Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Edit to my post: This morning the car felt like it was misfiring as the low pressure warning flashed on again. I'm definitely going to have to avoid driving...

I see tons of Alfas around here, but I live near wealthy East Coast enclaves. Stevios are especially popular....

For item one, check the gas cap. There is an O-ring that gets brittle with age. Generally a squirt of lithium grease or something similar will refresh...

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Custom FMIC questions.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by abarth500caz
    Thanks guys! Does type of intake you use have anything to do with the FMIC you get?
    you have a PM...
    Nero Abarth in the driveway!
    Ambient Thermal Management
    Performance & Tuning

Comment

• shadowshaggy
      Super Tech
      Lifetime Member
      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Jan
      as far as efficiency? YES without a doubt 100% better than a core that is 27" long..............He asked for opinions so I gave one.........pressure drop and it's 100% fact. You can't fool physics
      It's obvious you haven't been to time attack as damn near every bumper out there has it's structure cut to get the best cooler in there
      You are correct, I do not run time attack.

So the 27" or so core you RMW/J&J are using (that is the same length, just taller than this) magically doesn't have the same 3ish psi pressure drop? As you said, part of the pressure drop correlates to the fact that the air is cooling. This is also the identical surface area to the stock smic's combined.

I don't want to start a pissing contest over physics with you, but that remark was a bit unnecessary considering you are putting out a same length core and in the same breath saying this one will have a pressure drop problem. I fail to understand the thought process in that situation Jan. I'm trying to follow, but you got help a brother out some.

For those of us who aren't going to run a big turbo, the home brew kits are a great alternative to $799 so long as you make sure to do the fittings correctly so you don't have leaks.
      Mods I don't have:
      cage
      stripped interior
      chassis braces
      cam
      big turbo
      new internals
      ....pretty much everything else

Sponsors:
      Eurocompulsion
      AAD
      Cipher Auto

Pending:
      Megan Racing (coil-overs)

Comment

• shadowshaggy
        Super Tech
        Lifetime Member
        • Oct 2013

This be the RMW fmic in question fwiw: http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showt...J-amp-J-Racing

So, am I wrong to assume that the 6" tall one is going to have more pressure drop than a 10-12" tall unit both being the same length? Please don't insult my intelligence, I have a fairly decent understanding of physics as related to hydraulics & air movement. Simple math, if you have broad transitions versus small transitions, which is less turbulent?
        Mods I don't have:
        cage
        stripped interior
        chassis braces
        cam
        big turbo
        new internals

Sponsors:
        Eurocompulsion
        AAD
        Cipher Auto

Pending:
        Megan Racing (coil-overs)

Comment

• Jan
          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by shadowshaggy
          You are correct, I do not run time attack.

So the 27" or so core you RMW/J&J are using (that is the same length, just taller than this) magically doesn't have the same 3ish psi pressure drop? As you said, part of the pressure drop correlates to the fact that the air is cooling. This is also the identical surface area to the stock smic's combined.

I don't want to start a pissing contest over physics with you, but that remark was a bit unnecessary considering you are putting out a same length core and in the same breath saying this one will have a pressure drop problem. I fail to understand the thought process in that situation Jan. I'm trying to follow, but you got help a brother out some.

For those of us who aren't going to run a big turbo, the home brew kits are a great alternative to $799 so long as you make sure to do the fittings correctly so you don't have leaks.
          you might want to relax and take a deep breath. I HAVE NOT SAID THE RACE VERSION IS 27" long. YOU DID............. the core is 18" long. I'll do the math for you.............9" shorter so there is NO MISUNDERSTANDINGS since you are just looking for a fight that isn't there. Do the math my friend you will see..........

Comment

• Fiat500USA
            Amministratore
            • Feb 2011

OK, let's all take a breath and keep it classy. Thanks.
            Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
            fiat 500 forum signature
            abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• shadowshaggy
              Super Tech
              Lifetime Member
              • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Jan
              you might want to relax and take a deep breath. I HAVE NOT SAID THE RACE VERSION IS 27" long. YOU DID............. the core is 18" long. I'll do the math for you.............9" shorter so there is NO MISUNDERSTANDINGS since you are just looking for a fight that isn't there. Do the math my friend you will see..........
              I don't recall ever seeing, until now, the length of yours. The core length of this unit is 22", then add the end tanks.

Edit: For the record Jan, I said 27" or so - I misspoke and I will be more specific next time. The total length of this intercooler he bought is 27", the core itself is 22" I believe. I have another one at my desk I can measure. So I apologize for using the word core instead of the whole unit. But no one is bent out of shape over here. One last quick interjection, how tall is the core you are using? This setup is a 5.5" core.
              Last edited by shadowshaggy; 05-14-2015, 03:26 PM.
              Mods I don't have:
              cage
              stripped interior
              chassis braces
              cam
              big turbo
              new internals

Sponsors:
              Eurocompulsion
              AAD
              Cipher Auto