Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

We only have 2 Alfa dealerships here. A Fiat/Alfa studio. The other Alfa dealership, is offer at a MB one. Along, with Porsche, jaguar Maserati, land...

I would personally sell the new truck, though a Ram dealership. The Fiat studios are pretty much extinct....

What you do is sell it through Fiat dealerships and stick it to Dodge for the Hornet business....

I see that midsize truck, with a RAM name plate on the grill and emboss on the tail gate.
My daughter finally trade off her troublesome Jeep Renegade...

Nice looking alloy wheels...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $150.00 on these Lowering Springs by Corsa Forza Performance for your FIAT 500.

Improve your FIAT...

1970 Fiat Abarth TCR 1000 Berlina Corsa

If the 43mm offset is correct then a 5 to 10mm spacer will put it about right. The stock wheels run between +30 and +35 offset depending on the style....

I'd look at salvage options to keep the price reasonable. I see a few options scattered around the country: https://www.lkqonline.com/2013-fiat-500-...

FWIW, Edmunds pricing guide here. ...

My Neighbor leased a Giulia and traded it in for a Stelvio. The Alfa dealer is in the next county.

I totally agree with you & Firefly is a great analogy (but 'Serenity' is one of my favorite ever movies!)
No resolution re. Fiat posts only...

I was thinking about this post today on my way to work and saw a Giulia. I see a 500 maybe once every two weeks.

Looking good. What I usually do with the inside of the tailpipes is spray some WD40 on something soft like Never Dull Cotton Wading. After that, a chrome...

All of the tires were spin balanced. I think I have it figured it out thanks to the you! I took the car into the dealer to get the oil changed and asked...

Check the coolant recovery tank if you haven't already...

Will these wheels fit? good deal maybe

4x100mm, 43mm off set....I believe... Good summer tires on them.

Would these fit? Anyway to make it work? I know I need the wobble bolts...

Full stock 500/Abarth NA light list, and what the compatible LED types

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mangavideo
    • Apr 2018

Originally posted by Mangavideo
    I went Lasfit T10 Amber Front, Red Back and got creative on the Turning Signals and went Green
    If you are talking about the front fender Markers, they are not hard. Remove a few Fender well screws along the front edge, enough to allow you to pull it back and it pops right out. If you have an electric driver/drill, it can be done in about 20Min

Comment

• RostHaus
      • Nov 2018

i meant these.
      2015 Fiat 500e
      Mods:
      LED Headlamps, Reverse, Interior.

2016 Bmw i3 Rex - H&R springs
      2002 Audi Allroad ASP Stage 3
      2000 Audi S4 ASP Stage 3+

Comment

• Mangavideo
        • Apr 2018

Originally posted by RostHaus
        Go in behind the rear portion of the fenderwell. Don't try prying them out from the front without releasing the tabs from the back at the same time. I tried that, driver side came in 3 seconds, I wrestled with the passenger side for 3 hours. Luckily I didn't scar the panel. Days later I saw a how-to and it's easily accessible behind the fenderwell.

BTW- They're a lot cheaper at 500madness. Got mine for around $25

Comment

• jmill22
          • Jan 2019

Hi,
          I'm new here. Has anyone had any luck with led rear turn signals and brake lights.
          Thanks

Comment

• RostHaus
            • Nov 2018

I haven't attempted the rears, beyond the reverse lights. My plan is to just add the Euro 16'+ refresh taillights, which are already LED.
            2015 Fiat 500e
            Mods:

Comment

• RostHaus
              • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Mangavideo
              Go in behind the rear portion of the fenderwell. Don't try prying them out from the front without releasing the tabs from the back at the same time. I tried that, driver side came in 3 seconds, I wrestled with the passenger side for 3 hours. Luckily I didn't scar the panel. Days later I saw a how-to and it's easily accessible behind the fenderwell.

BTW- They're a lot cheaper at 500madness. Got mine for around $25
              Thanks for the pointers
              2015 Fiat 500e
              Mods:

Comment

• jmill22
                • Jan 2019

Originally posted by RostHaus
                I haven't attempted the rears, beyond the reverse lights. My plan is to just add the Euro 16'+ refresh taillights, which are already LED.
                Thank for the info. I was thinking of doing the same thing for the rears.

Comment

• Dernt
                  • Feb 2019

Sorry to pull a Lazarus on this thread but I need an answer. I just took a run through this entire thread and didn't find what I wanted.

My windows are tinted at 10% and my tails are also tinted so backing into my driveway at night requires me to lower the window to see where I'm going. I bought a set of Auxito 921 LED bulbs and installed one bulb on the LH tail to see if there would be any codes or problems and everything was good. I installed the RH bulb, put car in reverse and neither of the bulbs would light up. Turned the bulbs around even though it says they are not polarity-specific and still got nothing. As a test, I put one of the standard 921 bulbs back in the RH tail and both lit up (one LED, one halogen). I left the car in reverse, reinstalled the LED in the RH tail and they both lit up. Put the car in neutral then back in reverse and neither bulb would light up. The only way to get both bulbs to work is either two halogens or one halogen and one LED. Obviously, my question is, why is it doing this? I think I had read somewhere on here or another site that the reverse lights require a resistor on just one of the bulbs. Is this true and, if so, what resistor would I need?

Comment

• Hermiabarth
                    Lifetime Member
                    Lifetime Member
                    • Jan 2019

I assume both bulbs are on the same circuit and one halogen provides enough resistance for the circuit to operate (makes sense, otherwise if one bulb burned out, the other would also go out). There must be some generic info about resistors to add when swapping to LED tail lights. I put the gen 4 euro tails on my Abarth - they came with a resistor, but I have no ideal of the spec. I suppose you could measure the resistance of a halogen bulb and select a resistor of the same value.
                    Last edited by Hermiabarth; 01-28-2021, 01:56 PM.
                    2016 Abarth Rosso: auto, sunroof, nero leather, electronic climate control, no Beats, ATM fmic, DNA chassis braces, Prometeo skid plate, 25mm tubular rear torsion bar, wheel stud conversion, E.C. V. 3 intake, GFB+ diverter valve, Gruvenparts billet oil filter canister, Euro 4th gen halo tail lights, LED headlights, fog lights, Kenwood Excelon DDX 9906 head unit, Neuspeed SS brake-lines, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, 50th Anniversary Abarth wheels, 205/40/17 Michelin Pilot AS4 tires.

Comment

• Dernt
                      • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Hermiabarth
                      I assume both bulbs are on the same circuit and one halogen provides enough resistance for the circuit to operate (makes sense, otherwise if one bulb burned out, the other would also go out). There must be some generic info about resistors to add when swapping to LED tail lights. I put the gen 4 euro tails on my Abarth - they came with a resistor, but I have no ideal of the spec. I suppose you could measure the resistance of a halogen bulb and select a resistor of the same value.
                      But why would both LED bulbs stay lit if I start with a halogen and swap it while hot? What you're saying makes sense as far as resistance but as soon as I swap out the halogen for the LED while it is powered on, it should theoretically change the resistance and cause both bulbs to go out. I was going to get the Gen 4 tails at one point but I decided to "blackout" my entire car and I couldn't justify tinting an expensive set of tails but I really do like their look.

Comment

• Hermiabarth
                        Lifetime Member
                        Lifetime Member
                        • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Dernt
                        But why would both LED bulbs stay lit if I start with a halogen and swap it while hot? What you're saying makes sense as far as resistance but as soon as I swap out the halogen for the LED while it is powered on, it should theoretically change the resistance and cause both bulbs to go out. I was going to get the Gen 4 tails at one point but I decided to "blackout" my entire car and I couldn't justify tinting an expensive set of tails but I really do like their look.
                        Maybe because once the circuit is "latched" on, it stays on, but, when it's cold (off) it won't close the circuit unless sufficient resistance is detected - just my speculation; maybe an electrical guru will chime in.
                        2016 Abarth Rosso: auto, sunroof, nero leather, electronic climate control, no Beats, ATM fmic, DNA chassis braces, Prometeo skid plate, 25mm tubular rear torsion bar, wheel stud conversion, E.C. V. 3 intake, GFB+ diverter valve, Gruvenparts billet oil filter canister, Euro 4th gen halo tail lights, LED headlights, fog lights, Kenwood Excelon DDX 9906 head unit, Neuspeed SS brake-lines, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, 50th Anniversary Abarth wheels, 205/40/17 Michelin Pilot AS4 tires.

