500 Madness

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 500x add lift kit

Thanks

500x add lift kit

Hello. I love the 500x and plan to buy one for my wife. Would like the AWD in Alpine White with no sunroof, don't need nav or backup camera but would like to have the larger wheels.

Question: I'd like to get a lift kit like the one below. Would that void the warranty?
    Here's one: http://abbotsford.craigslist.ca/ctd/...?lang=fr&cc=ca

Also, there are used 500x for sale on carfax.com and you can view the carfax history there. Most have about 6000 miles and were rentals. $5,000 under MSRP about. Is that a good buy or should I order new? I've never had a new car my entire life and I'm 48! Usually buy used but this time thinking new.

Thanks for any advice.

Welcome to the forum. The manufacturer generally doesn't void the whole warranty, they'll just void the system that was modified. However, if there are major modifications, that may mean multiple systems and I could see something like a lift kit effecting many different parts and systems on the car. In my opinion, you would probably lose a good deal of your warranty and maybe even the whole thing. Just off the top without thinking too hard, the suspension, driveline, steering, brakes and stability controls could or would be effected with a mod like that. The manufacturer isn't going to pay a technician to figure out what went wrong with a car that has been that dramatically re-engineered by someone else.

As far as the pricing, rental cars can lead a very hard life, so $5,000 off doesn't sound like that much, especially when rebates on new cars can easily be around $2,000.

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiat500USA For This Useful Post:

pkgmsu2000 (06-30-2016)

Thanks
    There are now lift kits made for the Jeep Renegade which shares the same assembly line and platform as the 500X. I reckon you could easily slap it on there as it's just space pucks and a few other goodies. I actually already asked the maker of one of the kits and they said they didn't recommend it as it had not been tested by them. I suggested that they should.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabai View Post
    Hello. I love the 500x and plan to buy one for my wife. Would like the AWD in Alpine White with no sunroof, don't need nav or backup camera but would like to have the larger wheels.

Question: I'd like to get a lift kit like the one below. Would that void the warranty?
    Here's one: http://abbotsford.craigslist.ca/ctd/...?lang=fr&cc=ca

Also, there are used 500x for sale on carfax.com and you can view the carfax history there. Most have about 6000 miles and were rentals. $5,000 under MSRP about. Is that a good buy or should I order new? I've never had a new car my entire life and I'm 48! Usually buy used but this time thinking new.

Thanks for any advice.
    OP, do you live at elevation by chance? or do you plan do a lot of mountain driving with your new X with AWD? Just curious because i live in Denver at 5,280 feet. i test drove a 2.4 AWD X and it was starving for air in the city, then took it up to about 8500 feet on some switchbacks and it was a big struggle for a 4-cylinder N/A engine. i took the 1.4T (forced induction) FWD on a similar route at elevation and it did much better.

food for thought if you plan to lift the X because you plan to have some fun off-road or at elevation... you might have to also consider a tuner depending on your driving plans :-)
    DOB: FIAT 500X 1.4T 6MT on 5/29/16 with 13 miles
    RIP: 4904 miles hauled away by insurance company hail damage on 6/22/17 :-(

FOR SALE ON THE FORUM:
    - Deyeme Racing FLEX rear trans mount @ never installed
    - OEM backup camera rear hatch handle

Thanks
    UPDATE!

Daystars 1.2 Series 2 inch lift kit, fits the 500x AWD and FWD,

whats cool is that the lift kit is FMVSS 126 Compliant, which means that the factory ride and stability is maintained, daystar spent over 15K on over 4 different FMVSS test assure the kit was commercially feasible and would be safe.

I might go crazy and lift my X lol like this one
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fiatkingx For This Useful Post:

Amacento (12-01-2016), Xtreme500 (11-14-2016)

Thanks
    Nice, I was waiting for a comfirmation that the renegade kit will fit. Will be ordering mine soo but first Im getting some all terrain tires

Thanks
    So if the renegade lift kit works on the X then the lowering springs should too, right?
    2016 FIAT 500X Plus - Magnaflow #19279 Exhaust (save your money not worth it) - 18" Matte Black Forgestar F14's - AEM Intake (save your money not worth it) - Madness Lowering Springs (awesome...love them)

Thanks
    I think there are lowering springs available for us

Thanks
    Fantastic!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bryanintowson For This Useful Post:

Fiatkingx (11-17-2016)

Thanks
    Dang o dang the 500x looks awesome! I love that basket too!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Xtreme500 For This Useful Post:

Fiatkingx (11-17-2016)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast