bahis siteleri Betboo yeni adresi izmir escort antalya escort izmir escort porno porno izle bursa escort escort mobil porno havalandirma sistemleri takipçi satın alma instagram beğeni hilesi instagram takipçi hilesi saha betonu izmir escort eskişehir escort bayan Defi Boost Gauge Install - Page 3
500 Madness
   
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: Defi Boost Gauge Install

  1. #21
    -
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Edgewood, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    893
    Thanks
    215
    Thanked 325 Times in 229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweak View Post
    I removed the entire arm AND blade, not just the blades themselves.

    Popped them off and back on quick and easy, guess I got lucky.

    They don't "pop off". They're each attached with a 13 millimeter nut to the wiper motor stalks. Hence the ratchet??? They need to be lined up properly on a splined shaft before torquing the nut.

    Last edited by mneuman916; 05-24-2014 at 11:33 PM.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Thunderbolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Near Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    406
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 127 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mneuman916 View Post
    NOTE: I must warn you of the following. While reattaching your wiper arms you will grow increasingly frustrated with trying to line them up not once, not twice, but perhaps 4, 5 and 6 times. As you experience an increase in blood pressure it's probably not a good idea to pull the ratchet out of your pocket in a fit of frustration; you may just drop it on your hood in the process.
    To line up the wiper arms, look for the 3 dots in the black area of the windshield; those correspond to where the tips of the blades line up when at rest. There's a set for both wipers.

    And if you're wondering, for the rear wiper, there's a single dot in the black area of the window that lines up with the tip of the blade.

  3. #23
    Senior Member trevc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,750
    Thanks
    1,666
    Thanked 693 Times in 501 Posts
    Love the look of that gauge in the Abarth!

  4. #24
    Super Moderator Tweak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    11,908
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,512 Times in 2,058 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mneuman916 View Post
    They don't "pop off". They're each attached with a 13 millimeter nut to the wiper motor stalks. Hence the ratchet??? They need to be lined up properly on a splined shaft before torquing the nut.

    Seeing as I removed them I am aware of the method of attachment... "popped off" was simply a phrase referring to their removal stated to convey the simple and easy removal and replacement I experienced. I did this when I was in Virginia hanging out with Edwin.

  5. #25
    -
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Edgewood, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    893
    Thanks
    215
    Thanked 325 Times in 229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
    To line up the wiper arms, look for the 3 dots in the black area of the windshield; those correspond to where the tips of the blades line up when at rest. There's a set for both wipers.

    And if you're wondering, for the rear wiper, there's a single dot in the black area of the window that lines up with the tip of the blade.
    I can't believe that I never noticed those dots.... that's great advice!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tweak View Post
    Seeing as I removed them I am aware of the method of attachment... "popped off" was simply a phrase referring to their removal stated to convey the simple and easy removal and replacement I experienced. I did this when I was in Virginia hanging out with Edwin.
    Then you should know that the problem is that you can't line it up until you secure the nut and then drop the arm against the glass. If you could attach everything while against the windsheild it would be a no brainer.

    Here is a shot of the dents left in my hood. The one up top is obvious, the tiny one in front of the pen was near impossible to capture in a photo.



    There's little point in posting an after picture since THE DENTS ARE COMPLETELY GONE! I was beyond blown away by the paintless dent removal process... never had I expected there to be ZERO evidence that the dents ever existed. He was literally done in 20 minutes flat! The way they can manipulate metal is jaw dropping! I'll never stress over a dent again!

  6. #26
    Super Moderator Tweak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    11,908
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,512 Times in 2,058 Posts
    Really glad it was such a quick and easy fix Matt. I know you are MUCH happier now.

    Perhaps I just got really lucky when I did mine and everything just sort of fell into place.

  7. #27
    Senior Member streetsurfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,178
    Thanks
    356
    Thanked 393 Times in 317 Posts
    Wiper removal:

    Before removing the wiper arm, scribe or paint a small mark on the end of the wiper shaft in line with the tip of a tooth. Make an opposing mark on the arm right next to it in the position of its receiving groove. At re-assembly, align these marks.

  8. #28
    -
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Edgewood, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    893
    Thanks
    215
    Thanked 325 Times in 229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweak View Post
    Really glad it was such a quick and easy fix Matt. I know you are MUCH happier now.
    Words cannot express...

    Quote Originally Posted by streetsurfer View Post
    Wiper removal:

    Before removing the wiper arm, scribe or paint a small mark on the end of the wiper shaft in line with the tip of a tooth. Make an opposing mark on the arm right next to it in the position of its receiving groove. At re-assembly, align these marks.
    Great advice... it's usually thought of AFTER the arms are on the garage floor though. One of these days I'll plan ahead!

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Woodstock, Georgia
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    That looks great. I have the same boost gauge and having a little trouble wiring it up. Mine came with 4 wires and yours looks like only 3. Do you know which wires are what on the factory boost gauge plug, car side. Thanks for any help.

  10. #30
    Senior Member boxerbay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    miami florida
    Posts
    417
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 78 Times in 59 Posts
    This thread is useless without a video. ☺

    2012 Abarth Grigio, sunroof, red leather, red mirrors, carbon fiber stripe, Fly1 CF Lip and skirt, XXR 550 17x8.25 19mm w/ 195/40/17, SR48 Stud, R1 Rotors, EBC reds, ATM HCI, ATM FMIC, EC/HPSI Unichip II, PTP turbo blanket, GFB/DV+, Norcal SS DP, J-Pipe 2.25, MPX Axleback, BC Coilovers, Neu-f 28mm rear bar, 3M Crystalline tint, HID 6500K + 3000K.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Un-Official Mechanical Boost Gauge Peak/Sustained Boost Registry
    By shagghie in forum Fiat 500 ABARTH Engine and Drivetrain Tuning
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 06-20-2018, 12:54 PM
  2. HPSI Boost Leak Fix + Aftermarket Boost Gauge
    By BlackhawksFan in forum Fiat 500 ABARTH Engine and Drivetrain Tuning
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-12-2014, 04:12 PM
  3. Depo Boost gauge bezel in stock Boost guage
    By scrumby14 in forum Fiat 500 Abarth Exterior and Interior Mods
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-01-2014, 08:50 PM
  4. Oem boost gauge
    By Deffmikey in forum Fiat 500 ABARTH General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-13-2013, 08:16 PM
  5. Boost gauge?
    By Verlor_einen in forum Fiat 500 Drivetrain Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2013, 08:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •