Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

I might check a parts listing first, especially if a Fiat dealer isn't close by. This diagram shows the door and latch mechanism. (You might want to change...

Alfa is self destructing into incompetency. They are going all in on EV just as the market for them crashes. The Tonale is a failure. It is like $10k...

I've been eyeing the t4 from 500madness except for three issues 1- I can't find anyone anywhere that has it to review 2- they don't give enough technical...

FiatCares, CommunityCares

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amacento
    • Jan 2014

FiatCares, CommunityCares

I've read many threads with complaints/issues that likely need the [special] attention of FiatCares. In some cases, people (maybe) can get by with a phone number or weblink to FIAT Corporate. In other cases, people could get all the info they need from the passionate FIAT community. A central a/k/a easy place FiatCares & the community could go to read what's going on ought to be a "sticky". I don't see one in this section... and expect this would be the place I should see one. Do you agree?

I'm not one to raise an issue without offering possible solutions. So, here are some tips to get this started...

FIAT Corporate HQ info:
    Source - http://corporateofficehq.com/fiat-corporate-office/

Executives
    CEO: Sergio Marchionne
    CFO: Richard Palmer
    COO: Stefan Ketter

Current head of Fiat USA
    Tim Kuniskis (also the head of Chrysler-Dodge)

Fiat USA
    1000 Chrysler Dr
    Auburn Hills, MI 48326

Contact Fiat
    Phone Number: (248) 576-5741
    Fax Number: (248) 512-1762

Email Fiat USA

Recall Info
    Search vehicle recall information by VIN or sign in to your Mopar® account to see recall information related to your Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, or Ram vehicle

Worldwide HQ
    Via Nizza, 250
    Torino, 10126 Italy

FIAT online community help
    (USA) FiatCares - http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/membe...1368-FiatCares

FIAT dealers in Wisconsin
    Bergstrom Chrysler, Dodge, FIAT, Jeep, Ram of Fox Valley (Kaukauna)
    Palmen FIAT (Kenosha-Racine)
    FIAT of Madison
    *No Milwaukee Metro Area dealer as of 1st June 2016

CDJR dealers in Milwaukee Metro Area
    Griffin's Hub CDJR
    Russ Darrow CDJR
    Wilde CDJR
    Ewald CDJR (Oconomowoc)

I've contacted FIAT Corporate about facilitating a local dealer of pre-owned high end cars taking over the open FIAT Milwaukee (MKE) license. Milwaukee is the largest city and the largest Metro Area in our state, but the first two dealers allowed their licenses to lapse (One moved their operations to the corporate location... propping FIAT with other FCA brands. The other is counting on their existing Maserati license to help them get Alfa Romeo... they don't think they need FIAT anymore.) I've also sent a PM to FiatCares on the subject of warranty work. Regular services can be done at our local CDJR dealers... that's easy.

Anyway, I trust this thread will help a few people. Thanks (in advance) for your participation.

Live. Love. Drive.
    http://cc5club.blogspot.com/

https://www.pinterest.com/CC5Club/

https://www.facebook.com/CC5Club

“... there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy.” - James May

Vivere | Amare | Guidare is the name of the game. Read About The Legend Or Be About The Legend. - ARJR
  • Robert Nixon

Amacento,

thanks for posting this, I made it a sticky thread.

I think we all care about FIAT and want them to be successful in the US and Canada, and that's why we're here--to share the passion of Italian designed cars, and to work together.

We are all adults and know that any mass produced product will have some issues, and this forum is one place to work together to vent or seek solutions.

We all know people (or have experienced) that one clunker car in life and reacted with "I'll never buy a _____ brand again." As a 57 year old myself, I know that this is normal, so it doesn't surprise me when people say it about FIAT, because I also know I've said it myself about other brands.

This forum tries to be positive and honest, we're not avoiding conflict or issues with FIAT. Just one example of that is the monthly threads on FIAT sales. The more discussion and disagreement the better, we may not change anyone's mind, so I think the challenge on the internet is to be respectful and listen to all sides of a discussion.

My personal issue with my Abarth has only been the dead battery at 3.5 years, and it got replaced under warranty, so I have no complaint with my FIAT dealer where I live. I understand every dealer is different, and feel the frustration of dealing with hard to diagnose car issues too.

Thanks again, and thanks to everyone that participates in this forum!
    2013 Rosso Abarth with 68K miles, Koni yellow shocks, Madness springs, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016-2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014-2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
    My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

Comment

• Amacento
      • Jan 2014

Thank you, sir.

One of the biggest issues facing FIAT USA these days is the number of stand alone studios that car afford to hold onto the brand and the post-purchase experience a/k/a "Where to service our FIATs". I posted this message in another thread and I think it's a good idea to repost it here.

The theme of this post is an "elephant in the room" conversation for most enthusiasts. We want to see FIAT success in North America, but we also want FIAT to be seen as 100% Italian. The same enthusiasts are bothered when someone foolishly assumes Chrysler bought FIAT and not the other way around.

FCA ABSOLUTELY MUST create an environment of market education. They can do it in an entertaining way... I believe KRS-One calls that Edutainment... but they must take educating the public to task. The webisodes aren't enough. FIAT USA should create a miniature [FIAT & ABARTH] version of their stand alone studio setup for existing larger CDJR showrooms. It would be a large ornate kiosk on the showroom floor loaded with all the webisodes and clips created by FIAT S.p.A. and FCA. Visiting consumers would, of course, ask whether the studio now sells FIAT & ABARTH. That would be the time dealers join in on the educating process. Relearn... and get serious about it. There are already Penstars logos all over the nooks'n'crannies of NA FIATs and ABARTHs. Larger CDJR dealers are making enough money to easily afford that setup and they need to give back to the marque that saved their asse(t)s. That leaves smaller kiosks for the smaller CDJR dealers. Again... this is a must situation (for FIAT USA and these CDJR dealers). The stand alone stage has been evolving into a small studio on the same grounds as CDJR showrooms for those dealers and that's what Tim Kuniskis' "new fix-it" plan most focused on. But it's more incentive based. CDJR dealers are locked into the system and an incentive deal isn't going to force them do anything. FCA must mandate FIAT support from those outfits. Sergio Marchionne had zero issue doing this within the origanization the Agnellis trust him to run. There should be zero issue extending that attitude to dealers. The CDJR techs are aware this should happen... I've heard it firsthand from a MoPar tech.

Forza FIAT!

“... there is only one way to drive a small FIAT, and that is without mercy.” - James May

Vivere | Amare | Guidare is the name of the game. Read About The Legend Or Be About The Legend. - ARJR

Comment

• Amacento
        • Jan 2014

Well... I received from word from FCA Corporate. It's nothing that'll rock your world, but it appears there may be some light at the end of the tunnel. The key thing I read is they are actively certifying Chrysler dealers to service/maintain FIATs. That MUST happen and happen FAST.

Thank you for contacting the FIAT Information Center.

We do apologize for the recent closures of any of your local FIAT Studios and for any related inconveniences. We are actively working with Chrysler dealerships across the country to certify technicians to service and maintain FIAT vehicles. While we do not have an specific update for any dealerships in your area, we have certified multiple Chrysler dealers in the United States and are working on certifying others.

Thank you again for your email. Should you require additional assistance, or have any new information to provide, please reply to this email message or call 1-888-CIAO-FIAT (1-888-242-6342).

Sincerely,

Jake
        Customer Service Representative
        FIAT Information Center

Comment

• Trunkout
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Amacento
          Well... I received from word from FCA Corporate. It's nothing that'll rock your world, but it appears there may be some light at the end of the tunnel. The key thing I read is they are actively certifying Chrysler dealers to service/maintain FIATs. That MUST happen and happen FAST.

Thank you for contacting the FIAT Information Center.

We do apologize for the recent closures of any of your local FIAT Studios and for any related inconveniences. We are actively working with Chrysler dealerships across the country to certify technicians to service and maintain FIAT vehicles. While we do not have an specific update for any dealerships in your area, we have certified multiple Chrysler dealers in the United States and are working on certifying others.

Thank you again for your email. Should you require additional assistance, or have any new information to provide, please reply to this email message or call 1-888-CIAO-FIAT (1-888-242-6342).

Sincerely,

Jake
          Customer Service Representative
          FIAT Information Center
          Promising! That's one of the MAIN reasons I can't recommend Fiat, hopefully that happens.
          Fiat needs dealers, many, that actually care about customers!
          2013 Rosso Abarth 5spd Bianco 17s
          SOLD August 2018 BUT got company car

Comment

• Amacento
            • Jan 2014

Yeah, but those dealers are semi-independent businesses. You can't un-teach "I don't give a $#!+". You can't teach caring. USAmerican auto companies were able to get really comfortable for a long time. It's gonna take some serious time to weed those who still adhere to the dogma of old. That's why it's encouraging to read FIAT USA is at least certifying Chrysler techs. That means they're taking onus for what they can exact. After time CDJR dealers will eventually see they may as well take on the sales side too. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

• Rocco Reviews...
              Lifetime Member
              • May 2020

There WERE 3 dealers within a 25 mi radius from me, one of them was FIAT of South Bay that my mom went to to test drive one in 2013, now its closed. The one at Motor Village LA is closed. Only Champion FIAT is open (in our acceptable driving range), how disappointing. I'm in California where FIAT sold the most cars in North America.
              Cars:
              2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE
              2014 FIAT 500 Pop Automatic
              Mods: Stock... painfully, stock.

Comment

• tvmaster
                • Oct 2018

RIP, Sergio Marchionne, and thanks for briefly bringing that stylish, funky style back to the auto world one last time. I’m worried that with your demise, so did FIAT’s ability to move forward in North America. Fingers crossed....
                2017 500 Abarth, manual trans, NAV, Beats, Sunroof, 17" wheels, everything. But no mods. None, nada.

Comment

• smark
                  • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Rocco Reviews...
                  There WERE 3 dealers within a 25 mi radius from me, one of them was FIAT of South Bay that my mom went to to test drive one in 2013, now its closed. The one at Motor Village LA is closed. Only Champion FIAT is open (in our acceptable driving range), how disappointing. I'm in California where FIAT sold the most cars in North America.
                  9 years ago, we had 2 studios. The one I bought my car at. Was 2 blocks away. A large FCA dealership.

We have one left. With discontinuing the sale of the small 500. Not a new model on the horizon. Not sure how much longer it will be around.
                  Last edited by smark; 05-29-2020, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• tvmaster
                    • Oct 2018

Yeah, it sucks. I have no doubt Sergio would have at least delivered a few different things if he were not dead. I see lots of 500’s in SoCal, just not many Abarth’s. Go figure. That really seems to be FCA’s failure fact: why couldn’t they impress the same people who think Mini’s are sporty and fun, that Abarth’s were as well. And at $10k less, a much better deal. If you made a list of super-fun, performance oriented cars between $20k - $30k, it’s a short list.
                    Last edited by tvmaster; 05-29-2020, 05:01 PM.
                    2017 500 Abarth, manual trans, NAV, Beats, Sunroof, 17" wheels, everything. But no mods. None, nada.

Comment

• HalfPint
                      • Nov 2019

Originally posted by tvmaster
                      Yeah, it sucks. I have no doubt Sergio would have at least delivered a few different things if he were not dead. I see lots of 500’s in SoCal, just not many Abarth’s. Go figure. That really seems to be FCA’s failure fact: why couldn’t they impress the same people who think Mini’s are sporty and fun, that Abarth’s were as well. And at $10k less, a much better deal. If you made a list of super-fun, performance oriented cars between $20k - $30k, it’s a short list.
                      Perhaps you haven't noticed that Minis are not mini anymore? Apparently once the initial charm wore off they couldn't sell small cars either.
                      Completely stock 2016 500 Abarth, Rhino & Nero,
                      2017 Jeep Renegade 1.4 Turbo, Anvil & Black
                      2016 Ford Fiesta ST

Comment

• tvmaster
                        • Oct 2018

Where are you, PA.? Still some shorties on the road out here. Even convertibles

Comment

• HalfPint
                          • Nov 2019

Originally posted by tvmaster
                          Where are you, PA.? Still some shorties on the road out here. Even convertibles
                          I was talking about what they sell. The smallest thing they make is 3000lb, about the same as my truck. The rest are big cars. Americans don’t buy small cars, Fiat’s failure was in thinking Mini’s initial success was more than a short term exception based on style and fuel prices.
                          Completely stock 2016 500 Abarth, Rhino & Nero,
                          2017 Jeep Renegade 1.4 Turbo, Anvil & Black
                          2016 Ford Fiesta ST

Comment

• tvmaster
                            • Oct 2018

Got it. Yeah, we pulled up next to one in our KIA Niro - same size

Comment