Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

I am from Europe and Love the Fiat 500e, but where to find a pre owned car to buy?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VeeDubTDI
    • Mar 2017

Congratulations on getting your cars to Prague!

What EU charging station are you attempting to use?

Originally posted by Peter
    Hello Fiat 500E fans ,

Finally last week our shipment arrived to Prague after crazy long trip from LA.In German port get stuck for one week, because custom scanned the container and was late for train transport. Passed the customs paperwork and now get ready for homologation
    Some technical advice for charging cable? So far I use original US version 110V with transformer 220/110 because EU version did not charged
    2013 Fiat 500e

Comment

• dxblightningboy
      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by VeeDubTDI
      Congratulations on getting your cars to Prague!

What EU charging station are you attempting to use?
      My Advise i use in Dubai

for puplic charging

For emergancy use only (keep in the car)

and good thing to keep in car i tested in Tesla chargers and really works in Dubai
      Type 2 to Type 1 Adapter

For home chargers Best of all is the wall pod

3phase since it could supple the power to all cables with no issues

Europe's largest dedicated supplier of electric vehicle cables, charging points and accessories.

Attached Files

Comment

• janguba
        • Feb 2017

Hi, i if anyone have a problem with registration to Eu plates, contact me, i already reg 4 cars (two is fór sale) its not that hard if you know haw to do it

Comment

• meko
          • Feb 2017

What better way to celebrate the legalization of our 500e in Portugal? :P
          Last edited by Fiat500USA; 08-14-2017, 11:01 AM. Reason: embedded video

Comment

• joki
            • Feb 2021

Originally posted by janguba
            Hi, i if anyone have a problem with registration to Eu plates, contact me, i already reg 4 cars (two is fór sale) its not that hard if you know haw to do it
            Hi,i live in Croatia and i want to buy 500 e year 2015 which is registrated in Austria.
            Do you have CoC dokument?

Can you help me with dokuments ?
            Thanks.
            Joki

Comment

• smark
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by joki
              Hi,i live in Croatia and i want to buy 500 e year 2015 which is registrated in Austria.

Thanks.
              Joki
              Really sorry, this is a North American Fiat forum. You will most likely have to check the registration guidelines, where you reside.

Good Luck!

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                Amministratore
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by joki

Thanks.
                Joki
                Welcome Joki to the forum.

You may have already seen this, but here are a couple of posts I found on the forum (from this thread) with some information. Good luck and please let us know how you make out. This will help others trying to register their car.

Originally posted by El Suizo
                Hi there,

All of us here in Europe have tried to get a grip on the European CoC for the 500e. FCA USA does not have it and my path ended briskly with a call at the Fiat world headquarter in Torino and the statement that the 500e cannot be supported in Europe and hence a CoC is not available.

What you have to do is a single vehicle admission according to the rules of your home country. So far 500es are known to be admitted successfully in the Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy and Hungary. This includes on one hand financial legalization as well as technical homolgation/adaptations and the mandatory inspection.

This step is more or less bureaucratic and I suggest you inform yourself on the admission process for a non-EU vehicle and the requirements for a technical inspection thereof. Best contacts to start with are probably the automobile club of Portugal (ACP) or the Portugese association of electrcal vehicles (APVE)

What I personally did was to seek help with a local car dealer specialized in importing US cars. Those guys know the tricks of the trade and were extremely helpful.

Best luck for your next steps

Cheers

Orlando
                Originally posted by Stefthib69
                Hi Everyone,

I'm writing from France and have been in relation with French Regulations (DREAL and UTAC) since 2 months to obtain homologation from France to homologate Fiat 500e in France. To be honest, it's not an easy matter and even if the vehicle succeed at TUV german autorithies, due to the fact the car is originally from USA, the European COC won't be valid in the other country of Europe.

Fiat France confirmed me they could provide me with a partial COC according to them, but French authorities are requesting UE norms attestation, especially on electric parts (Wires of the car, Electric Engine and Battery)

In order to successfully import in mass this car in each country, I would suggest to those who succeeded in obtaining homologation to share every US docs thay add to submit in their home country. For instance, Everyone knows that electric engine and battery is manufactured by Bosch, the car is produced in Mexico, so everyone who could have the car in possess and could take pictures about UE Norm logo would be thank greatfully.

As well, what's about the bulb in the headlight ? What about charging cord type in the car ? What is the brand of the disc breaks (sprecific regerative brakes...)

I thank every of you who would be ready to share technical specs (other that commercial tech specs available on web uncomplete) that could facilitate our life.

