Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

Upgrading Beats Audio

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • definitelyian
    • May 2016

Originally posted by Fiat500USA
    Anyone who doesn't like the sound of the Beats make sure you go to the dealer and get the Amplifier update. This does, among other things, moves the sound positioning from the center of the car to the front seat for a more enjoyable experience.

Tech bulletin: 08-036-16 Dated: March 30, 2016 FIAT 500X Amplifier Audio Enhancement

There is also a major update that does numerous modules, including the engine, trans and body control modules.

Tech bulletin: 08-010-16 REV. A Dated: February 23, 2016 FIAT 500X Diagnostic And System Improvements
    Is there an easy way to see if the software on my amp has been updated? Just bought a 500x with upgraded audio two weeks ago and I know it had been sitting on the showroom floor for months. I had to upgrade the Uconnect software myself. I have a feeling they didn't update anything else before handing over the car.

Comment

• Bluex
      • May 2016

I don't know how to know if it is upgraded but mine was not starting to sound loud until the 35 level. I now sounds loud starting at 25. When it doubt go back and ask for them to do the vehicle updates including the radio amp. n It does not cost anything is fairly fast and covered under the warranty. I had mine for over a month before I asked for the latest transmission update and they updated five modules including the amp. WOW what a difference the upgrade makes!!!

Comment

• djgreg
        • Oct 2016

Why dont you share a pic from your uconnect system firmare numbers to see if we have the same?

Comment

• Bluex
          • May 2016

It has nothing to do with the uconnect firmware, it is an update that is flashed at the dealership. Here is the bulletin Tech bulletin: 08-036-16 Dated: March 30, 2016 FIAT 500X Amplifier Audio Enhancement

Go to the dealership and complain about the poor quality of the beats audio and ask for them to reflash the amp and reference the tech bulletin.

This fixed mine. Still not as loud as it should be in my opinion but MUCH better than before.

Comment

• Anson500x
            • Nov 2016

Are you saying that thing wrapped in plastic is the subwoofer? I sure hope it is not. LOL

Comment

• Kozmo
              • Mar 2018

Woah ... there's still room for the tire over the Beats sub? I'll have to try that in the morning

Comment

• PacificaPelican
                • May 2019

What is the weakness in this audio system? Are the Beats just not very good speakers or is the head unit not powerful enough? Something needs to change as my sound system sounds pretty bad but not sure which component to upgrade first

Comment

• tvmaster
                  • Oct 2018

Not sure about the amps strength, but the cabin is noisy enough to ruin many systems. Sitting still in the garage, it doesn’t sound awful, but it lacks bottom end, crisp highs and a full, warm midrange. I’d love to hear from someone who just changed out the door speakers...
                  2017 500 Abarth, manual trans, NAV, Beats, Sunroof, 17" wheels, everything. But no mods. None, nada.

Comment

• teej626
                    • Jul 2013

I know this is an older thread, but I'll add my experience. I have a 2018 Urbana with the Beats system and I was never impressed. The bass was almost non existent and the audio quality was just so-so. My stock sound system in my 2017 Jeep Cherokee had much better bass, and it didn't have a sub. I finally decided to see what, if anything, could be done to change it. After viewing many videos, people suggested playing with the fader. All I did was simply move the fader control one slot towards the rear, and it's like a whole new sound system! While the sound is more geared towards the back, I do still hear the highs in the front of the car. The biggest difference is in the bass. You can really feel the sub, and the bass is so much cleaner, and deeper.

It boggles my mind that simply switching from a center selection on the fader to one section back can make such a huge difference. I don't know if anyone else has had the same experience, but so much better. I'm still not a huge fan of Beats in general, but I am very happy with the system now.

Comment

• supermoto_87
                      • Jul 2020

Has anyone installed aftermarket sub/amp in a 500x? I'm scratching my head for the best place to tap for signal. It's a non-Beats Lounge with 8-speaker system, and I'm hoping the wire harness for Beats amp is there and live. Anyone with experience please chime in on best way to get sub amp signal.

Comment