Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

I might check a parts listing first, especially if a Fiat dealer isn't close by. This diagram shows the door and latch mechanism. (You might want to change...

Alfa is self destructing into incompetency. They are going all in on EV just as the market for them crashes. The Tonale is a failure. It is like $10k...

I've been eyeing the t4 from 500madness except for three issues 1- I can't find anyone anywhere that has it to review 2- they don't give enough technical...

Winter ATM Intercooler Group Buy-Keep the COLD!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikeb0916
    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by CFAQ
    hummm i have a problem i try do a deposite but paypal tell me this, i want use my credit cart !!! Sorry, the recipient does not accept payments made with this payment method. Please choose another one - why can deposit with my credit card ??
    Not sure. I just paid them the remainder of my money while it is in my account before I spent it on something else. Used a credit card for points, and had no issues sending them money. You can either try removing the card from paypal and add it back and try again, or call the issuing bank and see if there is some hold of some sort on it.

Or it could be none of the above and just a random paypal issue.

Comment

• CFAQ
      Banned
      • Feb 2015

i have money on my card it not a problem !! i think it a setting in ATM accoutn !!!

Comment

• TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management
        • Feb 2012

i have money on my card it not a problem !! i think it a setting in ATM accoutn !!!
        If you have an active PayPal account with the card attached to it its should work, there is absolutely nothing on our end that can affect your ability to pay. When you attempt to pay change your funding source from your bank acct to your credit card!
        Nero Abarth in the driveway!
        Ambient Thermal Management
        Performance & Tuning

Comment

• CFAQ
          Banned
          • Feb 2015

i have do this but the same message !! i don't know why
          Originally posted by TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management
          If you have an active PayPal account with the card attached to it its should work, there is absolutely nothing on our end that can affect your ability to pay. When you attempt to pay change your funding source from your bank acct to your credit card!

Comment

• Feb 2012

i have do this but the same message !! i don't know why
            Please contact PayPal and see if they can figure out the issue.
            Performance & Tuning

Comment

• TEM
              • Mar 2014

PayPals new web page doesn't work for whatever reason, if you look around there's a use the old page button and funds send just fine. .02

Comment

• ewflyer
                • Mar 2012

I sent my $100 deposit by PayPal over a week ago and I have a receipt to prove it, however I haven't seen any change to the listing in this thread of people who have paid either deposits or full. Just wondering if my PayPal deposit has been overlooked.

Comment

• mikeb0916
                  • Aug 2014

Originally posted by ewflyer
                  I sent my $100 deposit by PayPal over a week ago and I have a receipt to prove it, however I haven't seen any change to the listing in this thread of people who have paid either deposits or full. Just wondering if my PayPal deposit has been overlooked.
                  Just shoot TurboBullett a PM and he will straighten that out. I bet it was a simple oversight.

Comment

• motoraway
                    • Aug 2012

Looks like we need just 1 more to get over the hump! Let's see if we can get this done and maybe ATM will update us on production and possible ship dates!
                    2012 Fiat 500 Abarth - Bianco - aka "Sally"
                    Magneti Marelli ECM, Power Pedal & Wheels
                    EuroComp CAI v4
                    Craven Speed Abarth Shift Knob & Stubby Antenna
                    H & R Sport Springs & Wheel Spacers (5mm front / 15mm rear)
                    MPx Throttle Body & Rear Axle Back Exhaust
                    Madico 20% Tint
                    Road Race Heat Shield & Corsa Chassis Braces
                    CPR Lower Brace Bar
                    NeuF Rear Torsion Bar
                    Moroso Air-Oil Separator
                    Go Fast Bits DV
                    ATM FMIC
                    AAD Short Shifter

Comment

• mikeb0916
                      • Aug 2014

I'm hoping to have it latest March 19-24, it would give me some time before I go up to the dragon with the s2k guys

Comment

• mrhoopy
                        • Mar 2013

And now we are in the lowest bracket. Deposit sent!!! TE
                        Last edited by mrhoopy; 02-28-2015, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• CFAQ
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2015

New on when ready to ship ??
                          Last edited by CFAQ; 03-03-2015, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• Feb 2012

***updated list as of 3/5/15, we also have ONLY 4 onspoken for ram air kits until our next GB so if anyone wants to do both installs at the same time you can send a deposit in(look at 1st post on ram air GB thread for deposit info)

This is the official Winter 2015 ATM FMIC Group Buy. We are starting the GB at our lowest GB price of $799 and offering tiered discounts for larger quantities. The intercoolers are in production and will be ready to ship in a few weeks. We will start shipping them out on a first come first shipped basis as the units come in.

If you want to join the Group Buy simply paypal us a $100 deposit and pay this account:
                            [email protected]

Shipping and Handling Rates are:
                            East USA-$45
                            Central USA-Ohio to the Rockies-$54
                            Western USA-$63

Eastern Canada-$60
                            Central Canada-$65
                            Western Canada-$70

Group buy pricing is as follows:
                            -1-4 $799 + shipping
                            -5-9 $775 + shipping
                            -10+ $749+ shipping

Group Buy Pricing $799
                            1. JS-paid deposit
                            2. KM-paid deposit
                            3. RP-paid deposit
                            4. PR/IND-paid deposit
                            Price cut to $775
                            5. MB-paid in full
                            6. JT-paid deposit
                            7. JD-paid deposit
                            8. RR-paid in full
                            9. WH-paid deposit
                            Price cut to $749
                            10. TE-paid deposit
                            11. MQ-paid deposit
                            12. CC-paid deposit
                            13. CS-paid deposit

Pics of the new Sandblasted finish with polished Ambient Thermal Management logo. Very upscale look and will fare the elements better!

Multidimensional Intercooling:
                            Prior to our original stepped core designs for the Helix BMW and Mini; you had the option to either go taller or thicker with the cores. In our design process, we measured the captive areas in the front of the bumper in both depth and height. We went about designing an intercooler that took up all of this area in multiple planes. We also designed the intercooler to sit against the factory heat exchangers, so the radiator fan could still draw ambient air through the core when the vehicle is stopped or in low speed situations. The end result is an intercooler with 66% more frontal area as well as 81% more core volume than stock.

Now about the core:
                            Since we custom spec'd the core to this application, we were not constrained to an off the shelf core in regards to ambient and internal fin count. The core in the ATM FMIC is a single unit stacked up to our specifications regarding to ambient row height, charge row height, internal fin count, and external fin count. Since our core has more volume, we could increase the internal fin count and remove more temperature while still meeting the targeted air flow with minimal pressure drop for this application. As you see by the AIT and pressure drop data logs(below) the intercooler works amazingly well.
                            ATM fmic Weld and bullnose detail.jpg

Another Design feature to our core is the use of half round header bars on the ambient face and in the charge side of the core. These half round bars help to direct airflow with less restriction though the core to the radiator. The rounded header bars also offer less pressure drop across the core. This is due to the charge air not having to find its direction into the core nor fight flat surfaces (laminar airflow)!
                            helix fin:bar closeup.jpg

Endtank Design:

All endtanks are not created equal. Air likes to flow in a smooth curved radius and as you can see the ATM FMIC has casted rounded endtanks . Another thing you will notice is we opted not to utilize any of the factory Plumbing. Our reasoning was simple; the factory plumbing is THE flow restriction in the charge side as they have many diameter and direction changes, unnecessary volume as well as a plethora of potential leak points.

System Volumes:
                            ATM FMIC with efficient and direct low volume charge pipes. 1300 ml total charge pipe volume 64% less volume than stock

ATM FMIC Kit 2.jpg

Factory IC system, indirect high volume charge charge pipes with a multitude of direction chages and potential leak points. 3570ml total charge pipe volume
                            Abarth factory intercoolers.jpg

We collected this information by filling a measuring cup with water to 1000ml (1 Liter) then filling the individual pieces with the water. I lightly shook the components to remove air pockets. I did not include areas of overlap such as hoses over endtanks. I accounted for the volume only once on the hose portion and not the endtank neck. I took these measurements twice to ensure accuracy.

The factory is about 1700ml per intercooler (1700 x 2 = 3400ml), 1750ml for the hot side charge pipe, and 1820ml for the cold side charge pipe. In total its approximately 6970-7000ml.

The ATM Intercooler is 3200ml + Cold Side chargepipe 800ml + Hot side chargepipe 500ml = 4500ml. That's 2.5 liters less volume than the factory system.

You're probably wondering why the ATM core that is suppose to be larger has a lower internal volume. What you have to remember is that the factory intercoolers have a total of 4 endtanks where the ATM FMIC reduces it to two entanks. Also we have a pretty high internal fin density in the charge rows.

Our silicone starts right at the turbo outlet, to the intercooler, and from the intercooler to the plastic TIP sensor housing.

Datalogs:
                            The factory system has A LOT of plumbing which adds lag and pressure drop. The pressure drop requires the turbo to work harder by producing more pressure to hit the target boost and this causes a higher turbo charger outlet temperature further decreasing the intercooler system's effectiveness. You can see on the first datalog how the turbo outlet temps damn near maxed out the upper limits of our sensor. **SIDE NOTE: pressure and temperature have a somewhat linear relationship in air. As pressure increases, so does temperature. As temperature decreases, so does pressure (PV=nRT). If an intercooler is efficient at decreasing temperature it may appear as though it is not efficient at flowing air (low pressure drop). This is due to the congruent decrease in air pressure as the air is cooled. It is hard to quantify how much of the pressure drop is due to temperature reduction and how much is due to airflow restriction because the air pressure and temperature changes exist in the same vessel (system) at the same time.** One other BIG disadvantage is boost drop off. Because the factory intercooler system requires the turbo to work harder, the turbo runs out of steam sooner. You can see in the second (standing start) data log how the boost drops off (especially in 4th gear). A efficient flowing intercooler will keep the turbo in it's efficiency range longer. The factory cores are light and can not "bank" cold temperature. As a result they heat soak quickly but also recover quickly. We watched the post intercooler temps raise a a traffic light until it was the same temp as the pre intercooler temperature. This process didn't take long. Once moving the temps started to reduce but not as quickly as I'd prefer, but then again I'd prefer them not to raise in the first place. Another cause for this is the positioning of the intercoolers at the side of the car vs. in front of the radiator fans. If it were a FMIC, the radiator fans could assist in flowing air over core at idling or slow speed scenarios.

Stock 30-80mph X 3 & ATM 30-80mph X 3, 78 degree ambient temp on both runs

STOCK: 1-4 gear & ATM Intercooler: 1-4 gear standing start, 78 degree ambient temp on both runs

Independent testing and comments on the Ambient Thermal Management FMIC:
                            "I'm beyond impressed. the silicon hoses fit perfectly the first time. the clamps are high quality(never used clamps like this before i like them a lot). the size difference between the new piping and the oem is night and day. much larger volume, and no bizarre transitions in diameter.
                            as for the intercooler itself, the welds are a work of art. love the design of the end tanks. the intercooler itself fits perfectly snug right below the crash support. its obviously a lot of time went into making sure it all fit proper.
                            this is by far the best quality intercooler i have ever bought. better than my evo, lotus, noble."
                            -Jjm4Life

Install:
                            Requires NO cutting,removal and/or permanent modification other than drilling a 9/64" hole for upper FMIC mount
                            Utilizes factory mounting points- Yes

Design:
                            More core volume than stock- Yes 81%(factory ICs are 248/ci combined, ATM is 450/ci)
                            More Ambient face than stock- Yes 66%(factory Ics are 99.4 sq/in combined, ATM is 165 sq/in)
                            More charge rows than stock(12 on 1st pass and 10 on 2nd pass combined)- Yes 14
                            Less charge pipe volume than stock-Yes 64% less volume
                            Bar and Plate construction- Yes with half round bars
                            Removes restrictive stock plumbing - Yes
                            Sits closely to factory exchangers so air is drawn through when car is not in motion- Yes
                            Weight of the Intercooling systems-Factory 20lbs with most of weight in the plumbing, ATM 19lbs with most of the weight in the Intercooler

***The datalogs and information shared on this thread is the intellectual property of ATM and may NOT be used without the expressed written permission of ATM***
                            Last edited by TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management; 03-14-2015, 11:30 AM.
                            Performance & Tuning

Comment

• Klasse Act
                              • Apr 2014

Looking forward to getting mine and having it installed as soon as the weather breaks!
                              2013 500 Abarth/Nero metallic...traded in.

Comment

• mikeb0916
                                • Aug 2014

I'm hoping they get shipped out by the end of next week

Comment