Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Edit to my post: This morning the car felt like it was misfiring as the low pressure warning flashed on again. I'm definitely going to have to avoid driving...

I see tons of Alfas around here, but I live near wealthy East Coast enclaves. Stevios are especially popular....

For item one, check the gas cap. There is an O-ring that gets brittle with age. Generally a squirt of lithium grease or something similar will refresh...

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

1959 Fiat 600 Project

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FSTCS6
    • May 2014

1959 Fiat 600 Project

Shuffling the garage around to squeeze this in;

Thinking of this look for it once completed, might have to upgrade the drivetrain though.....22hp makes me wonder if it has enough power to get out of its own way. Lol.

Tired of being ignored - enjoy your clique.
  • bryanintowson
    • Mar 2012

I would see if you could find an Abarth engine for your 600. I know that they usually bolt right in with no modifications necessary.

Comment

• redred
      • Oct 2012

There is a complete, rebuilt Abarth 500 695cc engine for sale on eBay right now for $6,400

Comment

• FSTCS6
        • May 2014

We're still weighing up our options on this.....

Restoration, original look, original drivetrain
        Restomod, original look, modern drivetrain
        Full on modified, modern paint scheme, modern drivetrain, modern interior

We saw a few of the 1957 edition 500's yesterday at the dealer in Vegas, that may be a route we take with this, retro paint job, modern interior, modern drivetrain.

From what I can tell this should have a 4x98 bolt pattern so opens up lots of wheel options if we decide to upgrade the factory 12" steelies (especially if we upgrade the power and need an update the four drum brake system it has).

Comment

• ruben
          • Dec 2012

1959 Fiat 600 Project

Have a 1960 Fiat 600D project with tons of parts for Fiat 600s, 750s, 850s and Abarth. Not sure if it is worth it: a put back together; b restore; or, c part out. Any suggestions??

Kind Regards,
          - Kahaluu22

Comment

• FSTCS6
            • May 2014

Originally posted by ruben
            Have a 1960 Fiat 600D project with tons of parts for Fiat 600s, 750s, 850s and Abarth. Not sure if it is worth it: a put back together; b restore; or, c part out. Any suggestions??

Kind Regards,
            - Kahaluu22
            A well restored 600 can be worth good money to the right person....go for it.

Comment

• Timetrapper
              • Sep 2014

There is a video of a british TV show, on this forum, where they completely rebuild an old fiat similar to the one you have for 5000 british pounds. they sell it for about 6500 pounds i think. they found a local guy selling replica engines for like 1500 pounds. With that said here is my two cents:

1. Are you planning to keep this car or sell it? If you were planning to keep it, see point 2. If you are planning to sell it, then you should try to make it a replica I suppose. If that is the case, search the forum for that vid I was talking about, though I will try to find it.
              2. If you are planning to keep it, well this is where more of my opinion comes in to play. If it were me, I would compare, which is cheaper, modding it with current parts, or using replica parts. If I can mod it and get better performance for roughly the same price, then I would just use current day parts hehe. I've seen some modded fiats, and they are pretty cool. see below link, here are the benefits to using current day parts. I mean, I think I saw someone post about a restoration they did on this forum and the car had like 50 HP and it took 1 full minute to get to 60MPH. so you wouldn't even be able to take it on the freeway/highway. you would just be able to cruise around town and even then, I mean there are tons of cars that would be like, get out of our way, cuz they wanna go 55 in a 45, or they wanna go 45 in a 35 heheh.

Last edited by Timetrapper; 02-15-2015, 02:22 PM.
              IMPORTANT: Please keep all replies to my posts about CARS. Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally. If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead. I'm on this forum to talk about CARS. Thank you.

Comment

• FSTCS6
                • May 2014

I should point out we re homed the 600....it's going to have a restoration and be used as a show day car in Michigan.

Comment

• MrFiat

50+ yr Abarth Enthusiast

Lifetime Member
                  • Jun 2011

Originally posted by FSTCS6
                  Shuffling the garage around to squeeze this in;
                  Thinking of this look for it once completed, might have to upgrade the drivetrain though.....22hp makes me wonder if it has enough power to get out of its own way. Lol.
                  Nice project indeed and well worth the effort. Don't concern yourself with the 22 hp spec. While it will never make a good freeway vehicle, it has plenty of getup and go on the surface roads. (Mainly due to the gearing) Not a lot of top end but more than enough for general street use. My advice is to keep it as stock as possible, including the drum brakes. More valuable that way in the long run. If you must upgrade the brakes, use the 600D steel shoes and related parts. More reliable and much safer. Same size as the 600 but the early 600's had aluminum brake shoes with the brake lining glued to the aluminum -- not riveted. Ok until they get hot, and they get hot pretty quickly and tend to come apart.
                  if you run into questions during the build feel free to give me a shout. I've put dozens of these machines back together in the past.
                  jim
                  I spent most of my money on fast cars, guitars and pretty women. I somehow managed to waste the rest of it.

Comment

• Rockdoc
                    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by ruben

Kind Regards,
                    - Kahaluu22
                    Hello Kahaluu22: I actually am ordering from "Mr.Fiat" in the U.S. in my search for parts for my 600 R. Particularly an upper dash pad, the one that runs from side to side and under the instrument nacelle. Harder to find than moon rocks. Can't find anyone in Alberta Canada, so far, that can help. Interested in selling bits n pieces?. Thanks.

Comment

• aevansgatech
                      • Sep 2013

How's the 600 restoration going FSTCS6?

You mentioned Michigan, what part and I hope to see it around sometime
                      __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
                      2014 Abarth - Nero
                      EC V2 Intake, GFB DV+, HPSI Silicone boot and hoses, Defi Boost Gauge, Eibach Pro, EBC Yellow Stuff, CPR 28mm Rear Torsion Bar, 5mm Wheel Spacers

1984 Pininfarina Azzurra - Rosso Vivo
                      1995cc Twin Cam, 3-speed Auto, Tan Leather, Pirellis

Comment

• Dan The Man Who Can
                        • Jan 2017

Hi Jim,

I am an Englishman based in Southern Italy where I have been for fifteen years, and I have three good condition 600's and a Giardinaire that requires renovatation, all for for sale. Do you know anyone that might be looking for these?

Kind regards, and thanks in advance if you do!

Daniel

Comment