Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

I was thinking about this post today on my way to work and saw a Giulia. I see a 500 maybe once every two weeks.

Looking good. What I usually do with the inside of the tailpipes is spray some WD40 on something soft like Never Dull Cotton Wading. After that, a chrome...

All of the tires were spin balanced. I think I have it figured it out thanks to the you! I took the car into the dealer to get the oil changed and asked...

Check the coolant recovery tank if you haven't already...

Will these wheels fit? good deal maybe

4x100mm, 43mm off set....I believe... Good summer tires on them.

Would these fit? Anyway to make it work? I know I need the wobble bolts...

A thing of beauty is a joy forever...
inside exhaust pipes need cleaning.
The outside are waxed, I'm reluctant to clean the inside with anything...

Below are the manufacturer's oil consumption guidelines we've published in previous posts. Depending on how you drive, and the maintenance done on the...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $30.00 on this Silver MegaWeight Shift Knob for your FIAT 500.

Improve your driving experience...

Edit to my post: This morning the car felt like it was misfiring as the low pressure warning flashed on again. I'm definitely going to have to avoid driving...

I see tons of Alfas around here, but I live near wealthy East Coast enclaves. Stevios are especially popular....

For item one, check the gas cap. There is an O-ring that gets brittle with age. Generally a squirt of lithium grease or something similar will refresh...

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

LED lights for your 500

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roy23
    • Feb 2014

LED lights for your 500

Originally posted by slowbird
    Thanks Roy!

Did you swap the DRL lights too?
    ill link all the LED's I did below

Daytime Running Lights (http://www.ebay.com/itm/7443-6000K-W...55f614&vxp=mtr)
    Reverse (http://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-ERROR-FRE...91bc36&vxp=mtr)
    Trunk LED's (http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-X-T10-Whi...b8c8d4&vxp=mtr)
    Dome LED's(http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-X-PURE-Whi...b3e63a&vxp=mtr)
    Headlight HID Conversion Kit 9012 or 9006 single beam(http://www.ebay.com/itm/HID-XENON-LI...e90a04&vxp=mtr)
    Foglights H11(http://www.ebay.com/itm/HID-XENON-LI...e90a04&vxp=mtr)
    Headlights And Fogs Being 5K Luxury White, Look Alike BMW and Mercedez Projector Lights..... "Looks like they change color from far away"
    When Ordering this kit send him a message on what color u want and bulb number to avoid delays he has sold over 50hids to me and never had problems sometimes only ballasts stop working but he offers a free 2yr replacement on all the kit...... let me know if u need more info...... also on the daytime running lights they only work when the headlights are on they wont work when u only want the DLR to be on u will need to buy the resistors or buy an error free led, since I like more leds "brighter" I went with this choice of 120LED's if u want to use them while the lights are off "only DRL's" you will need to buy the following resistors
    (http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-LED-Decod...0b432d&vxp=mtr)

Also when u install DRL install both lights before turning them ON if u only connect one and turn it ON to see how it looks like it wont work "low voltage" u need both of them then turn it ON..... they have their positive and negative if one doesn't turn On disconnect and connect it the other way " turn it around" still if they still don't work turn off lights and turn it back on..... should work successfully
    RRM Ultimate Pro | Exhaust Heat Wrapped Decatted Down Pipe 2.35" Exit | Full 2.5" to Dual 2.25" Exhaust | MPX CAI | 5K Hid Lights + 6K HALO Rings | 6K L Shaped Led Fogs | 6K 16LED Dome Lights | Trunk 6K 12 LED Light And Relocated | 6K 120SMD Error Free Daytime Lights | White Reverse LED's | Drilled/Slotted Rotors | Mirror Window Tint | Tork Leak Fix Kit | FMIC | Falken Azenis 615K | Madness Short Shifter | "E85 With 93oct" | Light Weight Pulley | Madness Aggressive Springs |Modded Wastegate
  • abarth1984
    Banned
    • Sep 2013

Dome Led , need what 31mm - 36mm - 39mm - 41 mm ???

Comment

• drclawscat

RE: Dome/Map lights. Old post but I purchased the 31mm link above, didn't work! 36-37mm is the oem length.

Comment

• BlueCorn
        • Mar 2015

I tried upgrading the trunk bulb to the brightest LED I could find and it's still crap because of where the light is placed. I finally ended up with some LED strip lights under the parcel shelf. They're wired into the OEM socket and I have a connector inline so the shelf can still be removed. It's head and shoulders above the stock trunk light. Easy peasy.

Last edited by BlueCorn; 06-11-2015, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• kpg2713
          • Jun 2015

First thing I did was some Putco COBs in the dome. I used 1.5" or 38mm and they fit well. Plus the color temperature looks fantastic. I want to do some door lighting as well so it shines on the ground when you open them.
          '13 Abarth
          Bc Coils
          Injen Intake
          Custom FMIC
          OpenFlash Stg2
          DV+ diverter
          Evo Boost Gauge
          Custom A-pillars

Comment

• Brokernum1
            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by kpg2713
            First thing I did was some Putco COBs in the dome. I used 1.5" or 38mm and they fit well. Plus the color temperature looks fantastic. I want to do some door lighting as well so it shines on the ground when you open them.
            Can you please provide the link to purchase the Putco COB dome lights. Want to get a pair for my 2012 Abarth.
            Previous cars
            Nissan 350Z
            BMW 2005 E46 M3 Alpine White
            BMW 2004 Z4 3.0i silver
            sigpic

Comment

• BlueCorn
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Brokernum1
              Can you please provide the link to purchase the Putco COB dome lights. Want to get a pair for my 2012 Abarth.
              I used the panel LEDs from Diode Dynamics in mine and they rock all corners. It's an option you can select under the interior light page.

IMG_0693.jpg
              Last edited by BlueCorn; 07-14-2015, 11:45 PM.

Comment

• kpg2713
                • Jun 2015

amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Putco-231150-U...co+festoon+led

Originally posted by Brokernum1
                '13 Abarth
                Bc Coils
                Injen Intake
                Custom FMIC
                OpenFlash Stg2
                DV+ diverter
                Evo Boost Gauge
                Custom A-pillars

Comment

• Spyrule
                  • May 2015

Now if only someone could find a rear signal LED that doesn't cause a warning.

Comment

• jayadam63
                    Lifetime Member
                    Lifetime Member
                    • Nov 2015

I installed LED headlights with no modifications necessary. I'm posting because I found a LED headlight that has "average" lumens at 2200 per bulb but has no fan AND fits inside the dust cover: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015PME8ZA

I was surprised and prepared to have to modify the dust cover but I did not. They're not as bright as some of the other LED headlights (3000 lumens or higher) but are bright enough, have the 6500k look, cause no canbus / light out errors and work great. 2 second swap.

I hope this helps someone.

-Jay
                    2019 Fiat 500 Pop in Granite w/Blackout Ubana Package

Comment

• Tweak
                      Rest In Peace
                      • Nov 2012

Originally posted by jayadam63
                      I installed LED headlights with no modifications necessary. I'm posting because I found a LED headlight that has "average" lumens at 2200 per bulb but has no fan AND fits inside the dust cover: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015PME8ZA

I was surprised and prepared to have to modify the dust cover but I did not. They're not as bright as some of the other LED headlights (3000 lumens or higher) but are bright enough, have the 6500k look, cause no canbus / light out errors and work great. 2 second swap.

I hope this helps someone.

-Jay
                      Thank you and welcome to this forum Jay.
                      Show us your pride in your ride & win free prizes by entering (and winning) Ride of the Month!

Comment

• xRYD3Rx
                        • Feb 2016

This is the exact thread I wish I would find in this forum.
                        time to change all the yellow lights to 6000k.

Comment

• lower byhalia
                          • Apr 2014

Wish I'd seen Tweak's post sooner. 8500k GP Thunder bulbs have fried my passenger bulb male connector. Liking for replacement male wire lead now.

Comment

• Tweak
                            Rest In Peace
                            • Nov 2012

Originally posted by lower byhalia
                            Wish I'd seen Tweak's post sooner. 8500k GP Thunder bulbs have fried my passenger bulb male connector. Liking for replacement male wire lead now.
                            I currently have 2 LED kits...another LED kit on the way and I gave a friend a HID kit and have another on the way...plus I have the HID kit I've had (and actually bought) in fall 2013.

I don't know anything about GP Thunder bulbs. Sorry to hear of your damages.
                            Show us your pride in your ride & win free prizes by entering (and winning) Ride of the Month!

Comment

• drclawscat

Originally posted by Tweak
                              I currently have 2 LED kits...another LED kit on the way and I gave a friend a HID kit and have another on the way...plus I have the HID kit I've had (and actually bought) in fall 2013.
                              Tweak, any updates on the LED kits you're using and how well they are working out for you?

Comment