403 Forbidden


openresty
izmir escort antalya escort izmir escort porno porno izle bursa escort escort mobil porno havalandirma sistemleri takipçi satın alma instagram beğeni hilesi instagram takipçi hilesi saha betonu izmir escort eskişehir escort bayan Manual Transmission, groan in reverse on an incline
500 Madness
   
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Manual Transmission, groan in reverse on an incline

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts

    Manual Transmission, groan in reverse on an incline

    Ive had my 6-speed manual 500L for almost a year. Almost as soon as I got it, I sometimes noticed a terrible groan coming from the transmission when I was reversing on an incline. I have also experienced this issue when decelerating while downshifting from 4th to 3rd.

    Im not a mechanic so dont know if the problem lies with the clutch, the shift linkage, or some other part of the transmission, but I can clearly see that both of these scenarios involve the weight of the car being shifted forward (and the gearshift in an upward position, though Im not sure if that part is relevant or just a coincidence).

    Anyway, after bring my car in for service on a couple of occasions and being told once they couldnt reproduce the problem and then that the sound was somehow normal (which it surely is not), I finally got my dealer to acknowledge that there is a problem and that it needs to be fixed.

    Heres the rub. I brought my car in last Monday morning, and by Friday I was being told that they still have not diagnosed the problem. I hesitate to complain too loudly because I was given a quite decent rental at no charge (which I am still driving), but its still disconcerting to have my car in the shop for an entire week and be no closer to a fix, or even an explanation.

    Ive seen posts on this forum regarding the same transmission problem as mine, but its not clear how/if they got resolved.

    Has anyone managed to get a diagnosis and fix for it? If so, Id certainly like to hear about it, because at this point Im not sure how long my car will be in for service, and not especially confident it will be fixed when I finally get it back.

    Thanks,

    Joe

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    84
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MoranJ2000 View Post
    Ive had my 6-speed manual 500L for almost a year. Almost as soon as I got it, I sometimes noticed a terrible groan coming from the transmission when I was reversing on an incline. I have also experienced this issue when decelerating while downshifting from 4th to 3rd.

    Im not a mechanic so dont know if the problem lies with the clutch, the shift linkage, or some other part of the transmission, but I can clearly see that both of these scenarios involve the weight of the car being shifted forward (and the gearshift in an upward position, though Im not sure if that part is relevant or just a coincidence).

    Anyway, after bring my car in for service on a couple of occasions and being told once they couldnt reproduce the problem and then that the sound was somehow normal (which it surely is not), I finally got my dealer to acknowledge that there is a problem and that it needs to be fixed.

    Heres the rub. I brought my car in last Monday morning, and by Friday I was being told that they still have not diagnosed the problem. I hesitate to complain too loudly because I was given a quite decent rental at no charge (which I am still driving), but its still disconcerting to have my car in the shop for an entire week and be no closer to a fix, or even an explanation.

    Ive seen posts on this forum regarding the same transmission problem as mine, but its not clear how/if they got resolved.

    Has anyone managed to get a diagnosis and fix for it? If so, Id certainly like to hear about it, because at this point Im not sure how long my car will be in for service, and not especially confident it will be fixed when I finally get it back.

    Thanks,

    Joe
    Interesting, this is the first manual transmission I can recall being reported with an issue. Plenty of DDCT discussions. Some of the Fiat people on here I'm sure can help push things along if it goes on too much longer.

  3. #3
    Fiat Top Care Specialist FiatCares's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    1,356
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 433 Times in 296 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MoranJ2000 View Post
    I’ve had my 6-speed manual 500L for almost a year. Almost as soon as I got it, I sometimes noticed a terrible groan coming from the transmission when I was reversing on an incline. I have also experienced this issue when decelerating while downshifting from 4th to 3rd.

    I’m not a mechanic so don’t know if the problem lies with the clutch, the shift linkage, or some other part of the transmission, but I can clearly see that both of these scenarios involve the weight of the car being shifted forward (and the gearshift in an upward position, though I’m not sure if that part is relevant or just a coincidence).

    Anyway, after bring my car in for service on a couple of occasions and being told once they couldn’t reproduce the problem and then that the sound was somehow normal (which it surely is not), I finally got my dealer to acknowledge that there is a problem and that it needs to be fixed.

    Here’s the rub. I brought my car in last Monday morning, and by Friday I was being told that they still have not diagnosed the problem. I hesitate to complain too loudly because I was given a quite decent rental at no charge (which I am still driving), but it’s still disconcerting to have my car in the shop for an entire week and be no closer to a fix, or even an explanation.

    I’ve seen posts on this forum regarding the same transmission problem as mine, but it’s not clear how/if they got resolved.

    Has anyone managed to get a diagnosis and fix for it? If so, I’d certainly like to hear about it, because at this point I’m not sure how long my car will be in for service, and not especially confident it will be fixed when I finally get it back.

    Thanks,

    Joe
    Hi Joe,
    Could you please PM me with your VIN#, contact information, and the name of the FIAT Studio that you are currently working with so that I can look into this for you?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MoranJ2000 View Post
    I’ve had my 6-speed manual 500L for almost a year. Almost as soon as I got it, I sometimes noticed a terrible groan coming from the transmission when I was reversing on an incline. I have also experienced this issue when decelerating while downshifting from 4th to 3rd.

