch, the whole larger turbine section of that iveco stuff is gonna be a little easier on ckutch with a softer bottom end. But exceeding torque capacity is exceeding torque capacity. Doesnt matter where it happens.
              Last edited by Saponetta; 09-02-2019, 01:06 PM.
              2013 abarth
              Spec 2+ clutch
              Working on new divided turbo setup
              Homebrew fmic w/ corsa forza hoses
              Stock Downpipe with cat and 2.25discharge
              Coils
              Homemade cowl intake
              ECB yellows/stop tech fluid
              Koni/vogtland
              Braces and strut mounts
              Corsa forza vento
              E30 blend

2013 abarth tork tuned
              cowl intake, custom fmic and bypass valve, vogtlands, rear vette bilstiens, long 3 inch downpipe to stock rear section.

Comment

• doverosx
                Lifetime Member
                Lifetime Member
                • Jul 2014

I think I've already accepted that I'll be getting a clutch replacement, especially with all of the racing I've been doing since day one. I know that the turbo seals are dying and the oil smell as I drive is still very noticeable despite not having much gunk in my AOS. Also....thanks for the oRings they are awesome! No more slow leaks in that area. I've sent John a direct message so I suspect that he'll be finalizing details on the turbos soon or just telling everyone to go to a 1752.

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth
                Power:ATM Fender Intake, Forge BOV, ATM FMIC, Tork AutoX Tune, Tork CC Catless DP, Turbosmart WGA, Ragazzon Twin Muffler Cat Back
                Handling: H&R 5mm spacers, El Gato Front Braces, Tork Collars, DoverLabs Coilovers, CPR lower brace, DNA Rear Sway Bar
                Misc: Schrothe QuickFit Harness, OBDLink MX+, Race Tires: 205/45/16 Falken RT660, Street/Drag: 205/45/16 Conti ECS, HAWK HPS5.0
                #notscare

Comment

• Saponetta
                  Lifetime Member
                  Lifetime Member
                  • Sep 2018

Yea it sucks to have to pull the engine out. But just get it out of the way. Its not a bad job. I've gotta do it on the tork tuned car here in the next few weeks or month if I'm gonna install a turbo. What clutch you think you'll use? I've had great luck with southbends amd spec, but southbend doesnt have an abarth application unfortunately.
                  2013 abarth
                  Spec 2+ clutch
                  Coils
                  Homemade cowl intake
                  Koni/vogtland
                  Braces and strut mounts
                  Corsa forza vento
                  E30 blend

2013 abarth tork tuned
                  cowl intake, custom fmic and bypass valve, vogtlands, rear vette bilstiens, long 3 inch downpipe to stock rear section.

Comment

• doverosx
                    Lifetime Member
                    Lifetime Member
                    • Jul 2014

Probably Clutchmaster (250) and I'll use an OEM flywheel.

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth
                    #notscare

Comment

• Saponetta
                      Lifetime Member
                      Lifetime Member
                      • Sep 2018

Yea I cannot stand lightweight. I actually didn't mind the solid disk at all. I wasnt even aware that you cant buy a sprung disk for stock flywheel until it wasntime.to do one.
                      2013 abarth
                      Spec 2+ clutch
                      Coils
                      Homemade cowl intake
                      Koni/vogtland
                      Braces and strut mounts
                      Corsa forza vento
                      E30 blend

2013 abarth tork tuned

Comment