500 Madness

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Abarth - Shifter cable bushing fails at transmission

Thanks
    We're still working on this. The initial prototypes weren't to my liking, and I'm not going to make something unless it's solid, reliable, and good enough to put on my own car. Sorry for the delays, but believe me, you guys will be among the first to know when they're available.

I appreciate your patience.
    Ascension Engineering - Creators of BushingFix.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Loring For This Useful Post:

Trunkout (06-13-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loring View Post
    We're still working on this. The initial prototypes weren't to my liking, and I'm not going to make something unless it's solid, reliable, and good enough to put on my own car. Sorry for the delays, but believe me, you guys will be among the first to know when they're available.

I appreciate your patience.
    Definitely. I've been down the road of badly tested prototypes! That's how some of us ended up with damaged bushings......

Exhibit #1: Short shift adapter that attached on the transmission side. And was badly tested - so it would hit on metal when going to second gear, stressing the shift linkages. You can see the corner where it was hitting something, just under the first bolt on the left.

2015-10-27 20.47.26.jpg

So, by all means make sure it's right before releasing!
    2015 Rosso Abarth
    Mods: Ngen FMIC | El Gato Braces | GFB DV+ | Forge BOP | EC V4.1 Intake | NeuF Torque Arm Insert | ATM/Depo Boost Gauge | TWM Short Shifter | Brisk Plugs | MPX Hood Struts | Rally Armor Flaps | Okada Coils | CPR 30mm Rear Torsion Bar | Koni Yellow Rears | MPX Rear Exhaust | Chipbox | RRM Catted Downpipe | NGEN Performance Turbo by G-Pop

"Most of Alvin's Parts are on Other People's Cars" - NGEN

Thanks

Definitely ready for an aftermarket replacement!

I am supposed to be doing a track day at the track in Palmer MA at the end of next month and would really like to solve my issues before i drive there. If anybody has an option or idea for either an aftermarket part or something i can make on my own (i have a welder and other machines/materials) Im open to options that seems safe and viable. I was thinking about a heim joint and bolting it in where the stock shift ball link goes.... any thoughts? quick search found this.... seems worth buying to see what i could make. https://www.rodendstore.com/fk-rod-e...-steel-rod-end
    Last edited by Andy87t2; 06-26-2016 at 07:24 PM.

Thanks
    I've suffered the exact same failure as shown in the repair photos and limped home in 3rd and 4th (that was a fun 40km commute). I've elected to go the same route as another in this thread and zip-tie it for now until there is an alternative to these obviously junk OEM bushings. Has anyone had any success yet?

Thanks
    Here they are:

http://www.bushingfix.com/fiat-500-s...-transmission/

Installation videos to come soon.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loring For This Useful Post:

pr0d1gy9 (08-25-2016), White Abarth (08-25-2016)

Thanks
    Nice. Definitely a high recommendation for all the northern state guys even if theirs hasn't failed yet to have one in the tool box ready to go when it does.
    2016 Ceramic Metallic MX-5 w/ Brembo/BBS

Thanks
    Here they are:

http://www.bushingfix.com/fiat-500-s...-transmission/

Installation videos to come soon.
    Page does not exist?
    2015 Rosso Abarth
    Mods: Ngen FMIC | El Gato Braces | GFB DV+ | Forge BOP | EC V4.1 Intake | NeuF Torque Arm Insert | ATM/Depo Boost Gauge | TWM Short Shifter | Brisk Plugs | MPX Hood Struts | Rally Armor Flaps | Okada Coils | CPR 30mm Rear Torsion Bar | Koni Yellow Rears | MPX Rear Exhaust | Chipbox | RRM Catted Downpipe | NGEN Performance Turbo by G-Pop

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aelfwyne View Post
    Page does not exist?
    Yep, we've removed the listing. Our test car had both cable ends the same size. What we're finding is that some of the cars (at this point, we're thinking most) have a larger cable end on one side.

That said, we've got the rearmost bushing in stock and ready to go (that would be the left/right bushing), but if you need it, you'll just have to give us a call (number is at the top of the website) or send us a contact form requesting the part.

We tried leaving the listing up with some information to clarify any confusion, but some folks weren't reading it (or it wasn't clear) and it was causing an issue. It'll be temporarily down while we work up a solution.

Thanks
    Yep, we've removed the listing. Our test car had both cable ends the same size. What we're finding is that some of the cars (at this point, we're thinking most) have a larger cable end on one side.

That said, we've got the rearmost bushing in stock and ready to go (that would be the left/right bushing), but if you need it, you'll just have to give us a call (number is at the top of the website) or send us a contact form requesting the part.

We tried leaving the listing up with some information to clarify any confusion, but some folks weren't reading it (or it wasn't clear) and it was causing an issue. It'll be temporarily down while we work up a solution.
    Thank you for being an honest vendor! I'll keep an eye out for the updated listing once you have a chance to come up with a solution. My car is functional, I just want to have a spare set ready to go because I know my bushings were likely damaged when I was using a transmission-mounted short shifter.
    2015 Rosso Abarth

Thanks
    Thanks for the updates Loring. I'll definitely be in the market for these once they're ready
    2013 Bianco Abarth Eggbert - EuroCompulsion v2.1 intake w/ ram boot, Sila titanium turbo blanket

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast