Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Edit to my post: This morning the car felt like it was misfiring as the low pressure warning flashed on again. I'm definitely going to have to avoid driving...

I see tons of Alfas around here, but I live near wealthy East Coast enclaves. Stevios are especially popular....

For item one, check the gas cap. There is an O-ring that gets brittle with age. Generally a squirt of lithium grease or something similar will refresh...

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

GROUP BUY: UNICHIP Q and Q4

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EliRider
    UniChip Enthusiast
    Lifetime Member
    • Mar 2012

GROUP BUY: UNICHIP Q and Q4

GROUP BUY: UNICHIP Q/Q4 boost module kit
    EXCLUSIVE OFFERING TO FIAT 500 USA FORUM MEMBERS

Ordering Window: 2/11/2015 thru 2/17/2015

I’m excited to provide 2 unique product offerings to the Fiat 500 USA Forum Community;

1) UniChip Q, the industry leading performance boost add-on module
    2) UniChip Q4, the latest and greatest module that includes tuning map controlled throttle manipulation

At this time, Fiat 500 Abarth models (2012 and beyond), with manual shift is supported.

Note: There is a path for existing UniChip Q modules in the field to support the Q4 throttle modification based on community interest. See the end of this group buy notice for details.

KIT PRICING (represents first tier level pricing that represents a 10% off MSRP, not including shipping and handling)
    UniChip Q $536 + shipping
    UniChip Q4 $581 + shipping

Larger tiered quantity discounts will be available should the unit orders exceed 10 and 20 units sold with discounts that correspond to a 15% and 20% respectively. The kits will include the module of choice (Q or Q4), PnP module harness, 2-Way map selector switch and 2 open/unlocked maps (Stage 1 and Stage 2 direct from UniChip NA). Ten additional incremental performance maps that adjust tuning strength and throttle response are available at no additional cost.

There is a 20% discount for the optional 5-Way map selector switch and map download cable during this group buy period.
    USB to UniChip Cable $45 (discounted to $36)
    5-Way Map Selection Switch $75 (discounted to $60)

PRODUCT FULFILLMENT AND SUPPORT:

Order fulfillment and shipping will be handled directly by UniChip NA and not a third party.
    The UniChip kits will begin shipping the week the GB closes; kits will ship on a first come first serve basis.

Note: typical ground shipping cost ranges from $25-30 in the continental US

I’m glad to be supporting the Abarth community with this fantastic product. To participate in the Group Buy, you will need to submit a minimum $200 deposit.

For information regarding this group buy, you can email [email protected]. The same email can be used to make your deposit via PayPal.

GROUP BUY TIER A: 1–5 member orders (reflects 10% discount off MSRP)

UniChip Q ($536 + shipping)
    UniChip Q4 ($581 + shipping)

GROUP BUY TIER B: 6-10 member orders (reflects 15% discount off MSRP)

UniChip Q ($506 + shipping)
    UniChip Q4 ($549 + shipping)

GROUP BUY TIER C: 11-20+ member orders (reflects 20% discount off MSRP)

UniChip Q ($476 + shipping)
    UniChip Q4 ($516 + shipping)

Note: This is the first time I've organized a group buy so please be patient with me as I continue my UniChip Adventure with our Fiat community.

SPECIAL UNICHIP THROTTLE BOOST UPGRADE PROGRAM

For existing UniChip Q4 customers, your PnP module harness can be easily upgraded to support the throttle manipulation feature for a small fee.

For existing UniChip Q and Q+ customers there is a path for upgrade, UniChip can offer a standalone Throttle Booster Module which is added to an existing PnP kit to provide the same throttle manipulation offered with the Q4 without having to purchase a new UniQ module. This upgrade works with all UniQ and UniQ+ versions.

Jack will be committed to provide such an option should there be interest. And would prioritize this offering after the GB window is closed. I'm also happy to use my car setup to support the development. The main advantage with the Q4 is that it is a single module and supports the ability to easily adjust the tuning strength. Developing maps for the stand alone throttle boost module will be straight forward that will leverage the work that was done on the Q4.

The cost would be in the $100 range (possibly less) that would include the module, PnP harness modification and map development. You would have to send Jack your UniChip Q with PnP Harness for the upgrade.

For additional details, you can email Jack at UniChip NA. I will be posting additional details on this forum.
    Last edited by EliRider; 02-10-2015, 06:29 PM.
    2016 Fiat 500X Lounge (Bianco Gelato)

2012 Fiat 500 Abarth (Nero)
    Unichip Q4 (5-Way Map Switch / self tune)
    Custom CAI / Intercooler
    ProtoXide Steel Single Mass Flywheel
    ProtoXide performance clutch/plate (4 puck copper reinforced)
    Craven Speed Throttle Body Injection Spacer
    HPSI Water Meth Injection System
    Bilsteins coil-overs
    EBC Red ceramic brakes
    Brake Lab slotted/drilled rotors
    Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3
  • boxerbay
    • Jul 2014

do you have any dyno numbers showing what this version of unichip can do?
    sigpic
    2012 Abarth Grigio, sunroof, red leather, red mirrors, carbon fiber stripe, Fly1 CF Lip and skirt, XXR 550 17x8.25 19mm w/ 195/40/17, SR48 Stud, R1 Rotors, EBC reds, ATM HCI, ATM FMIC, EC/HPSI Unichip II, PTP turbo blanket, GFB/DV+, Norcal SS DP, J-Pipe 2.25, MPX Axleback, BC Coilovers, Neu-f 28mm rear bar, 3M Crystalline tint, HID 6500K + 3000K.

Comment

• EliRider
      UniChip Enthusiast
      Lifetime Member
      • Mar 2012

The UniChip is a proven open multi-map development performance platform. And currently considered the best of it's breed that is easily installed or removed with multi-map update-able capabilities.

I have no plans to dyno variations of tunes as I'm very satisfied between the differences between my initial base tune and dynos already performed by others that demonstrate the UniChip platforms capabilities. In addition, UniChip offers the ability to self tune with the optional tuning software so the car tuners can personalize the performance even further.

There is quite a bit of dyno information already out there on this forum about the UniChip platform. The UniQ, UniQ+ and the UniQ4 all have the same compute engine as the tunes developed for this platform will perform the same which is a great feature in extending one's investment. The big difference is with the Q4 is the integrated mappable Throttle Boost. As with the other third party throttle boosters do not necessarily increase power, however the Q4 advantage is in increased "tuned" throttle acceleration.

The UniQ is still a very capable platform and has the ability to drive/map control aftermarket performance products. The UniQ4 just does more.

This has already been posted regarding my journey that began in Early 2013 with UniChip since they are located in my backyard in Oregon. Since then we have made considerable progress in advancing its capability for our cars. Its been a great ride for me to influence what Jack does for us.

Ok, time to come clean… when I recently posted a thread about UniChip and a picture of my car on their web site, I was extremely excited. http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?13940-Unichip-joins-the-fray I could not contain myself since I was having an excellent experience with the first successful UniChip

Jack has made a commitment to support the Abarth community and will not abandon those who have made the investment. It's great to see Jack onboard to increase his commitment as we take on the next chapter with his offerings.

Originally posted by boxerbay
      do you have any dyno numbers showing what this version of unichip can do?

Custom CAI / Intercooler
      Bilsteins coil-overs
      EBC Red ceramic brakes

Comment

• Kevin
        • Mar 2014

Based on the current Unichip interest survey, my interest is waning.
        I am curious as to why the percentage of people NOT interested is so high.
        Is it the fact that they are happy with their current piggyback, or waiting for more feedback on the new EuroDrive?
        Perhaps someone who specifically spent the time to state their non-interest on the survey could chime in.
        Thanks

Comment

• boxerbay
          • Jul 2014

Oh Really? Unichip is just a box and is only as good as the map it's running. You shouldn't really simplify it they way you are. It's like saying all PC's are the same. Its the same PC hardware therefore same output regardless of what software is running on it. I hope you dont think this market segment is that gullible. You might want to rethink that approach. Would be nice if someone ran them side by side for comparison. Maybe you can send me you to demo? haha.
          sigpic
          2012 Abarth Grigio, sunroof, red leather, red mirrors, carbon fiber stripe, Fly1 CF Lip and skirt, XXR 550 17x8.25 19mm w/ 195/40/17, SR48 Stud, R1 Rotors, EBC reds, ATM HCI, ATM FMIC, EC/HPSI Unichip II, PTP turbo blanket, GFB/DV+, Norcal SS DP, J-Pipe 2.25, MPX Axleback, BC Coilovers, Neu-f 28mm rear bar, 3M Crystalline tint, HID 6500K + 3000K.

Comment

• EliRider
            UniChip Enthusiast
            Lifetime Member
            • Mar 2012

This is a fair question. And the reason I wanted to do the survey. There is a large base of very happy UniChip customers with proven performance. And the Q4 makes it even better.

It just turns out that one of the survey responses was from EC that of course they choose a different direction mid-stream for different business purposes.

Since I'm just helping with the group buy... and if I had to perform 10 different dyno pulls - the price of the group buy would have to be increased considerably. I do not see the value in doing this on a proven platform that has gone through considerable number of dynos already.

As for the flash community, they still have to prove they can out perform the UniChip. For those who want the HPSI tune can still make the additional investment to purchase from EC. However the maps provided by UniChip directly - there will be no additional markup for and will provide all the power you need with our current setup. This is what is great about the UniChip is that you can dial it in to meet your needs.

UniChip is still the one to beat, in my opinion. And we have UniChip NA here to support us.

Originally posted by Kevin
            Based on the current Unichip interest survey, my interest is waning.
            I am curious as to why the percentage of people NOT interested is so high.
            Is it the fact that they are happy with their current piggyback, or waiting for more feedback on the new EuroDrive?
            Perhaps someone who specifically spent the time to state their non-interest on the survey could chime in.
            Thanks

Custom CAI / Intercooler
            Bilsteins coil-overs
            EBC Red ceramic brakes

Comment

• EliRider
              UniChip Enthusiast
              Lifetime Member
              • Mar 2012

Comparing the UniChip to a PC is an unfair comparison. PC's have considerable amount of differences due to the various sku's from various vendors (CPU clock, memory speeds, disk speeds, various cache sizes, ...). It is my understanding the UniQ, Q+, Q4 are on the same platform with increasing levels of integration.

For a picture of a side by side comparison:

Ok, time to come clean… when I recently posted a thread about UniChip and a picture of my car on their web site, I was extremely excited. http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?13940-Unichip-joins-the-fray I could not contain myself since I was having an excellent experience with the first successful UniChip

I will discuss with Jack if the unlocked maps being developed for the group buy will be available for those already have Unichip products as it seems your profile indicates you are already a UniChip customer. Again, these maps are FREE. I'm excited to be releasing the UniQ4 as we should let the community to weigh in on it's newly added performance.

I will continue to share my experience with my daily driver that has been used to make the UniChip a viable product.

Originally posted by boxerbay
              Oh Really? Unichip is just a box and is only as good as the map it's running. You shouldn't really simplify it they way you are. It's like saying all PC's are the same. Its the same PC hardware therefore same output regardless of what software is running on it. I hope you dont think this market segment is that gullible. You might want to rethink that approach. Would be nice if someone ran them side by side for comparison. Maybe you can send me you to demo? haha.

Custom CAI / Intercooler
              Bilsteins coil-overs
              EBC Red ceramic brakes

Comment

• boxerbay
                • Jul 2014

Actually im not a unichip customer. Ive never purchased anything from unichip. I bought a performance map from ec/hpsi. The unichip box is what connects the software to the ecu. I dont buy boxes i buy performance software.

Ps i updated my signature to clarify. Perhaps that is my problem. The way you are generalizing as if all unis are the same or as you say better without any synos or head to head comparisons. I also don't like the fact that your also calling it the same as in stage 2. ?? It doesnt help the community all this vagueness and similarities.
                Last edited by boxerbay; 02-11-2015, 05:51 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

• EliRider
                  UniChip Enthusiast
                  Lifetime Member
                  • Mar 2012

Ordering Window: 2/11/2015 thru 2/17/2015

UPDATE: CONGRATS WE HAVE REACHED TIER LEVEL B (15% discount) PRICING

Thank you for interest in this new UniChip development! I’m excited to provide 2 unique product offerings to the Fiat 500 USA Forum Community;

1) UniChip Q, the industry leading performance boost add-on module
                  2) UniChip Q4, the latest and greatest module that includes tuning map controlled throttle manipulation

At this time, Fiat 500 Abarth models (2012 and beyond), with manual shift is supported.

Note: There is a path for existing UniChip Q modules in the field to support the Q4 throttle modification based on community interest. See the end of this group buy notice for details.

KIT PRICING (represents second tier level pricing that represents a 15% off MSRP, not including shipping and handling)

Larger tiered quantity discounts will be available should the unit orders exceed 10 units sold with discounts that correspond 20%. The kits will include the module of choice (Q or Q4), PnP module harness, 2-Way map selector switch and 2 open/unlocked maps (Stage 1 and Stage 2 direct from UniChip NA). Ten additional incremental performance maps that adjust tuning strength and throttle response are available at no additional cost.

There is a 20% discount for the optional 5-Way map selector switch and map download cable during this group buy period.
                  USB to UniChip Cable $45 (discounted to $36)
                  5-Way Map Selection Switch $75 (discounted to $60)

PRODUCT FULFILLMENT AND SUPPORT:

Order fulfillment and shipping will be handled directly by UniChip NA and not a third party.
                  The UniChip kits will begin shipping the week the GB closes; kits will ship on a first come first serve basis.

Note: typical ground shipping cost ranges from $25-30 in the continental US

I’m glad to be supporting the Abarth community with this fantastic product. To participate in the Group Buy, you will need to submit a minimum $200 deposit.

For information regarding this group buy, you can email [email protected]. The same email can be used to make your deposit via PayPal.

GROUP BUY TIER C: 11-20+ member orders (reflects 20% discount off MSRP)

UniChip Q ($476 + shipping)
                  UniChip Q4 ($516 + shipping)

Note: This is the first time I've organized a group buy so please be patient with me as I continue my UniChip Adventure with our Fiat community.

SPECIAL UNICHIP THROTTLE BOOST UPGRADE PROGRAM

For existing UniChip Q4 customers, your PnP module harness can be easily upgraded to support the throttle manipulation feature for a small fee.

For existing UniChip Q and Q+ customers there is a path for upgrade, UniChip can offer a standalone Throttle Booster Module which is added to an existing PnP kit to provide the same throttle manipulation offered with the Q4 without having to purchase a new UniQ module. This upgrade works with all UniQ and UniQ+ versions.

Jack will be committed to provide such an option should there be interest. And would prioritize this offering after the GB window is closed. I'm also happy to use my car setup to support the development. The main advantage with the Q4 is that it is a single module and supports the ability to easily adjust the tuning strength. Developing maps for the stand alone throttle boost module will be straight forward that will leverage the work that was done on the Q4.

The cost would be in the $100 range (possibly less) that would include the module, PnP harness modification and map development. You would have to send Jack your UniChip Q with PnP Harness for the upgrade.

For additional details, you can email Jack at UniChip NA. I will be posting additional details on this forum.
                  Last edited by EliRider; 02-13-2015, 09:58 AM.

Custom CAI / Intercooler
                  Bilsteins coil-overs
                  EBC Red ceramic brakes

Comment

• EliRider
                    UniChip Enthusiast
                    Lifetime Member
                    • Mar 2012

I'll have Jack respond regarding the warranty question. This is what is on the UniChip website.

UniChip has developed all of the maps that will be included with this offering. I've been testing various "tuning strengths" in finding the best combination and happy to share my experience to those who participate in this group buy.

Originally posted by AssettoTributo
                    Hello. So I'm looking at tuning options. What's the warranty on these units? You say the units have open maps? Who makes the open maps, you or Unichip?
                    Last edited by EliRider; 02-15-2015, 08:26 AM.

Custom CAI / Intercooler
                    Bilsteins coil-overs
                    EBC Red ceramic brakes

Comment

• EliRider
                      UniChip Enthusiast
                      Lifetime Member
                      • Mar 2012

It is highly recommended that tuning should be performed by experts. However I have experimented with adjusting "tuning strengths" of any given map. I will publish the range of "tuning strengths" that works for me. For those that had the TMC boost module, it's similar to turning the 9 position switch that provided 4% tuning strength power increments.

A good feature of the UniChip is that the OEM PCM does have some built in safeguards which may trigger engine check faults to protect your engine. However, one should use caution.

There will be a good number of maps to choose from. The rule of thumb, there is no need to personally tune maps. All that I am saying is that the maps are capable of fine tuning with someone that is knowledgeable in this area without worrying about if the map is locked.

Thank you for the response. So if the maps are open, wouldn't this leave room for someone to tinker with the maps? I'm not an expert in software or tuning but If I played around with settings, could I blow up my engine or is there a safety feature that prevents that? Do you have dynos ready to show?

Custom CAI / Intercooler
                      Bilsteins coil-overs
                      EBC Red ceramic brakes

Comment

• EliRider
                        UniChip Enthusiast
                        Lifetime Member
                        • Mar 2012

Reminder - please contact me if you are interested in participating in the group buy...

You can email [email protected] for details

KIT PRICING (represents second tier level pricing that represents a 15% off MSRP, not including shipping and handling)

Custom CAI / Intercooler
                        Bilsteins coil-overs
                        EBC Red ceramic brakes

Comment

• EliRider
                          UniChip Enthusiast
                          Lifetime Member
                          • Mar 2012

Jack will take care of any warranty. None of the modules reported to have issues were faulty.

Jack had a small handful of harnesses that failed and all were replaced that I know of. Less than 10 harnesses out of over 200+ is a small percentage.

By UniChip NA involved, this removes the third party handling. I'm involved to help with facilitating our forums group buy.

Thanks for the info. The web site just talks about the car warranty , not the unit. I'm just concerned about all the issues that cropped up for people who have them or sold them. If something goes wrong do we send it back to you or Unichip?

Custom CAI / Intercooler
                          Bilsteins coil-overs
                          EBC Red ceramic brakes

Comment

• EliRider
                            UniChip Enthusiast
                            Lifetime Member
                            • Mar 2012

Spoke with Jack regarding the warranty.

One year parts and labor. The complete warranty is on the website.

Custom CAI / Intercooler
                            Bilsteins coil-overs
                            EBC Red ceramic brakes

Comment

• EliRider
                              UniChip Enthusiast
                              Lifetime Member
                              • Mar 2012

NEW DEVELOPMENT: Ordering Window Extended thru: 2/24/2015

We are at Tier 2 pricing discount but inching closer to the Tier 3 pricing discount, I have been authorized to extend our Group Buy thru 2/24! I want to thank everyone who has indicated interest in the new developments with UniChip. Gentle Reminder - please contact me to secure your position in the group buy...

For those of you that already signed up, I will be contacting you shortly

You can email [email protected] for details.

Last edited by EliRider; 02-17-2015, 12:12 PM.

Custom CAI / Intercooler
                              Bilsteins coil-overs
                              EBC Red ceramic brakes

Comment