500 Madness

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A/C issues?

Thanks
    I have a 2012 and mine has ac issues as well. It was fine until the center vent got replaced then it was like the blend door got stuck open. Ive complained four times and gotten no where today is the fifth time its being looked at. Hopefully this dealership can figure out the issue. Tired of driving down the road and my car either not cooling or not heating. I feel you on the five day waiting i had the same issue when they replaced the tire rod bc the studio only had one fiat mechanic and he apparently sucks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
    Unfortunately be prepared for more issues. Maybe not as serious but issues none the less.
    Slowbird is correct. Since you have so few miles on the car, you may want to see if you can still purchase the 100K extended warranty through FCA.

They pack a lot of parts into these little cars which makes them not cheap to repair. In spite of the low purchase cost of these little cars, labor costs alone can unexpectedly put you into a tough financial situation if something major goes wrong.

Thanks

Angry Never again!!

i have had WAAAAAAYYYYYY more issues than just the a/c now and I will never ever buy anything Chrysler product again !!!! 😡😤 I can't wait to get rid of both of mine

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brush87 View Post
    i have had WAAAAAAYYYYYY more issues than just the a/c now and I will never ever buy anything Chrysler product again !!!!  I can't wait to get rid of both of mine

Just curious. What are the other issues?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyfromVA View Post
    Just curious. What are the other issues?
    Well we can start with the suspension clunking and weird noise when steering is turned or going over anything other than new paved flat road, the constant squealing of the breaks (only have 20,000 miles on the car and the dealer replaced the rotors and sanded the pads already) my sun roof if just vented will not close unless it is opened all the way, my non turbo is getting 27 mpg when it was getting 37 and all of this can't be fixed by fiat at Moses St. Albans wv according to the mechanic my car is not a luxury vehicle and all of these issues are normal vehicle operation *rolls eyes so hard* and fiat contacted me and said they would help me and tow it to another dealer and get me a rental and I said great ! Well they never called me back and I had to call them like 6 times before I got an answer from someone and then they told me that they can't do the tow to get "a second opinion " this is not a second opinion these are issues that need fixed ! Like I said since this is how they treat someone that bought 3 cars in 3 year from them, NEVER AGAIN !

Thanks
    Like I said since this is how they treat someone that bought 3 cars in 3 year from them, NEVER AGAIN !
    Wow, I can see why you're frustrated and discouraged. Unfortunately these days the amount you spend per car is directly proportional with the level of service you'll receive after the sale. For example; when I've taken my wife's second car, a Jaguar XF Sport into the Jag dealer, the customer service is exceptional. I get a loaner with no questions, waiting, or paperwork, they get me in and out fast, and they seem to do an excellent level of work on the car. Fiats are fun little economic cars, but when something does go wrong, there seems to be a common thread which includes poor level of service. FCA needs to do a better job of requiring their dealerships represent the brand with a better light with service, not just hitting sales numbers.

Thanks
    Wow, I've had excellent service when I was at my dealer in Arizona, California and S Carolina. No issues at all. Go figure. Happy with the car and the service and it's not even a Mercedes.
    2013 Fiat 500 Sport AT, Xpel Ultimate Clear Bra, 3M Crystalline Window Tint, Black top stripes, Black "500" (wide) side stripes. Fiat "500" Stainless door sills by Mopar. BlueTooth music streaming. OBDII BlueTooth Torque gauges streaming to smart phone. BF Goodrich Sport Comp II tires, STS rear sway bar, Euro+Drive NA 500 Tune, BMC reusable air filter and Spare Tyre with cover.

Blast to drive! 25 years newer than last car!

Thanks
    Well we can start with the suspension clunking and weird noise when steering is turned or going over anything other than new paved flat road, the constant squealing of the breaks (only have 20,000 miles on the car and the dealer replaced the rotors and sanded the pads already) my sun roof if just vented will not close unless it is opened all the way, my non turbo is getting 27 mpg when it was getting 37 and all of this can't be fixed by fiat at Moses St. Albans wv according to the mechanic my car is not a luxury vehicle and all of these issues are normal vehicle operation *rolls eyes so hard* and fiat contacted me and said they would help me and tow it to another dealer and get me a rental and I said great ! Well they never called me back and I had to call them like 6 times before I got an answer from someone and then they told me that they can't do the tow to get "a second opinion " this is not a second opinion these are issues that need fixed ! Like I said since this is how they treat someone that bought 3 cars in 3 year from them, NEVER AGAIN !
    The steering column and probably front axle both need replaced. Mine was doing the same thing and ive had both replaced. And due to the dealership not staking a bolt per a different fiat dealership im getting my second front axle in 10k miles. These cars are junk. Does yours rattle constantly inside as well?

Thanks
    Yes both of them my sport and turbo ... it's sad that a company treats someone this way

Premium Member Southernroadrunner's Avatar
    Thanks
    I hope all you guys can get the issues straightened out. These really are great little cars. Worked a manufacturing assembly line and everything is put together it's a wonder more things don't fail. You wouldn't believe it till you had to deal with it first hand. Keep the company quality standards but make sure you hurry. No stop all go and worry about the rest later. Been there done that!! Just saying.
    2015 Abarth (Gray)
    Advan- RSII 17x7.5
    Advan Yokohama - AD08R 215/40/17
    EUROCOMPULSION
    - V4.1 AIR INDUCTION SYSTEM
    EUROCOMPULSION - TORQUE SOLUTIONS BOV

MADNESS - EIBACH PRO SPRINGS FRONT
    EIBACH - SPORTLINES IN THE REAR
    ENERGY SUSPENSION- REAR THIN ISOLATORS
    MADNESS - HOOD LIFT KIT

FIATTECH
    - TROFEO FRONT SPOILER
    PROSPORT-BOOST GUAGE

!!! ROLL TIDE !!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Southernroadrunner For This Useful Post:

Fabio13 (01-12-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2