iddaa tahminleri banko tahmin gaziantep escort ankara escort ankara escort izmir escort antalya escort izmir escort porno porno izle bursa escort escort porno havalandirma sistemleri izmir escort bursa escort izmir escort izmir escort istanbul escort
Random pop durning idle
500 Madness
   
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Random pop durning idle

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Random pop durning idle

    I want to see if anyone has ever experienced this. After drives sometimes, and very intermittently during idle, I will feel/hear the engine slightly stumble. It doesn't happen every time I go for a drive but when it does, it happens whenever the car is idling for more than 4 seconds. When the pops occur the tach doesn't drop however you can feel it if you have your feet on the pedals. Also the engine slightly jerks. Drives completely fine however. Any ideas on what it is ? I almost never go on here so I apologize if it takes me a few tries to get the video up lmao. Anyways it's a very odd occurrence that's hard to explain.

    Car is a '12 abarth with an injen intake on it
    Last edited by Billkulis; 10-10-2014 at 02:31 PM.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Whenever I try to upload the video it says Invalid file. Ugh, damn technology

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Also I might throw out that it only started happening about a week ago !
    Last edited by Billkulis; 10-10-2014 at 02:31 PM.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Tweak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    11,901
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,505 Times in 2,055 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Billkulis View Post
    Whenever I try to upload the video it says Invalid file. Ugh, damn technology
    If you are trying to upload it here that is likely going to be too large a file. This should help though if you upload it to Youtube for example.

    http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showt...s-on-the-forum

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tweak For This Useful Post:

    Billkulis (10-11-2014)

  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweak View Post
    If you are trying to upload it here that is likely going to be too large a file. This should help though if you upload it to Youtube for example.

    http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showt...s-on-the-forum
    http://s46.photobucket.com/user/bill...xqnst.mp4.html

    Hmm did that work?
    Last edited by Tweak; 10-11-2014 at 06:41 PM.

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lexington,Ky
    Posts
    235
    Thanks
    133
    Thanked 54 Times in 43 Posts
    Do you think it might be related to the intake valve system adjusting to idle-shutting down the opening of the intake valves on the multi jet engine?

  8. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkG View Post
    Do you think it might be related to the intake valve system adjusting to idle-shutting down the opening of the intake valves on the multi jet engine?
    I'm going to completely level with you haha. I'm no where near close to a mechanic. Auto body yes but mechanical no way haha. So I somewhat understand what you're asking but not completely. All I know is that it hasn't done it before. Whenever the little pop occurs, it stumbles the engine. It has 27500 miles on it with the stock plugs. Could it be a slight misfire due to the plugs almost needing a change? There is no CEL btw

  9. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Well I took out the spark plugs. All was well until the last one I checked. Water or antifreeze got into it and the head is a little wet. Definitely taking it to the dealership and telling them what's up. Thankfully it's still got warranty. Here's pics of the bad cylinder vs a good one image.jpg
    image.jpg

    Perhaps a possible bad head gasket ?
    Last edited by Billkulis; 10-11-2014 at 11:46 AM.

  10. #9
    Super Moderator Tweak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    11,901
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,505 Times in 2,055 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Billkulis View Post
    Photobucket images embedding works fine but the video links I don't think embed but that link worked perfectly.

    (You can see where it says I edited it testing the embedding option...works best with YouTube for videos but links work fine as we can now listen to the issue(s).

    In 2 yrs my Abarth has never sounded like that I am sure, what it is I am however not certain.

    As for the two images above...I am betting the dirty one is on the far left if you are standing in front of the car looking at it right? Mine looks the same...the rest are spotless and shiny but that one looks like someone tossed a cup of oil and dirt in there. I think it is likely due to the oil fill being right next to it and it being on the end where it is able to get more debris collected.
    Last edited by Tweak; 10-11-2014 at 06:46 PM.

  11. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweak View Post
    Photobucket images embedding works fine but the video links I don't think embed but that link worked perfectly.

    (You can see where it says I edited it testing the embedding option...works best with YouTube for videos but links work fine as we can now listen to the issue(s).

    In 2 yrs my Abarth has never sounded like that I am sure, what it is I am however not certain.

    As for the two images above...I am betting the dirty one is on the far left if you are standing in front of the car looking at it right? Mine looks the same...the rest are spotless and shiny but that one looks like someone tossed a cup of oil and dirt in there. I think it is likely due to the oil fill being right next to it and it being on the end where it is able to get more debris collected.
    Damn you're good. Yup it's the farthest one to the passanger side. It was the last one I checked and nearly had a heart attack because of it haha. I'll ask about it when I get sound checked out but I'm glad Im not alone on it .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Random CEL
    By jjthegreat in forum Fiat 500 ABARTH Engine and Drivetrain Tuning
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-30-2014, 02:10 PM
  2. Idle
    By TimAllen in forum Fiat 500 ABARTH Issues and Concerns
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-02-2014, 02:19 PM
  3. Random Daily Specials.
    By NORCAL SS in forum NORCAL SS CUSTOMS
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-21-2013, 10:34 PM
  4. Few random questions
    By Trystane in forum Fiat 500L
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-04-2013, 08:10 PM
  5. Random drop in boost.
    By frank283 in forum Fiat 500 ABARTH Issues and Concerns
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-24-2013, 08:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •