Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

My new Trekking and friends.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FSTCS6
    • May 2014

We arrived in Vegas a few days ago and the Trekking behaved itself very well on the way down...my only gripe is that the drivers seat outer bolster felt like it was digging into my leg after a few hours behind the wheel...not unbearably so but noticeable.
    Beyond that we've been driving around in 40C+ weather and it hasn't missed a beat! The ride is very nice for long distance runs like this and, as with the Abarth, the fuel economy is improving as she breaks in.

Tomorrow we're pointing her towards CA so we can swing by the guys at Madness on Tuesday and pick up some goodies, hopefully they can find time to install the tow hitch we want if nothing else....CAI is also on the wish list and we'll have to listen to their custom exhaust on the shop 500L.
    Tired of being ignored - enjoy your clique.

Comment

• superchan7
      • Dec 2013

Sweet! That 600 looks like the body is in great shape. Is that also a single leaf spring like on the old 500?
      2007 Accord SE
      2014 500L Easy - Rosso Perla / Nero contrast roof, Rosso / Grigio interior, optional wheels
      1998 F355

Comment

• FSTCS6
        • May 2014

Originally posted by superchan7
        Sweet! That 600 looks like the body is in great shape. Is that also a single leaf spring like on the old 500?
        The body is rust free and as solid as anyone could ask for, a great starting point for sure. Front suspension is indeed a single, transverse mounted, leaf spring..simple engineering but up to the task it was designed for.

Comment

• FSTCS6
          • May 2014

Well folks the inevitable happened today......we spent way more than we intended at Madness despite the great deal they gave us, lol.

The trailer hitch is being drop shipped as it wasn't in stock, the CAI is on so the intake noise is pretty sweet, the windows received a 35 tint all around (for a light tint it did a great job of filtering out light and keeping the heat down inside the car), lowering springs went on as did 16mm wheel spacers all round so the Trekking sits a lot nicer though we've lost some of the softness of the ride and finally the stock resonator and muffler are gone leaving a new tip, Magnaflow resonator and an exhaust note much, much closer to the Abarth than we came down with .

Comment

• modular
            Premium Member
            • Oct 2013

What, no pics? All that and no pics? Jeez!
            If I was the Bandit Sally'd have 8 kids.

Comment

• Andree
              Chief Car Looker Upperer
              Lifetime Member
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by FSTCS6
              The body is rust free and as solid as anyone could ask for, a great starting point for sure. Front suspension is indeed a single, transverse mounted, leaf spring..simple engineering but up to the task it was designed for.
              There was a story on Jalopnik.com on the 600. From Monday. The top one is gorgeous. It looks a bit ivory with white walls, with ivory and light butterscotch interior. To die for.

There's an open top version at the bottom, seems to be the same color scheme. It really is something!

A Little Tribute To An Overshadowed Big Brother: The Fiat 600
              Right now, the most famous Fiat (at least in the US) is the Fiat 500. The 500 has become the iconic Fiat, the mascot of Fiat, and while it's certainly a car that earned that status, I've always felt that it's older big brother, the Fiat 600, never really got the credit it deserves. Let's try and fix that.
              I'm a woman. W-O-M-A-N
              Love to help people look for the Fiat they want.
              That's why I call myself "Chief Car Looker Upperer"

Comment

• Andree
                Chief Car Looker Upperer
                Lifetime Member
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by FSTCS6
                Well folks the inevitable happened today......we spent way more than we intended at Madness despite the great deal they gave us, lol.

The trailer hitch is being drop shipped as it wasn't in stock, the CAI is on so the intake noise is pretty sweet, the windows received a 35 tint all around (for a light tint it did a great job of filtering out light and keeping the heat down inside the car), lowering springs went on as did 16mm wheel spacers all round so the Trekking sits a lot nicer though we've lost some of the softness of the ride and finally the stock resonator and muffler are gone leaving a new tip, Magnaflow resonator and an exhaust note much, much closer to the Abarth than we came down with .
                Let us know when you've reached home and if you're still happy with the loss of softness for the ride. Long trips can take a toll, that normally wouldn't be a problem in around-town driving. It's a good try-out for the springs with distance driving!
                I'm a woman. W-O-M-A-N
                Love to help people look for the Fiat they want.
                That's why I call myself "Chief Car Looker Upperer"

Comment

• FSTCS6
                  • May 2014

Originally posted by modular
                  What, no pics? All that and no pics? Jeez!
                  Pics to follow once we are at a place where we can connect more than one device to wifi without an exorbitant fee. Lol

Comment

• FSTCS6
                    • May 2014

Originally posted by Andree
                    There was a story on Jalopnik.com on the 600. From Monday. The top one is gorgeous. It looks a bit ivory with white walls, with ivory and light butterscotch interior. To die for.

There's an open top version at the bottom, seems to be the same color scheme. It really is something!

A Little Tribute To An Overshadowed Big Brother: The Fiat 600
                    http://jalopnik.com/a-little-tribute...-fi-1628481937
                    A good article on the 600, they're absolutely correct that the Nuova 500 has overshadowed the 600 for a long time despite the 600 being a, technically at least, better car.

Originally posted by Andree
                    Let us know when you've reached home and if you're still happy with the loss of softness for the ride. Long trips can take a toll, that normally wouldn't be a problem in around-town driving. It's a good try-out for the springs with distance driving!
                    This why the stock springs are in the trunk right now, lol. If the ride is too tiring we'll take the springs all the way home and consider swapping them back...if we get most of the way there and decide it is ok to live with then we'll find a place to leave the OEM springs so we have less clutter at home.

In a short while we'll be pointing the Trekking NNE towards home. It's a long drive and a great comparison test from the run down last week.

Comment

• FSTCS6
                      • May 2014

I'll take better pics when we're home and the Trekking is cleaned up again but here's one as we were getting ready to pull out of Madness;

You can see the changed stance of the car.

Comment

• FSTCS6
                        • May 2014

Went for an oil change today since we were already at 6500kms and took the opportunity to play spot the difference...stock on the left, mine on the right;

New exhaust tip:

Comment

• FSTCS6
                          • May 2014

Forgot to add pics of the Injen CAI

Added for fun:

Comment

• tytotheler92
                            • Mar 2015

These things are really growing on me.

The lowering kit looks good man!

Comment