500 Madness

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fiat 500 Improved Starting Fix

Thanks
    That's too bad about your studio, 500. I gave my service adviser the list of TSB's including the rear washer nozzle one and he looked them up on his computer and verified them right there with me. They did the reflashes and the things that have improved are:

Car starts up perfectly every single time.

CLOCK KEEPS TIME. REPEAT: CLOCK KEEPS TIME - ACCURATELY. I know! I knooowwwww!

Shifting (Automatic Transmission) is much smoother overall and cold morning herky-jerky behavior seems to have abated but this weekend's cold snap will be the first real test.

The more I think about this new company (FIAT-Chrysler) I am beginning to feel like it's basically Chrysler (with FIAT money) and that's not a bad thing. They're making money hand over fist, selling tons of cars and engineering has as a great history at the Pentastar despite some pretty severe hiccups. This merger really seems to be the best of all worlds. Let's hope for our cars' sake that it continues to bear fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by bryanintowson View Post
    That's too bad about your studio, 500. I gave my service adviser the list of TSB's including the rear washer nozzle one and he looked them up on his computer and verified them right there with me. They did the reflashes and the things that have improved are:

Car starts up perfectly every single time.

CLOCK KEEPS TIME. REPEAT: CLOCK KEEPS TIME - ACCURATELY. I know! I knooowwwww!

Shifting (Automatic Transmission) is much smoother overall and cold morning herky-jerky behavior seems to have abated but this weekend's cold snap will be the first real test.

The more I think about this new company (FIAT-Chrysler) I am beginning to feel like it's basically Chrysler (with FIAT money) and that's not a bad thing. They're making money hand over fist, selling tons of cars and engineering has as a great history at the Pentastar despite some pretty severe hiccups. This merger really seems to be the best of all worlds. Let's hope for our cars' sake that it continues to bear fruit.
    Glad to hear they took care of you. To tell you the truth, I'm a little hesitant about getting my clock fixed. Mine runs a fast and it is a relief when I think I'm running late and I'm on time!

I also think it is better that service is run by Chrysler because they know what Americans expect. The last time, I don't think the Italians really knew or got our market and expectations.

abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Thanks
    Think this should be a sticky. Many dealers have no clue but this update fixed our starting problems..

Thanks
    I used this website's page about TSB's and wrote down all the numbers and gave it to the service advisor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2