Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

Collinite 845 Review/Longevity Test

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pr0d1gy9
    • Jun 2016

Collinite 845 Review/Longevity Test

Hi All,

Last month I decided to test out Collinite 845 as a dedicated wheel sealant. This thread is meant to show and comment on what I have done to test the quality and longevity of this wax. The reason I gave this product a try is because of all the rave reviews from many other car forums saying it is an excellent wheel sealant and how extremely cheap it is ($19 on Amazon). I am testing the product on my wheels because I can't stand how hard it is to get brake dust and tar off when trying to do a simple wash.

Meguiar's APC as my degreaser (4:1 ratio): https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-D101...s=meguiars+apc
    Meguiar's smooth surface clay kit: https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-Smoo.../dp/B00063X7KG
    Collinite 845: https://www.amazon.com/Collinite-Liq...=Collinite+845

My process of application:
    1. wash and degrease the wheels as necessary
    2. clay to remove microscopic contaminates
    3: dry the surface thoroughly
    4: apply Collinite 845 (EXTREMELY THIN LAYER) the bottle should last close to a lifetime for just the wheels

Before cleaning: Did anyone notice that there are two indents in the wheels that are deeper than the others? (two very dirty spokes at 10 and 11 o'clock)

After cleaning and clay

During drying phase of wax: It basically looks the same until you get really really close to it and see the wax starting to haze

After wax removed: It does actually shine a little better than before and it is much much smoother.

I wash my car at least every other week because of how much I drive (300+ miles a week for work and adventures) and the 1 wash I have done so far showed excellent signs of heat resistance and water beading. The brake dust was very easy to remove and the wheels still felt slick to the touch, so not to much contamination happened in the couple of short weeks.

My next post will be covering the 1 month review so stay tuned.

Happy Detailing
    Last edited by pr0d1gy9; 07-15-2016, 02:09 PM.
    2015 500e - Sold
    2012 Nero Abarth - Sold
    2012 Azzurro Sport
    - Sold
    2012 Rosso Abarth
    - Total Loss
  • pr0d1gy9
    • Jun 2016

Alright folks. I couldn't wait any longer to wash the car so here is my 3 & 1/2 week review. some of the pictures are bit glared so bare with me.

Before: You can see the dust and how the water droplets kind of spread out instead of bead up.

The brake dust came off extremely easy with a very light swipe of the finger.

The wash only took about 5 minutes per wheel and was very easy to do.

Close up of the finger swipe spot.

Lastly a crappy quality video of the water beading/sheeting

Overall I am pretty happy with the 1 month(ish) test and will report back in another month.
    2015 500e - Sold
    2012 Nero Abarth - Sold
    2012 Azzurro Sport
    - Sold
    2012 Rosso Abarth
    - Total Loss

Comment

• pr0d1gy9
      • Jun 2016

Had to cut the test short due to lack of beading on the wheels.

Timeline:
      6/23/2016 --> 68004 miles --> Wheels cleaned and product applied
      7/2/2016 --> 1st wash
      7/16/2016 --> 2nd wash / month update
      7/23/2016 --> 3rd wash
      7/30/2016 --> 4th wash
      8/7/2016 --> 70064 --> 5th wash / last update

As you can see in the video below. The water does not bead up very well anymore causing it to stick to the rim. This indicates that the product is no longer protecting the surface and needs to be reapplied.

FINAL THOUGHTS:
      - Roughly 2000 miles and 5 washes is actually a pretty long time for a wheel treatment product so I have to say I am happy overall with the how it turned out and I will be using it from now on.

- If you do not drive that much AND your car is garaged Collinite 845 should easily last you 4-5 months of normal driving. A lot of highway driving will cause the product to diminish faster due to hotter braking/ brake dust temps and a higher chance of particles bombarding the surface at high speeds. subsequently the product will need to be reapplied in about 2 months like I have to do.

- If you track your car you will probably need to reapply the product to the wheels after every track day due to the higher temperatures and contamination occurring.
      Last edited by pr0d1gy9; 08-07-2016, 02:19 PM.
      2015 500e - Sold
      2012 Nero Abarth - Sold
      2012 Azzurro Sport
      - Sold
      2012 Rosso Abarth
      - Total Loss

Comment