Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

500x add lift kit

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sabai
    • Jun 2016

500x add lift kit

Hello. I love the 500x and plan to buy one for my wife. Would like the AWD in Alpine White with no sunroof, don't need nav or backup camera but would like to have the larger wheels.

Question: I'd like to get a lift kit like the one below. Would that void the warranty?
    Here's one: http://abbotsford.craigslist.ca/ctd/...?lang=fr&cc=ca

Also, there are used 500x for sale on carfax.com and you can view the carfax history there. Most have about 6000 miles and were rentals. $5,000 under MSRP about. Is that a good buy or should I order new? I've never had a new car my entire life and I'm 48! Usually buy used but this time thinking new.

Thanks for any advice.
  • Fiat500USA
    Amministratore
    • Feb 2011

Welcome to the forum. The manufacturer generally doesn't void the whole warranty, they'll just void the system that was modified. However, if there are major modifications, that may mean multiple systems and I could see something like a lift kit effecting many different parts and systems on the car. In my opinion, you would probably lose a good deal of your warranty and maybe even the whole thing. Just off the top without thinking too hard, the suspension, driveline, steering, brakes and stability controls could or would be effected with a mod like that. The manufacturer isn't going to pay a technician to figure out what went wrong with a car that has been that dramatically re-engineered by someone else.

As far as the pricing, rental cars can lead a very hard life, so $5,000 off doesn't sound like that much, especially when rebates on new cars can easily be around $2,000.
    Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
    fiat 500 forum signature
    abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• bryanintowson
      • Mar 2012

There are now lift kits made for the Jeep Renegade which shares the same assembly line and platform as the 500X. I reckon you could easily slap it on there as it's just space pucks and a few other goodies. I actually already asked the maker of one of the kits and they said they didn't recommend it as it had not been tested by them. I suggested that they should.

Comment

• pkgmsu2000
        • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Sabai
        Hello. I love the 500x and plan to buy one for my wife. Would like the AWD in Alpine White with no sunroof, don't need nav or backup camera but would like to have the larger wheels.

Question: I'd like to get a lift kit like the one below. Would that void the warranty?
        Here's one: http://abbotsford.craigslist.ca/ctd/...?lang=fr&cc=ca

Also, there are used 500x for sale on carfax.com and you can view the carfax history there. Most have about 6000 miles and were rentals. $5,000 under MSRP about. Is that a good buy or should I order new? I've never had a new car my entire life and I'm 48! Usually buy used but this time thinking new.

Thanks for any advice.
        OP, do you live at elevation by chance? or do you plan do a lot of mountain driving with your new X with AWD? Just curious because i live in Denver at 5,280 feet. i test drove a 2.4 AWD X and it was starving for air in the city, then took it up to about 8500 feet on some switchbacks and it was a big struggle for a 4-cylinder N/A engine. i took the 1.4T (forced induction) FWD on a similar route at elevation and it did much better.

food for thought if you plan to lift the X because you plan to have some fun off-road or at elevation... you might have to also consider a tuner depending on your driving plans :-)
        DOB: FIAT 500X 1.4T 6MT on 5/29/16 with 13 miles
        RIP: 4904 miles hauled away by insurance company hail damage on 6/22/17 :-(

FOR SALE ON THE FORUM:
        - Deyeme Racing FLEX rear trans mount @ never installed
        - OEM backup camera rear hatch handle

Comment

• Fiatkingx
          • Apr 2016

UPDATE!

Daystars 1.2 Series 2 inch lift kit, fits the 500x AWD and FWD,

whats cool is that the lift kit is FMVSS 126 Compliant, which means that the factory ride and stability is maintained, daystar spent over 15K on over 4 different FMVSS test assure the kit was commercially feasible and would be safe.

I might go crazy and lift my X lol like this one
          Attached Files

Comment

• Jimmyac28
            • Jul 2013

Nice, I was waiting for a comfirmation that the renegade kit will fit. Will be ordering mine soo but first Im getting some all terrain tires

Comment

• Haring
              Lifetime Member
              • Feb 2012

So if the renegade lift kit works on the X then the lowering springs should too, right?
              2018 Luminoso Orange 500c Lounge - H&R/Koni - Abarth Interior, 17" Wheels & Exhaust

Comment

• Jimmyac28
                • Jul 2013

I think there are lowering springs available for us

Comment

• bryanintowson
                  • Mar 2012

Fantastic!!!

Comment

• Xtreme500
                    • Nov 2015

Dang o dang the 500x looks awesome! I love that basket too!

Comment

• Jimmyac28
                      • Jul 2013

I contacted Daystar and this was their response:

While the Renegade and the 500 are related they are not the same. The Renegade kit will not fit on the 500. We don't have anything available for the 500 but I will add it to the list of requested items.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us any time.

Thanks,

Wayne Cunningham
                      Sales/Tech Support
                      841 South 71st Ave.
                      Phoenix, AZ 85043
                      [email protected]
                      623.907.0081 Ext. 459 Voice DID 623.215.0459

Comment

• Fiatkingx
                        • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Jimmyac28
                        I contacted Daystar and this was their response:

While the Renegade and the 500 are related they are not the same. The Renegade kit will not fit on the 500. We don't have anything available for the 500 but I will add it to the list of requested items.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us any time.

Thanks,

Wayne Cunningham
                        Sales/Tech Support
                        841 South 71st Ave.
                        Phoenix, AZ 85043
                        [email protected]
                        623.907.0081 Ext. 459 Voice DID 623.215.0459

Thank you so much Mr. Cunningham!

Could you further clarify how this was done? Do you have any information regarding this?
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Jimmyac28
                          • Jul 2013

That is the only 500x that I've seen lifted but there is no info of what kit was used to do it. Do you know for sure this is the daystar kit?

Comment

• Jimmyac28
                            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Fiatkingx
                            Thank you so much Mr. Cunningham!

Could you further clarify how this was done? Do you have any information regarding this?

I just contacted the dealership in Canada that has this car for sale and they confirmed its a Daystar jeep renegade lift kit. This is what they emailed me back:

"My name is Simon and I work in the internet dept. for Langley Fiat. Thanks for your inquiry on our lifted 2016 Fiat 500X it's an excellent choice and has some great additions including a bushbar, led lightbar, and a 2" Daystar Renegade lift."

Now I know what I'm getting myself for Christmas this year. Lift kit and some all terrain tires!

Comment

• Haring
                              Lifetime Member
                              • Feb 2012

Daystar might just be covering their butts since they haven't put in the time to test it themselves on a 500x. My AEM Renegade intake says it doesn't work on a 500x but it can be made to work.
                              2018 Luminoso Orange 500c Lounge - H&R/Koni - Abarth Interior, 17" Wheels & Exhaust

Comment