Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

Is the GQ Turbo an Abarth in the USA?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • opiateESP
    Boost Addict
    Lifetime Member
    • Oct 2012

Is the GQ Turbo an Abarth in the USA?

I was just at the studio up here in Canada and the information package lists it as the GQ Abarth despite all the fiat labels. It doesn't have abarth seats or badges, but it does have the diffuser and the leather gauge cluster.
    Pistons & Petrol: Follow us on YouTube.

2017 Abarth 124 Spider
    Tork Tuned | CP Pistons | Carrillo Rods | Garrett G25-550

The 300+ Club(?)
    #notscare
  • Nero12
    • Dec 2012

Its pretty much a fancy Abarth with just Fiat emblems. You dont get the track experience with it though.

Comment

• opiateESP
      Boost Addict
      Lifetime Member
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Nero12
      Its pretty much a fancy Abarth with just Fiat emblems. You dont get the track experience with it though.
      I know what it is mate. It's a question of what do they call it down south. I was surprised that they call it an Abarth up here.

2017 Abarth 124 Spider

The 300+ Club(?)
      #notscare

Comment

• Tweak
        Rest In Peace
        • Nov 2012

It is listed as an Abarth here as well according to the VIN designation and window sticker.
        Show us your pride in your ride & win free prizes by entering (and winning) Ride of the Month!

Comment

• opiateESP
          Boost Addict
          Lifetime Member
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Tweak
          It is listed as an Abarth here as well according to the VIN designation and window sticker.
          That brings up a whole other question. Why doesn't a GQ owner get the Abarth Experience?

2017 Abarth 124 Spider

The 300+ Club(?)
          #notscare

Comment

• Tweak
            Rest In Peace
            • Nov 2012

Originally posted by opiateESP
            That brings up a whole other question. Why doesn't a GQ owner get the Abarth Experience?
            Eh, because it is a GQ specialty offering and not an Abarth exactly. Guess it was easier to transform the Abarth and title it that way or something.
            Show us your pride in your ride & win free prizes by entering (and winning) Ride of the Month!

Comment

• cy-clone33
              • Sep 2013

Im not familiar with this GQ, but is it priced the same ? or cheaper ? if its cheaper I would say that's why you don't get the perk,, but if its the same or more I would be curious as well
              CPR 2013 NERO 500T (frankenstein) CPR ENGINE COVER , CPR TUNNEL BRACE , CPR INTERIOR X BRACE , E and D TUNE , BOOST FIX , MEGAN RACING COIL OVERS , 2 1/4"DROP, CUSTOM BORIS STRIPES , V4 , GTR RIMS /FALKIN RT613K TIRES , rear seat delete , CPR weld on rear torsion bar assembly.

Comment

• Robert Nixon

The FIAT USA website says the GQ edition starts at 26K, so considering it's a cabrio, similar to the Abarth. Probably just a licensing deal with GQ and/or Gucci where it is called whatever the agreement states.
                2013 Rosso Abarth with 68K miles, Koni yellow shocks, Madness springs, Neu-f rear sway bar, EBC Yellowstuff brake pads, DOT4 brake fluid, K&N air filter, autocross 17 inch Ciao Milano wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE71R, daily wheels stock 16 inch Dunlop DZ102. 2017 1st place HS Tidewater Sports Car Club: 2016-2015 1st Place TSCC GS class; 2014-2013: 2nd place in SCCA South Carolina Region G Stock.
                My Car blog: http://www.nms-racing.net/

Comment

• pureflipking
                  • Feb 2014

Its practically an Abarth w/o the seats and steering wheel and what nots.. and GQ has a muffler and some good looking 16 inch wheels

Comment

• opiateESP
                    Boost Addict
                    Lifetime Member
                    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by cy-clone33
                    Im not familiar with this GQ, but is it priced the same ? or cheaper ? if its cheaper I would say that's why you don't get the perk,, but if its the same or more I would be curious as well
                    Originally posted by Robert Nixon
                    The FIAT USA website says the GQ edition starts at 26K, so considering it's a cabrio, similar to the Abarth. Probably just a licensing deal with GQ and/or Gucci where it is called whatever the agreement states.
                    It's 32K up here

2017 Abarth 124 Spider

The 300+ Club(?)
                    #notscare

Comment

• opiateESP
                      Boost Addict
                      Lifetime Member
                      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Tweak
                      Eh, because it is a GQ specialty offering and not an Abarth exactly. Guess it was easier to transform the Abarth and title it that way or something.
                      Since when are you Canadian

2017 Abarth 124 Spider

The 300+ Club(?)
                      #notscare

Comment

• Thunderbolt
                        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by opiateESP
                        It's 32K up here
                        That's to cover the extra cost of the muffler, which the Abarths don't come with. lol
                        500Crew.com - Fiat 500 Club in the Vancouver, BC area

Comment

• opiateESP
                          Boost Addict
                          Lifetime Member
                          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Thunderbolt
                          That's to cover the extra cost of the muffler, which the Abarths don't come with. lol
                          But it doesn't have a muffler!?!?!?!?! Lol

2017 Abarth 124 Spider

The 300+ Club(?)
                          #notscare

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                            Amministratore
                            • Feb 2011

The easiest way to think of it is as an Abarth Cabrio with a muffler, sport seats with special trim ( Alcantara inserts) and more color options. It is not as boy racer-ish like the regular Abarth Cabrio, with a look and sound that is suppose to be sophisticated. It is also why you don't get the Abarth Experience. The GQ base is less than the Abarth Cabrio, too.

I mentioned to a company exec that the GQ was a little confusing to some and they said to consider it a 500T Cabrio that has been given the full custom and performance treatment. It sounds like that was the original concept and then they added the Abarth designation to try to cut the confusion on what it is. Don't know if it helped, though.
                            Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
                            fiat 500 forum signature
                            abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• opiateESP
                              Boost Addict
                              Lifetime Member
                              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Fiat500USA
                              The easiest way to think of it is as an Abarth Cabrio with a muffler, sport seats with special trim ( Alcantara inserts) and more color options. It is not as boy racer-ish like the regular Abarth Cabrio, with a look and sound that is suppose to be sophisticated. It is also why you don't get the Abarth Experience. The GQ base is less than the Abarth Cabrio, too.

I mentioned to a company exec that the GQ was a little confusing to some and they said to consider it a 500T Cabrio that has been given the full custom and performance treatment. It sounds like that was the original concept and then they added the Abarth designation to try to cut the confusion on what it is. Don't know if it helped, though.
                              Still a little convoluted... but that's marketing

I was wrong about the no muffler part though. The GQ muffler might be a nice option for folks that want to quiet down their Abarth.

2017 Abarth 124 Spider

The 300+ Club(?)
                              #notscare

Comment