Hope to hear from you very soon

Cheers

Stephan
                Originally posted by El Suizo
                Hi Gábor,

Since quite some people asked me in the meantime, I add a longer description (Would not fit as text into the forum software ) as attachment here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...mpaTS1RLVB2NUE

Cheers

Orlando

Admin note: I was able to get the document to post here below

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Hi,

Here are some learnings based on my little adventure:

- SHOPPING
                ---------------

In California nearly 95% of Fiat 500e are leased. The new car price is around 32'000 US$, the state of California and some cities subsidize the purchase of E-Vehicles so that a buyer could purchase the vehicle for about 20'000 US$. Leasing rate can go down to 99 US$ per month on three years...

At the moment the 2013 model series ends its 3-year-leasing cycle and hundreds of 500e are resent to the dealerships (barely anyone is buying the car for the residual price...). Thus at the moment there is a bigger used car selection to be expected.

I bought my car in September 2016 for a dealer price of 11'495 US$. It was three years old and had 19'000 km on the odometer. I was lucky enough to have a friend living in the Bay Area who is interested in cars and scouted for a suitable candidate (test driving, mechanic check, overall status) and gave his OK.

--> If you can't go to California yourself, try to find someone who could perform those pre-purchase activities to minimize the risk of buying a lemon

- PURCHASE DECISION & TRANSPORT
                ---------------------------------------------

Once the car has been identified, I did the following homework:

- Found a US car specalized workshop here in Switzerland. I told them as much details of my 500e candidate as possible and get a provisional go from their side. They know the game of homologisation and Swiss technical rules. And they think - next to their classic stack of US muscle cars - it's funny to import a Fiat 500 to Europe

- Issued an request for quotation to several international forwarders specialized on US car import with these items:

Offer a purchase escrow service. Meaning the price is paid at the handover of the car with the US dealer through an escrow agent.

Offer the land transport US-inland to the next suitable port of call (In my case: Oakland, CA)

Offer the sea transport US to a suitable European port (in my case: Rotterdam)

Offer handling of all necessary customs, export and import paperwork (US and NL/EU)

Offer land transport Rotterdam -> Zurich (Customs free storage)

Offer customs handling, VAT taxation and respective paperwork in Switzerland

I selected SCL Rotterdam B.V. and was very pleased with the service they offered for the price

--> Note that your vehicle will be subject to VAT and customs of the entry point country in the EU. You may compare the respective rates for Germany, NL or Belgium...

--> Make sure your US dealer exempts you from the US Sales Tax. It is a no-brainer (since it is an export vehicle), but sometimes they are not used to serve international customers. Your forwarding agency may support you here

- TECHNICAL
                ---------------

The Fiat 500e is chargeable with both 110 and 230V AC. It uses a SAE-J1772 connector and can pull any single phase amperage between 6 and 32A. The J1772 plug is common in Europe on a variety of E-Vehicles and thus available from specialized shops. It's called "Type 1" charger here. I - as EE Engineer - constructed a garage wallbox from the OpenESVE/AnalogESVE project and bought a suitable travel charger online. Both work perfectly with the Fiat.

As for homologation, the European circulation service is mainly interested in exhaust and noise (yawn), secondly on passenger protection, lights and other minor details. In the end, I got approval here in Switzerland.

--> Please note that an electrical low tension certificate is required in the EU. I have no idea how this works, maybe Günther is more capable to help you on the topic.

--> Please note that the built in car radio serves only odd FM frequencies (i.e. 88.1 / 88.3 / 88.5 etc) since this is US standard. I am right now finding ways to integrate DAB+ usage.

--> As for support, Fiat can service chassis, body and driving technics. They will not touch Motor, drivetrain and battery. Those three elements are from Bosch automotive and practically from the same assembly line as the BMW i3 stuff. I checked with a specialized workshop for E-Vehicles here in he Zurich area and the could - for a price - handle issues thereof. In short: if everything fails, you are on your own.

- COST
                --------

Here is a summary of my costs:

Purchase: 11'495 US$
                Transport (as desc. above): 2'850 €
                Swiss Customs/VAT: 1'500 €
                ͊Electrical parts
                @ home/Garage: 1'100 €
                ͊Workshop cost: 1'500 €

Depending on the purchase price (which I see around 10'000 US$) you may calculate total costs from 15'000 to 19'000 €. On the pro, in some countries you benefit from different exempts for E-Vehicles.

- OTHER
                ----------

My wife was extremely pleased with her birthday present. The car is really fun to drive and perfect for city traffic, acceleration is clearly superior to combustion cars. Keep in mind that it is a vehicle for local commute only and you need a power source at home to make it work usefully.

Feel free to contact me for any other question

Cheers

Orlando
                Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
                fiat 500 forum signature
                abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                  Amministratore
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by smark
                  Really sorry, this is a North American Fiat forum. You will most likely have to check the registration guidelines, where you reside.

Good Luck!

We actually have a lot of info on the forum for folks wanting to import a 500e. We do get a large number of views from around the world. I pasted a few posts on the subject above. It is all very interesting.
                  Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
                  fiat 500 forum signature
                  abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment