Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

GT1725S In shop upgrade!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sales@Tork2
    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by SweetSandMan
    So, give or take +30whp and +30wtq over your bolted and tuned stock turbo. And will probably max out at about +45whp and wtq over the stocker. Pretty darn solid.

Buy not for $2500 bucks it's not.

A brand spanking new GT1752S can be purchased for about 200 bucks....no way this thing should be as much as it is.
    the turbo itself after a core as been returned is right around $1500. And this is a direct bolt on, made specifically for this car. If you wanted to find just any GT1725S you could, then you would have to build a custom manifold, downpipe, as well as other custom fabrication in order to make it work, you would well exceed $1500 for a custom turbo set up.
    Tyson

Comment

• Sales@Tork2
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Shawnb
      Where on earth are you going to find a quality turbo for $200 new? Doesn't exist.
      We sell our used stock K04's for the mazdaspeed platform for around $200, and that is just because we have so many laying around and people need them when their stock ones go out if they aren't looking to upgrade at that particular time. Definitely not brand new and that is a stock replacement which is bolt on. When you start getting into the custom side of things costs add up very quickly!
      Tyson

Comment

• Shawnb
        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Sales@Tork2
        We sell our used stock K04's for the mazdaspeed platform for around $200, and that is just because we have so many laying around and people need them when their stock ones go out if they aren't looking to upgrade at that particular time. Definitely not brand new and that is a stock replacement which is bolt on. When you start getting into the custom side of things costs add up very quickly!
        Tyson

Correct, but a brand new turbo for $200 isn't going to happen. Unless it's some Ebay junk special.

Comment

• SweetSandMan
          • Jan 2013

Where on earth are you going to find a quality turbo for $200 new? Doesn't exist.
          Did you look? A brand new GT1752S is cheap. It's a tiny turbo.

Originally posted by Sales@Tork2
          the turbo itself after a core as been returned is right around $1500. And this is a direct bolt on, made specifically for this car. If you wanted to find just any GT1725S you could, then you would have to build a custom manifold, downpipe, as well as other custom fabrication in order to make it work, you would well exceed $1500 for a custom turbo set up.
          Tyson
          Oh I get that there's R&D that needs to be accounted for...but if I buy this one for around 1500 without having to send in my stocker, it'd make some sense. I mean look at BNR...they make mazdaspeed specific bolt on turbo upgrades that are far larger turbos than this thing and they're about 1200 bucks and you can keep your stocker.

Correct, but a brand new turbo for $200 isn't going to happen. Unless it's some Ebay junk special.
          Once again, a GT1752S is a tiny turbo...plenty of vendors out there selling brand new units for just a few hundred bucks.
          '13 Abarth - ATM Holy Cowl Intake, ATP Downpipe, Forge blow-off Plate, Neu-F TA Insert, MPx Ported TB, TWM STS, ST Coilovers, Euro+Drive Phase 1.1+, 16x8 +25 Avid.1 AV16 wheels, 225/45 Nexen N'Fera SU1 tires
          '05 Ion Redline - Winter Beater

Comment

• Shawnb
            • Oct 2014

Did you look? A brand new GT1752S is cheap. It's a tiny turbo.

Oh I get that there's R&D that needs to be accounted for...but if I buy this one for around 1500 without having to send in my stocker, it'd make some sense. I mean look at BNR...they make mazdaspeed specific bolt on turbo upgrades that are far larger turbos than this thing and they're about 1200 bucks and you can keep your stocker.

Once again, a GT1752S is a tiny turbo...plenty of vendors out there selling brand new units for just a few hundred bucks.

Sure for some random Ebay junk turbo, it will be under $300 new. For a quality Garrett you will spending over a grand.

Comment

• opiateESP
              Boost Addict
              Lifetime Member
              • Oct 2012

There's a lot of clones of real turbos selling for too good to be true prices. Alibaba has a million of them. Regardless of that, you would need to modify the manifold to fit the turbo. The reason the ATP unit is more expensive; the exhaust housing from the 1446 is modified and reused on the ATP unit for OEM fitment. You're paying for the labour involved and the R&D that ATP put into making it a perfect fit.
              Pistons & Petrol: Follow us on YouTube.

2017 Abarth 124 Spider
              Tork Tuned | CP Pistons | Carrillo Rods | Garrett G25-550

The 300+ Club(?)
              #notscare

Comment

• SweetSandMan
                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by opiateESP
                There's a lot of clones of real turbos selling for too good to be true prices. Alibaba has a million of them. Regardless of that, you would need to modify the manifold to fit the turbo. The reason the ATP unit is more expensive; the exhaust housing from the 1446 is modified and reused on the ATP unit for OEM fitment. You're paying for the labour involved and the R&D that ATP put into making it a perfect fit.
                I agree and have acknowledged that on the R&D side. What I'm saying is other vendors are making the same unique modifications for other platforms so that they are bolts on...and doing it for fall less dough.

A Super 16g from Hahn is 600 bucks and made to be a bolt on directly to DSMs. BNR does GT3076 turbos as a bolt on for Mazdaspeeds for 1100. Hell, ZZP makes custom housings for Cobalts for the notoriously expensive Borg Warner EFR turbos for Cobalts for under 2k. There's absolutely no reason this thing should be over 2k. Heck, there's no reason this thing should be over 1k.

I understand this is a complaint towards ATP more than anything and I am glad Tork is venturing into tuning this turbo and that 16g of yours. I just wish someone would make a decent turbo for these things that was worth a damn for a price that made some sense.
                '13 Abarth - ATM Holy Cowl Intake, ATP Downpipe, Forge blow-off Plate, Neu-F TA Insert, MPx Ported TB, TWM STS, ST Coilovers, Euro+Drive Phase 1.1+, 16x8 +25 Avid.1 AV16 wheels, 225/45 Nexen N'Fera SU1 tires

Comment

• opiateESP
                  Boost Addict
                  Lifetime Member
                  • Oct 2012

I agree and have acknowledged that on the R&D side. What I'm saying is other vendors are making the same unique modifications for other platforms so that they are bolts on...and doing it for fall less dough.

A Super 16g from Hahn is 600 bucks and made to be a bolt on directly to DSMs. BNR does GT3076 turbos as a bolt on for Mazdaspeeds for 1100. Hell, ZZP makes custom housings for Cobalts for the notoriously expensive Borg Warner EFR turbos for Cobalts for under 2k. There's absolutely no reason this thing should be over 2k. Heck, there's no reason this thing should be over 1k.

I understand this is a complaint towards ATP more than anything and I am glad Tork is venturing into tuning this turbo and that 16g of yours. I just wish someone would make a decent turbo for these things that was worth a damn for a price that made some sense.
                  Yeah. That's completely valid. I would guess market size has something to do with it as well as target audience. ATP must think our pocket books are bigger on average than they are.
                  Pistons & Petrol: Follow us on YouTube.

2017 Abarth 124 Spider
                  Tork Tuned | CP Pistons | Carrillo Rods | Garrett G25-550

The 300+ Club(?)
                  #notscare

Comment

• Shawnb
                    • Oct 2014

You also have to understand market share and size. With the dsm stuff, there's endless companies to spend your money on for turbo kits, same with the other vehicles you listed. The fiat market is incredibly small so the vendors need to charge more to keep the doors open.

Comment

• SweetSandMan
                      • Jan 2013

You also have to understand market share and size. With the dsm stuff, there's endless companies to spend your money on for turbo kits, same with the other vehicles you listed. The fiat market is incredibly small so the vendors need to charge more to keep the doors open.
                      True. Though, only about 4000 Cobalt SS's with the LNF motor ('08-'10) were ever made and the aftermarket for that thing absolutely blows the Abarth away. But I definitely understand this is a super niche car. Just wish the aftermarket was a better.

I look forward to seeing what Tork can squeeze out of this little snail with full bolt ons, bigger injectors, and maybe some E and/or Meth.

Comment