Comment

• Dernt
                          • Feb 2019

Did a little more research and found a video from Diode Dynamics that answered my question. Paul from DD was a member of a car forum I used to belong to years ago and he makes great stuff. I also believe he is a sponsor or vendor on this forum.

Get yours here: http://bit.ly/1rCwvAB How do we test and measure products? Learn more here: https://www.diodedynamics.com/product-testingHow to install rever...

Comment

• Dernt
                            • Feb 2019

After a lot of online researching, talking to automotive techs, electrician friends, and months of trial and error, plus being constantly questioned by my next-door neighbor (who has a 1000+HP Mustang drag car in his garage) about why my front bumper is always off my car, I have finally found a possible answer to the annoying issue of LED DRLs on our car. Everyone has tried different bulbs, with or without CANbus, with or without resistors, etc. yet it seems no one found a solution. Well, I did (at least, it works on my car). Having changed my headlights and reverse lights to LEDs and using resistors, I knew the same could be done with the DRLs. Now, I have not changed my turn signals (FR or RR), brake lights, or side markers to LED (don't see the point of it) so don't ask. Here is what I did and the links to the bulbs and resistors I used. For some reason, the link for the DRL resistor keeps referring to 25w resistors but this is wrong, they need to be 50w resistors. Otherwise, you will get no light.

Headlight bulb: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                            Reverse bulb: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                            DRL bulb: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                            Resistor: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071HGKY16...roduct_details

20210808_154136.jpg20210808_154156.jpg
                            Wiring is simple:
                            1. Drill 2 holes into the lamp housing cover (3/32").
                            2. Use 16g wire to add length to the resistor leads. You need to do this because you have to be able to reach the radiator support (or any metal) to mount the resistors. They will melt any plastic due to the heat they generate.
                            3. Tap 1 resistor lead into either the green (+) or orange (+) wire from the socket.
                            4. Tap the other resistor lead into the black (-) wire from the socket.
                            5. There is no need to tap into the other (+) wire. Not sure why but if you do, it won't work.
                            6. The taps and extra wire will tuck inside the lamp housing in a small open area, allowing you to completely close the cover and maintain the waterproof seal.
                            7. Seal the holes where the wires go into the cover. I used liquid tape but I'm sure black RTV will do the same.
                            8. Reinstall the lights.
                            9. Enjoy.

The headlights were basically Plug-n-Play and the entire thing, wiring, resistor, and fan, all tucked into lamp housing perfectly. No drilling, no modification at all.
                            The reverse lights only require 1 resistor (I installed mine on the right) and I used the Sylvania LED Load Equalizer resistor set, Part #: LOADRSL.BX2. Can usually be found in any auto parts store, about $15US. The kit includes 2 resistors with leads, 4 zip ties, and 4 red wire taps (or connectors, as they call them). I'm not sure what the wattage is but it has 12V 6ohm stamped on it.

Hopefully, this helps anyone that wants to make this conversion. Overall, it took me about 3 hours to swap once I had the right combination. I also tinted the lenses so that added to my working time, waiting for them to dry. Start to finish on this, hopefully, last attempt was nearly 2 days but that included the tinting, having to drive to the store to grab some needed parts, a slight rain delay, and the usual Sunday morning slow-to-get-started routine.

Comment

• Dernt
                              • Feb 2019

After re-installing the lights and waiting until dark, it seems my solution is not 100%. The DRLs do work but they are not very bright so I'm guessing one of two things: the 50w resistor is clamping down too much and I need to switch it to the 25w or I need to do what I should have done in the first place; install the bulbs without resistors to see if they work. I didn't try this because I assumed it wouldn't work. I will update once I have tried both options, most likely in a week.

Comment