bursa escort beylikdüzü escort bursa escort istanbul escort istanbul escort escort mersin escort kayseri bursa escort bayan kocaeli escort atasehir escort bayan escort bursa bursa escort bursa escort banko tahmin porno
izmir escort antalya escort izmir escort porno porno izle bursa escort escort izmir escort bursa escort izmir escort
Bluetooth Audio in pre 2015 Abarth that works with steering wheel controls
500 Madness
 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Bluetooth Audio in pre 2015 Abarth that works with steering wheel controls

  1. #1
    Senior Member dparnas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Danville, CA
    Posts
    195
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 50 Times in 33 Posts

    Bluetooth Audio in pre 2015 Abarth that works with steering wheel controls

    I've searched all the threads before posting and haven't found the answer I'm looking for, so giving it a try. I know you can get a bluetooth adapter you plug into the usb port for power and then plug into the aux port for output, but then you lose the ability to use the steering wheel controls to change the music. Why aren't there any bluetooth adapters that plug into the usb port for power and output? Is that not technologically possible? Seems like it should be. If not, how about something you plug into the usb port that does not require usb as a power source, perhaps just a battery that you can recharge separately?
    2016 500e
    2013 Abarth 500c, OFT Stage 2 tune
    1971 124 Spider 1608
    Car Blog http://danspassionforcars.blogspot.com/

  2. #2
    Lifetime Member Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Philly Suburbs
    Posts
    170
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 67 Times in 38 Posts
    I do not think it has anything to do with the adapter it is more a function of the unit in the Abarth. Example just about every one of my cars has streaming audio through my phone, though only my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee shows the song title and allows you to use all the controls on the steering wheel.

  3. #3
    Member NoTec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    93
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbreeze View Post
    I do not think it has anything to do with the adapter it is more a function of the unit in the Abarth. Example just about every one of my cars has streaming audio through my phone, though only my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee shows the song title and allows you to use all the controls on the steering wheel.
    I agree. And to the OP, you aren't missing much with the 2015 bluetooth audio either. It is without a doubt the absolute worst factory Bluetooth I have ever used.

  4. #4
    Senior Member dparnas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Danville, CA
    Posts
    195
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Thanks. I called Crutchfield, as the reps there always seem to have good input. They said the same thing. Said it had to do with the protocol from the Abarth usb input and head unit and that it could not recognize a USB bluetooth adapter for audio controls. Oh well, even if I had something like that I'd still need to have my iPhone plugged in for charging anyway, so no big deal, it was more out of curiosity about why it wasn't available.
    2016 500e
    2013 Abarth 500c, OFT Stage 2 tune
    1971 124 Spider 1608
    Car Blog http://danspassionforcars.blogspot.com/

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi NoTec

    What is wrong with the bluetooth music streaming in the Fiats 2015+ ?? or why is the worst factory bluetooth you have used?

    Regards

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    You could probably just buy a used 2015+ radio on ebay for $1xx and swap that in vs using an adapter.
    Last edited by Julien; 01-11-2019 at 05:50 PM.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Columbus GA
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lord_scarl View Post
    Hi NoTec

    What is wrong with the bluetooth music streaming in the Fiats 2015+ ?? or why is the worst factory bluetooth you have used?

    Regards
    The whole blue and me system pretty much has a mind of its own. It'll work when it wants to and it'll stop when it doesn't want to work.
    On mine now, the bluetooth streaming will decide to work some days and some days it won't. the Menu button on the steering wheel to control blue and me doesn't work.
    Voice control also will only work time to time ... what else ... I can only dial from my phone since voice control won't recognize me saying "dial (person or number)" but I can answer ... sometimes.
    The only way to fix it (as far as I know) is to go to a dealership and do Proxi Configuration (update) and Proxi Alignment.
    3rd party shops apparently can only do the latter part which makes the problem come back.
    I also heard that the dealership will charge around 200 dollars or more to finish the job.

    Refer to TSB 08-049-15 REV. A
    Attached Files Attached Files

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julien View Post
    You could probably just buy a used 2015+ radio on ebay for $1xx and swap that in vs using an adapter.
    But with the 2015+ radio is good enough or the blue&me module is also need (unitil I know this are 2 different devices)

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koreanadian View Post
    The whole blue and me system pretty much has a mind of its own. It'll work when it wants to and it'll stop when it doesn't want to work.
    On mine now, the bluetooth streaming will decide to work some days and some days it won't. the Menu button on the steering wheel to control blue and me doesn't work.
    Voice control also will only work time to time ... what else ... I can only dial from my phone since voice control won't recognize me saying "dial (person or number)" but I can answer ... sometimes.
    The only way to fix it (as far as I know) is to go to a dealership and do Proxi Configuration (update) and Proxi Alignment.
    3rd party shops apparently can only do the latter part which makes the problem come back.
    I also heard that the dealership will charge around 200 dollars or more to finish the job.

    Refer to TSB 08-049-15 REV. A
    This TSB things, should not be free?? is not the same than a recall ??

  10. #10
    Amministratore Fiat500USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    11,306
    Thanks
    6,099
    Thanked 5,764 Times in 3,386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lord_scarl View Post
    This TSB things, should not be free?? is not the same than a recall ??
    The TSB is just a bulletin to let the tech and service/parts departments know that if they see a car with the issue described there is information on what to do. Note, not all cars have the issues described in TSBs. If the car is under warranty and you have the issue described, the fix is normally covered. If you are out of warranty, then it isn't covered. This is standard operating procedure in the auto industry.
    Enjoy the Forum, or has it helped? Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!


    abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2015 Abarth Bluetooth Audio streaming not working!
    By jgriffter in forum Blue and Me
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-11-2017, 05:44 PM
  2. WTB: Steering wheel controls
    By trevc in forum Parts For Sale
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-19-2014, 09:39 AM
  3. Steering wheel audio controls?
    By vger105 in forum Fiat 500L
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-15-2013, 06:17 PM
  4. Abarth ipod/steering wheel controls
    By FiatCares in forum Fiat500USA.com Articles and Story Comments
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-23-2012, 11:28 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2012, 05:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •