Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

A thing of beauty is a joy forever...
inside exhaust pipes need cleaning.
The outside are waxed, I'm reluctant to clean the inside with anything...

Below are the manufacturer's oil consumption guidelines we've published in previous posts. Depending on how you drive, and the maintenance done on the...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $30.00 on this Silver MegaWeight Shift Knob for your FIAT 500.

Improve your driving experience...

Edit to my post: This morning the car felt like it was misfiring as the low pressure warning flashed on again. I'm definitely going to have to avoid driving...

I see tons of Alfas around here, but I live near wealthy East Coast enclaves. Stevios are especially popular....

For item one, check the gas cap. There is an O-ring that gets brittle with age. Generally a squirt of lithium grease or something similar will refresh...

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

Wax recommendation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klasse Act
    • Apr 2014

I should also let people know that the key to a quality shine is in the decon and polishing process, the "wax" just keeps it protected. I coated my car this past Memorial Day weekend and haven't looked back. Its on the pricey side but the look is incredible because of the clarity it provides after the prep process is completed.
    2013 500 Abarth/Nero metallic...traded in.

Comment

• Suitecruising
      • Apr 2017

I've used NuFinish on my last 8 cars and love it. Easy on and off. Looks great and lasts

Comment

• Trunkout
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Suitecruising
        I've used NuFinish on my last 8 cars and love it. Easy on and off. Looks great and lasts
        I second that! NuFinish is great stuff!
        2013 Rosso Abarth 5spd Bianco 17s
        SOLD August 2018 BUT got company car

Comment

• Southernroadrunner
          Lifetime Member
          • Dec 2015

Reopen an old thread. Do you guys use any of the stuff that I see advertised on Facebook. Produx etc. that's like $30 for 16oz. Spray on and wipe off sealant stuff. Seems awfully high priced and there's a ton of it of different brands being thrown up there.It seems on here that Zaino products get the most votes but is that so much better than the stuff like Meguires spray on wax and such you can just buy at walmart
          !!!!! Gulia Hunt Begins !!!!
          !!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

Comment

• pizzamann95
            • Oct 2015

I'm still using chemical guys (CG). It really is a process for me to detail my car.
            Wash - Clean slate. This removes all residual wax, glaze and sealant.
            Clay Bar - Mother's Clay Bar with CG Clay Luber
            Polish - Step 1: Torq 10x DA Polisher, Orange Hexlogic pad (about 3 for our cars), and CG V36 Optical Grade Cutting Polish
            Step 2: White Hexlogic pad, CG V38 Optical Grade Final Polish
            Glaze - CG Black Light
            Sealant - CG Top Coat
            Wax - CG Black Wax or CG XXX Wax
            Spray Sealant - CG Hybrid V7 Optical Grade Spray Sealant

I usually do this process every six months. After this, a maintenance wash for me would include CG V7 Car Shampoo, CG Butter Wet Wax, and V7 Sealant.
            2019 Subaru Crosstrek :burnout:

instagram: pizzamann95 :distant:
            psn: pizzamann95 :uzi:gun2

Comment

• sonicsdaman
              • May 2016

Originally posted by Southernroadrunner
              Reopen an old thread. Do you guys use any of the stuff that I see advertised on Facebook. Produx etc. that's like $30 for 16oz. Spray on and wipe off sealant stuff. Seems awfully high priced and there's a ton of it of different brands being thrown up there.It seems on here that Zaino products get the most votes but is that so much better than the stuff like Meguires spray on wax and such you can just buy at walmart

that facespace stuff is probably snake oil.
              as for the meguires vs zaino topic, yes it is better I know cause I used to only use meguires till someone introduced me to zaino wax now I'll never go back. imo the only thing better than zaino or any other good name brad wax would be ceramic coating
              2004 - Mazda Rx8 (Dorito powa)
              2012 - Fiat Abarth

Comment

• 500ways
                Carpe Diem
                Lifetime Member
                • Nov 2011

Originally posted by JimmyTestarossa
                I could go on and on about this topic since I have dabbled in everything over the last 30 years but honestly, clean the car well and use a quality product for the shine. (There are MANY quality products out there)

Waxes, polishes, glazes and their ilk are like oil - everyone has something they think is the bees knees and they will shout about it ad nauseum. I used to have a great system for cleaning my cars BC (before child), now I am just grateful if I can wash the thing on occasion and keep brake dust off the wheels.

FWIW - I used some German stuff, Klasse, and it has held up fairly well. I would say it is good DD stuff but if I was looking to impress it would be much more involved.
                Everything he said above! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                When I grow up, I want to be a Ferrari!

Comment