Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

1982 x1/9

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sjmst
    Lifetime Member
    Lifetime Member
    • May 2011

1982 x1/9

Got it in January. Finally nice enough weather to drive it.
    As compared to my 1981 Fiat Spider, I have to say it's a nicer drive. Very agile, smooth and stable. They say these are "underpowered" but I don't see that at all.
    I always wanted one like the car pictured in the brochure from 1992: Met. Red with Black Interior. Now I've got it, to match my 81 Spider, in brown that also matches the brochure from that year. The X needs paint and new carpet, which I will get to eventually.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sjmst; 04-12-2015, 10:47 AM.
    sigpic
    Fiat Club America Long Island Chapter Contact.
    - Sam

2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia
    1981 Fiat Spider
    2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    2002 Porsche Boxster
  • Jester49
    • Jun 2013

Very nice find, love the X, great shape for a New York car.

Comment

• rustbucket
      • May 2013

Very nice!! .... and nice to know you guys finally got some decent weather, the Northeast has gotten hammered pretty good this winter. One of my brothers who lived in Maine said "Enough of this!" and has moved to Florida.
      2018 FIAT 500 Abarth- manual, 17" wheels, sunroof, perla white tricoat, red leather, bone stock (for now) daily driver

2020 Ram 1500 4x4 Big Horn crew cab- 5.7L eTorque Hemi (mild hybrid), 3.92 rear axle, diamond black crystal pearl coat

2021 Harley-Davidson FLHR Road King, billiard red, RDRS

Comment

• Robert Nixon

Nice, love the X!

Are you on the Xweb forum?
        2013 Rosso Abarth with 68K miles, Koni yellow shocks, Madness springs, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016-2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014-2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
        My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

Comment

• dart1.4t
          • Apr 2013

Had a 79 without a lot of the emmisions equipment, it was kinda a mix between a 79 fiat and a 85 bertone. I agree it doesn't feel underpowered when you drive it. Sure on paper it doesn't compete but they feel pretty good. Also got 35-38 mpg highway (those highways had a ton of stesp hills too) with a carburator and 25-27 around town. Car never failed me other than the carb being sensitive to dirt in the fuel. Always wanted to convert an l-jetronic car over to a megasquirt and nix the air flow meter.
          Last edited by dart1.4t; 04-12-2015, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• Ucello
            • Jan 2015

I used to have an X1/9 - they were fun little cars! Congrats
            Watch VLOGNOSIS! Yes right now!

Comment

• sjmst
              Lifetime Member
              Lifetime Member
              • May 2011

Hi Robert, I am indeed, also as SJMST. Great site for X owners.
              sigpic
              - Sam

2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia
              1981 Fiat Spider
              2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
              2002 Porsche Boxster

Comment

• sjmst
                Lifetime Member
                Lifetime Member
                • May 2011

I guess this pic can go in the Rosso Abarth Section or here.
                My Abarth, now being used by my son, and my 82 X1/9. FIAT 1 and FIAT 2 plates.
                Missing from pic: My 81 Spider with "FIAT" plate.
                Attached Files
                sigpic
                - Sam

2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia
                1981 Fiat Spider
                2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
                2002 Porsche Boxster

Comment

• Robert Nixon

Very cool!

I hear that Dr. Seuss wanted one of his books to feature characters named "FIAT 1" and "FIAT 2", but then changed it to "THING 1" and "THING 2"!
                  2013 Rosso Abarth with 68K miles, Koni yellow shocks, Madness springs, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016-2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014-2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
                  My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

Comment