Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

I might check a parts listing first, especially if a Fiat dealer isn't close by. This diagram shows the door and latch mechanism. (You might want to change...

Alfa is self destructing into incompetency. They are going all in on EV just as the market for them crashes. The Tonale is a failure. It is like $10k...

Good-Win Racing Fiat 124

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Good-Win Racing
    • Jun 2016

WOW, found some of the extra weight!

The Fiat Battery looks like a BEAST....because it is!

Once all the bracket and bucket are added (not shown here), the weight for the Fiat battery and mounting setup is over 39 pounds! Stock ND battery with the bracket and bucket is only 26 pounds.....difference of 13 pounds! All the same electronics in the car, the Fiat doesn't need so much more battery, my guess is they didn't want an extra sku and this battery is already same as used in other models like the 500. Once we get our Light Battery Kit modified to work in the Fiat we will be saving about 36 pounds on just the battery. Given that is all weight high in the nose of the car it will make a nice difference.

For comparison, ND Battery:

And our Light Battery kit, plus battery:
    Brian Goodwin
    Good-Win Racing
    www.good-win-racing.com
    sigpic

Comment

• Good-Win Racing
      • Jun 2016

Fiat 124 with our Progress Springs and 17x8 Tungsten 6UL wheels with 235/40/17 Toyo R1R Tires. Even with just the springs upgraded this Fiat is pretty flat in the corners, credit to both the springs and the fact that Fiat gave it's version a bit more sway bar (rear 14mm instead of 11mm, etc).

Fits perfect, feels great, looks awesome!

Brian Goodwin
      Good-Win Racing
      www.good-win-racing.com
      sigpic

Comment

• Oddmanout
        • May 2016

Originally posted by Good-Win Racing
        Fiat 124 with our Progress Springs and 17x8 Tungsten 6UL wheels with 235/40/17 Toyo R1R Tires. Even with just the springs upgraded this Fiat is pretty flat in the corners, credit to both the springs and the fact that Fiat gave it's version a bit more sway bar (rear 14mm instead of 11mm, etc).

Fits perfect, feels great, looks awesome!
        Wow that looks so much better with proper wheels and ride height! This makes the base model much more compelling (imo).

Comment

• Good-Win Racing
          • Jun 2016

Originally posted by xtrmnop
          Congrats on the 124. Subscribe check. Did you get the 124 at Bob Baker Calrsbad? Was heading to San Diego this past weekend and saw a couple of car transport truck full of 124. I wanted to stop by the dealership but ran out of time.
          YES...they were one of the few dealers able to promise us a manual trans.
          Brian Goodwin
          Good-Win Racing
          www.good-win-racing.com
          sigpic

Comment

• FSpydie
            • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Good-Win Racing
            YES...they were one of the few dealers able to promise us a manual trans.
            I'm glad you posted that. So Sophia is a manual, I presume. Cool!

Comment

• MJAB
              • Jul 2015

Does Fiat 124 heavier battery because ready for a future stop&start system?

Comment

• Klasse Act
                • Apr 2014

Never fails, rims and springs do WONDERS!!!

This car is really coming together in a short amount of time, love the black accents you did around the headlight cup too, really sets it off!!!
                2013 500 Abarth/Nero metallic...traded in.

Comment

• Good-Win Racing
                  • Jun 2016

Originally posted by MJAB
                  Does Fiat 124 heavier battery because ready for a future stop&start system?
                  Nope, they just went CHEAP on the battery. Mazda uses lighter sealed AGM, costs a bit more, saves about 13 pounds. Fiat went flooded lead acid, not even maintenance free (seriously, when was the last time you saw maintenance required battery outside of a truck?).
                  Brian Goodwin
                  Good-Win Racing
                  www.good-win-racing.com
                  sigpic

Comment

• Good-Win Racing
                    • Jun 2016

Dropped over 52 pounds of weight today from our Fiat 124!

Seriously, that is HALF the amount the Fiat is heavier than the ND Miata...gone in ONE DAY.

Did it with just our front two-piece brake rotors, caliper conversion, and light weight battery kit.

Car now rides BETTER than stock thanks to big cut in unpsrung weight, and stops better thanks to four piston calipers, and handles better (front end response to all inputs and road imperfections is better). Will get to the rear brakes soon, this was enough for one day!

STOCK PARTS on scale. Stock front brake rotors, stock front calipers, and MASSIVE LEAD ACID MAINTENANCE REQUIRED BATTERY (seriously, who does not use maintenance free batteries these days?).

Replacement Light Parts. Good-Win Racing Four Piston Caliper Conversion, Good-Win Racing Ultra Light Two-Piece Brake Rotors, Good-Win Racing Light Battery Kit.

Brian Goodwin
                    Good-Win Racing
                    www.good-win-racing.com
                    sigpic

Comment

• morrisg
                      • Oct 2015

Great thread, Brian! Onward to the exhaust! I'm curious if you can get by with just a turndown pipe, as in No Muffler At All. Would be fun to hear what it sounds like. And you could still sell the mid pipe with the Helmholz resonator, I'm sure!

Comment

• Amacento
                        • Jan 2014

Great thread to kick off the reintroduction of the F124.
                        http://cc5club.blogspot.com/

https://www.pinterest.com/CC5Club/

https://www.facebook.com/CC5Club

“... there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy.” - James May

Vivere | Amare | Guidare is the name of the game. Read About The Legend Or Be About The Legend. - ARJR

Comment

• MJAB
                          • Jul 2015

Unusual battery, even the Fiat Panda, that costs less than half the price uses maintenance free batteries.
                          Usually the use in last models, at least in Europe, were more of the models use start&stop technology, enhanced flooded batteries sourced by Exide.

Is the roof of Fiat 124 heavier than Mazda MX-5 or is it the same?

Comment

• randY49
                            • Apr 2016

Originally posted by MJAB
                            Unusual battery, even the Fiat Panda, that costs less than half the price uses maintenance free batteries.
                            Usually the use in last models, at least in Europe, were more of the models use start&stop technology, enhanced flooded batteries sourced by Exide.

Is the roof of Fiat 124 heavier than Mazda MX-5 or is it the same?
                            I believe there were reports of more sound insulation in the 124's roof, so I'm guessing a bit heavier, but probably not by much.
                            2016 Fiat 500X Lounge - Rosso Passione (Red Hypnotique)

Comment

• Good-Win Racing
                              • Jun 2016

Interesting comparison two stock exhausts for 124, the quad tip is Abarth version and very loud, the single tip version otherwise looks similar but is so quiet we cannot hear it. Tried the car without muffler and result is not good, like old military 4 cylinder diesel drone, even the Abarth gives a bit too much of that drone, I know we can do better.

The dual tip standard exhaust is where they saved a lot of money, didn't even bother with fake tips or polishing the pipe. Yes, will be looking at doing better here.

Finding lots of little differences between ND and Fiat versions, like this silicon high temp hanger for the midpipe:

Last edited by Good-Win Racing; 07-14-2016, 12:13 PM.
                              Brian Goodwin
                              Good-Win Racing
                              www.good-win-racing.com
                              sigpic

Comment

• xtrmnop
                                • Jul 2011

Damn that is a decent amount of weight savings. Reading these post makes me give that itch of trading my Abarth.
                                2016 Fiat 500X Trekking - Bronzo Magnetico
                                2015 Abarth 5spd - Traded it in for the above and miss it everyday(not during traffic)
                                2012 Fiat 500 Pop - The wife's daily driver

Comment