    I’m not a mechanic so don’t know if the problem lies with the clutch, the shift linkage, or some other part of the transmission, but I can clearly see that both of these scenarios involve the weight of the car being shifted forward (and the gearshift in an upward position, though I’m not sure if that part is relevant or just a coincidence).

    Anyway, after bring my car in for service on a couple of occasions and being told once they couldn’t reproduce the problem and then that the sound was somehow normal (which it surely is not), I finally got my dealer to acknowledge that there is a problem and that it needs to be fixed.

    Here’s the rub. I brought my car in last Monday morning, and by Friday I was being told that they still have not diagnosed the problem. I hesitate to complain too loudly because I was given a quite decent rental at no charge (which I am still driving), but it’s still disconcerting to have my car in the shop for an entire week and be no closer to a fix, or even an explanation.

    I’ve seen posts on this forum regarding the same transmission problem as mine, but it’s not clear how/if they got resolved.

    Has anyone managed to get a diagnosis and fix for it? If so, I’d certainly like to hear about it, because at this point I’m not sure how long my car will be in for service, and not especially confident it will be fixed when I finally get it back.

    Thanks,

    Joe
    Hi there if I m not mistaken there are 2 threads on that same issue,I bought my car July 2013 and since day 1 I have that issue mostly in reverse but it happened on downshift too,we with other members complained about it and some people got there clutch replaced even 1 person twice without solving the issue.Fiatcare pm me and order a clutch for my car wich they sent to my studio,I m trained technician myself I asked if part number was updated and they said no so my studio and me agreed to not replace yet since no update part available,I personally think that it s not normal as well I suggested a few possible ways to fix it and nobody at the studio or Fiatcare pursue further investigation to solve this annoying issue or keep us posted.

    Now i ask Fiatcare to go further and find a solution and "LET US KNOW" since a lot of people complained about it ! If Fiatcare need input just PM me
    Thanks

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rally500 For This Useful Post:

    DDT (04-22-2015)

  6. #5
    Junior Member Blk500L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I've been have this problem for the longest time, the sad part is the dealer acknowledged the problem but refuses to do anything about it... And that to me is very sad

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Blk500L For This Useful Post:

    Rally500 (04-22-2015)

  8. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    What kind of grinding are you guys experiencing. I have the same issue when backing up in an incline but to me the sound is almost like the brake pads and disk rubbing together and producing a low pitch noise. It doesn't sound like grinding to me.

  9. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macphisto View Post
    What kind of grinding are you guys experiencing. I have the same issue when backing up in an incline but to me the sound is almost like the brake pads and disk rubbing together and producing a low pitch noise. It doesn't sound like grinding to me.
    Hi there no it's a loud noise from gearbox clutch area especially when you have to do it on a steep incline you have to be on the load.

  10. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    317
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 86 Times in 62 Posts
    There are more threads on this issue. My car did the same thing and I printed out the forum thread and took it to the dealership. They were able to recreate the noise and after a short time in the service area I had a new clutch and plate ordered in. Took a while for parts as they came from Serbia of all places. My car had a low VIN# and I thing the new builds are not having this issue. Car works fine now.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to ManOfStealth For This Useful Post:

    Rally500 (05-08-2015)

  12. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Hi how long the clutch had been replaced? I m asking because there s one tread the person they replaced twice and problem came back after a while.Thanks for info.

  13. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally500 View Post
    Hi how long the clutch had been replaced? I m asking because there s one tread the person they replaced twice and problem came back after a while.Thanks for info.
    Its been a while, but I just wanted to post an update re: the status of my 500L manual transmission backward groan issue.

    Ultimately, the dealer had my car just a day shy of three weeks. According to my paperwork, they replaced the clutch, the flywheel, and the actuator.

    Long story short, its been almost a month since I got the car back. In that time Ive not heard the groan, and I dont think I ever went more than a week or two without hearing it before the repair, so it looks like they got it fixed.

    I want to publicly thank Erica from FIATCares, who contacted the dealer on my behalf and I believe put them in touch with escalated technical support resources.

    Although I wasnt thrilled to be without my L for the nearly three weeks it took identify and correct this problem, the dealer (FIAT of Ft. Myers) did right by me, giving me a solid rental (Chrysler 200great car) and ultimately fixed the issue, so Im quite satisfied.

    Here's hoping the issue doesn't recur...

    Joe

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MoranJ2000 For This Useful Post:

    DeSoulo (05-26-2015), Rally500 (05-25-2015), streetsurfer (05-26-2015)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Decline and return of the Manual Transmission
    By Andree in forum Car Talk
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-12-2019, 09:36 PM
  2. Gear Indicator : Manual Transmission
    By Mario500L in forum Fiat 500L
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-06-2013, 05:47 PM
  3. Flashback: I actually Learned How To Drive With A Manual Transmission; In a FIAT!!!!
    By KhalilWilliams in forum Fiat 500 General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-20-2012, 11:37 AM
  4. video of Lounge with manual transmission
    By CaliberSRT4 in forum Fiat 500 General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-25-2012, 05:01 PM
  5. Sport Mode - Manual Transmission
    By Rossonero404 in forum Fiat 500 General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-06-2011, 06:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •