Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Edit to my post: This morning the car felt like it was misfiring as the low pressure warning flashed on again. I'm definitely going to have to avoid driving...

I see tons of Alfas around here, but I live near wealthy East Coast enclaves. Stevios are especially popular....

For item one, check the gas cap. There is an O-ring that gets brittle with age. Generally a squirt of lithium grease or something similar will refresh...

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Questions for the Fiat 500X Team

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    • Jun 2011

It is nice that we can go to a dealership and order the car, however, I don't know how many people would order a vehicle they never drove. Is there a chance that dealers will get at least one vehicle to test drive before all the cars arrive? Also, it must be a marketing strategy to withold the X as Jeep dealerships are already receiving the Renegade that comes off the same assembly line in Italy.. Finally, will the first cars be prima or special editions with special packages or pricing?----Chris, thanks for all your work and for this great site!

Comment

• wnyfiat
      • Apr 2015

Why no manual transmission?
      Very serious of purchase of X, purchased L in Nov, disappointed that Fiat missed the winter market for new X. Could not wait but maybe in fall.

Comment

• Fiat500USA
        Amministratore
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Terry
        It is nice that we can go to a dealership and order the car, however, I don't know how many people would order a vehicle they never drove. Is there a chance that dealers will get at least one vehicle to test drive before all the cars arrive? Also, it must be a marketing strategy to withold the X as Jeep dealerships are already receiving the Renegade that comes off the same assembly line in Italy.. Finally, will the first cars be prima or special editions with special packages or pricing?----Chris, thanks for all your work and for this great site!
        Hi Terry! Great to hear from you and thanks for the kind words!

The Jeep began US production before the 500X. The US 500X began being assembled around February 18. Dealers that I know are getting 5 cars in a preliminary shipment with more to follow. You are correct that not many people will buy before driving. Of course, some of us Prima owners did just that! LOL. For the hardcore Fiat enthusiasts out there, they can buy a car off of the preliminary list. That's my plan at least. I'll be driving one soon but can't really say too much right now.

Dealers will eventually get their preliminary cars, which folks can test drive, and then the dealers can find a car a customer wants from the allotment pools located across the country.

Check this story out I did in February, it gives some of the preliminary time frames of when to expect cars. Again, I'll have more info coming very shortly when I am allowed to say it.

Fiat 500X US Production Beginning
        Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
        fiat 500 forum signature
        abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• Fiat500USA
          Amministratore
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by wnyfiat
          Why no manual transmission?
          Very serious of purchase of X, purchased L in Nov, disappointed that Fiat missed the winter market for new X. Could not wait but maybe in fall.
          Here is why no manual transmissions as told to me by the person in charge. First, Americans sadly don't buy them. Manual transmission take rate is something like 7 %. Also, very few cars in this segment have a manual trans, so that doesn't help.

Then there is the problem of logistics. One of the issues is that there is a constriction on combining all sorts of different options because the car is made so far away. You cannot special order a 500X. What they do is build cars with packages and have them ready made sitting at depots. Why is this? Because all the cars for 80 + countries are going to be made in one factory, so that means waiting lists, plus once a car is built there is a long boat ride to get here. This is one of the reasons there are no manual transmission cars other than the Pop. They cannot waste any space on the ship, at the port, or at the depots for something with limited market appeal.

My thought: Maybe one day this will change, but for right now when they are starting up, this is what we have.

fiat 500 forum signature
          abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• Andree
            Chief Car Looker Upperer
            Lifetime Member
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Fiat500USA
            Here is why no manual transmissions as told to me by the person in charge. First, Americans sadly don't buy them. Manual transmission take rate is something like 7 %. Also, very few cars in this segment have a manual trans, so that doesn't help.

Then there is the problem of logistics. One of the issues is that there is a constriction on combining all sorts of different options because the car is made so far away. You cannot special order a 500X. What they do is build cars with packages and have them ready made sitting at depots. Why is this? Because all the cars for 80 + countries are going to be made in one factory, so that means waiting lists, plus once a car is built there is a long boat ride to get here. This is one of the reasons there are no manual transmission cars other than the Pop. They cannot waste any space on the ship, at the port, or at the depots for something with limited market appeal.

My thought: Maybe one day this will change, but for right now when they are starting up, this is what we have.
            I think it's a good idea for starting out with the 500x. They've added transmissions before, like adding the stick to the Lounge 500 that originally only came in an automatic.

And I remember someone wanting a Lounge with the Abarth engine, which is pretty darn close to what could be found on the GQ Abarth.

They've added the different true automatic to the 500L line.

So, just because it comes out one way, it's not necessarily going to stay that way forever in the future. Starting off with the automatic will allow anyone to drive the vehicle. Anywhere in the world.

Get it out there. Get it seen. See where and how it catches on. See what is preferred of all the various models and trims.

Fiat has such an interesting customer base. You never know who is going to buy one, who you're going to see in a Fiat. Doesn't seem to matter much who they advertise to, or what their ads even mean, the cars sell to people who like the cars, despite the advertising.

So just like the 500 and 500L, we'll have even more people joining in the Fiat family. Will those people later want a stick shift? Will Fiat bring a stick to perhaps their Pop 500x model? And let that be the car folks end up tricking out, since it will have the Abarth engine? Maybe. We'll just have to wait and see.
            I'm a woman. W-O-M-A-N
            Love to help people look for the Fiat they want.
            That's why I call myself "Chief Car Looker Upperer"

Comment

• Fiat500USA
              Amministratore
              • Feb 2011

Now is the time to get me your questions about the Fiat 500X. This is a great opportunity, so don't miss it! Thanks!

fiat 500 forum signature

Comment

• Andree
                Chief Car Looker Upperer
                Lifetime Member
                • Dec 2012

Now is the time to get me your questions about the Fiat 500X. This is a great opportunity, so don't miss it! Thanks!
                But I don't have any questions. Just a couple of complaints about not matching the interior with the dash on the Easy and the Lounge. That chaps my hide. And yes, it would be enough to make me not buy either one.

The dash doesn't match the seats!
                I'm a woman. W-O-M-A-N

Comment

• Terry
                  • Jun 2011

Chris, one more question for you to pose for the team: Any plans for a power rear lift gate? -My wife, at 5ft2 found it hard to reach the rear hatch on the L and we fear it may be a similar result on the X. Thanks much!

Comment

• Andree
                    Chief Car Looker Upperer
                    Lifetime Member
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Terry
                    Chris, one more question for you to pose for the team: Any plans for a power rear lift gate? -My wife, at 5ft2 found it hard to reach the rear hatch on the L and we fear it may be a similar result on the X. Thanks much!
                    Yes! I'd be all for that. I'm a wee bit taller, but that's not my problem, it's that my shoulder is getting worse...and my arms are often laden after grabbing my bags. I can carry the lighter bags, but it's hard to reach up that high while holding the lighter bags. It would be an excellent option for those of us who are disabled or in body pain!
                    I'm a woman. W-O-M-A-N

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                      Amministratore
                      • Feb 2011

Hi everybody, reminder that now*is the time to get me your questions about the Fiat 500X. Meeting tonight and tomorrow with the team so don't miss this opportunity! Thanks!

fiat 500 forum signature

Comment

• rustbucket
                        • May 2013

Hi everybody, reminder that now*is the time to get me your questions about the Fiat 500X. Meeting tonight and tomorrow with the team so don't miss this opportunity! Thanks!
                        Will it come with extra blue pills in the glovebox?

On a more serious note- have mpg numbers been released? The similar powertrainwise Jeep Renegade (2.4L, 9 speed, 4wd) is rated 21/29 .... respectable but not class leading. Will the 500X do better? Mpg's are a pretty big selling point in this class and the Honda CR-V's 26/33 and the Subaru Forester's 24/32 are considerably better than the Renegade's mpg.
                        Last edited by rustbucket; 04-12-2015, 05:10 PM.
                        2018 FIAT 500 Abarth- manual, 17" wheels, sunroof, perla white tricoat, red leather, bone stock (for now) daily driver

2020 Ram 1500 4x4 Big Horn crew cab- 5.7L eTorque Hemi (mild hybrid), 3.92 rear axle, diamond black crystal pearl coat

2021 Harley-Davidson FLHR Road King, billiard red, RDRS

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                          Amministratore
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Andree
                          But I don't have any questions. Just a couple of complaints about not matching the interior with the dash on the Easy and the Lounge. That chaps my hide. And yes, it would be enough to make me not buy either one.

The dash doesn't match the seats!
                          On most cars except the Trekking, the dash will match the body color of the car, just like the 500! The website will reflect this shortly.

Here is some inside news. The configurator was set to go live in April, however, when the opportunity to advertise on the Super Bowl came, they had to put something up. They only had limited art work available and that is why you see the red dash with other color cars!
                          Fiat_500X_Press_Event (17)tt.jpg

fiat 500 forum signature

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                            Amministratore
                            • Feb 2011

Thanks for the questions for the Fiat 500X team. Here are some of the answers I know so far. A reminder for others is that I am flying out to meet the team in a few days. Please let me know if you have any questions and I'll see if I can get some answers for you.

1. Can we get a Diesel or multjet in the USA? - Good question. I'll ask! On the smaller 500, I was told a while ago and have posted that a diesel is not likely do to the cost of certifying it for sale in the US. Plus, there are already three power plants for the car (MultiAir, MultiAir Turbo and electric powered).
                            2. if we can get a diesel when can we we expect it? - See above.
                            3. what are the chances that we can get a 500x abarth? - I've asked this in November and followed up a few days ago. It doesn't seem likely. Why? An Abarth CUV is not in keeping with the heritage of the brand. Remember you heard it here first!
                            4. are you guys planing on offering performance parts at the dealerships if a customer wants his 500x to have more power? - Good Question!
                            5. if so when can we expect to see the parts at the dealerships? - See above
                            6. how long has Fiat been planing to make the 500x for the USA market? - Product planners have been working on this project for about 3 1/2 years.
                            7. have you guys had any funny reactions from "what a off roading Fiat? ? - Interesting question!
                            8. so what are you guys planing on doing for decals and stickers? - Yes, see this story: Fiat 500X by Mopar, and this one: Mopar Gears up Fiat 500X Accessories
                            9. as far as accessories , like that the Jeep cherokee and grand cherokee has are you guys as Fiat planing on selling the same or similar products? - I'll Ask!
                            10. what have you guys cones to make sure that the studios have enough stock? - I'll ask!

Originally posted by neubauerjoseph
                            well I will ask you as if I was talking to the 500x team. So I would like to know 10 questions.
                            1. Can we get a Diesel or multjet in the USA?
                            2. if we can get a diesel when can we we expect it?
                            3. what are the chances that we can get a 500x abarth?
                            4. are you guys planing on offering performance parts at the dealerships if a customer wants his 500x to have more power?
                            5. if so when can we expect to see the parts at the dealerships?
                            6. how long has Fiat been planing to make the 500x for the USA market?
                            7. have you guys had any funny reactions from "what a off roading Fiat? ?
                            8. so what are you guys planing on doing for decals and stickers?
                            9. as far as accessories , like that the Jeep cherokee and grand cherokee has are you guys as Fiat planing on selling the same or similar products?
                            10. what have you guys cones to make sure that the studios have enough stock?
                            OK, here are some answers that I received for the above questions.

1. Can we get a Diesel or multjet in the USA? -As in the answer I gave above. Not likely due to the cost at the moment.
                            2. if we can get a diesel when can we we expect it? - Never say never, though...
                            3. what are the chances that we can get a 500x abarth? - As above in the previous answer.
                            4. are you guys planing on offering performance parts at the dealerships if a customer wants his 500x to have more power? - That is a possibility that they will look into because the 500X shares much in common with the Renegade. There are currently more than 100 accessories that will be available around launch time.
                            5. if so when can we expect to see the parts at the dealerships? - See directly above.
                            6. how long has Fiat been planing to make the 500x for the USA market? - Product planners have been working on this project for about 3 1/2 years.
                            7. have you guys had any funny reactions from "what a off roading Fiat? ? - The 500X is designed to excel on-road with the excellent handling that you expect from a European car. The Renegade is more set up for off-road driving.
                            8. so what are you guys planing on doing for decals and stickers? - Yes, see this story: Fiat 500X by Mopar, and this one: Mopar Gears up Fiat 500X Accessories
                            9. as far as accessories , like that the Jeep cherokee and grand cherokee has are you guys as Fiat planing on selling the same or similar products? - Follow the links above to see what will be offered.
                            10. what have you guys done to make sure that the studios have enough stock? - The first shipment arrives next week. Dealers get them in about 4 weeks or so. Read this story and it will give you an idea about how they will be allocated: Fiat 500X US Production Beginning, Reserve Yours Today!

fiat 500 forum signature

Comment

• Andree
                              Chief Car Looker Upperer
                              Lifetime Member
                              • Dec 2012

On most cars except the Trekking, the dash will match the body color of the car, just like the 500! The website will reflect this shortly.

Here is some inside news. The configurator was set to go live in April, however, when the opportunity to advertise on the Super Bowl came, they had to put something up. They only had limited art work available and that is why you see the red dash with other color cars!
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]17425[/ATTACH]
                              Woo hoo! Yay! Whoopee! Huzzah! Such great news! The tan, with the tan dash, with the tan interior. Oooh. Ahhh. MUST. SEE. PHOTOS. This is WONDERFUL news. Thank you so much!
                              I'm a woman. W-O-M-A-N

Comment

• jdavenport21
                                • Oct 2015

Just bought my 500x about a week ago Love the car and saw the performance exhaust wish I could here it before buying it because I don't want my baby ferrari sound to go away but I do want it to be a little louder and I wish they had more performance parts for it. Like the 500x team said the x was built more for street than the renagade so why not give more street performance accessories like coil-overs or cold air intake or a performance chip? Love my car though just want to be able to customize the daylights out of it besides looks.

Comment