Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Welcome aboard! Pictures?

LED dome light issue

I've seen a few posts of people having issues with led dome lights but no real answers other than to not use them. Oddly enough though many people use...

Yeah, I'd say they break easily. My neighbor got in my car and the passenger side made an ominous groan. Like you, I don't use the rests but the dog sometimes...

Are they difficult to swap out? I don’t see where the connection is done - does the padding have to be removed from the seats? Any side airbags to...

Texanbrit: You're exactly right!
I pulled it apart today and the overflow hose is sticky and moist.
Everything else looked to be buttoned...

FIAT 500 1.4L SOHC (Naturally Aspirated. Non Turbo)
Ignition Coil
MOPAR 68070492AD

FIAT 500 ABARTH 1.4L SOHC (Turbo)
Ignition...

I believe the Alfa coil packs only work on a Turbo, and Abarth vehicles....

The connection at that side of the radiator is pretty solid, so if it's not the radiator itself then I imagine the coolant is running down the lower coolant...

Cheers from CO!

Hello all, I recently acquired '13 Abarth and decided to join the forum.
I owned in the 90's a Fiat 126p and now the Abarth.
Thanks for all...

There is no light for low coolant, so you need to keep an eye on it. A light means an overheat, and that is something you do not want to do.

F/S - 500X Roof Rails and Crossbars $ 175.00 for all

Purchased for my 2020 Trekking; did not realize will not work with sunroof.

Rails are new in original box. Part #68281916AA.
Crossbars...

Rocco Reviews...

Rock Auto has lots of quality/reasonably priced ignition coil choices for the 2014 N/A Engine, use GOOGLE to find a 5% off...

As we prepare for the 2024 summer season, prepare for some great news about our meets and drives !

Registration is now open, if you'd planning to display your vehicle sign up soon as space is limited, avoid disappointment! 😮

Fiat Club America events are always welcoming and friendly, no animosity or preferential treatment for anyone!

Nice Family environment for...

First off, what brands of bearings are you using? Even a couple of the name brands have been noted to fail (front and rear) on the Fiat. Are you sourcing...

Ah, I've missed you Ted. Yeah, $145 is MSRP (dealer price). Around $16 to replace each unit. That's why people don't go to the dealer until they've checked...

OK, so you guys say Turbo coils won't work on the non-turbo. We know Alfa coils work on the turbo car... but they also work on the N/A models?

Alignment After Coilover Installation

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Welchlin
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by AudiGuy
    Well, I have bad news. I just got anemail that my order has been canceled. Reason:

"This part has been discontinued from Chrysler and there is no stock available anywhere in the country. Your best option is probably going to be a salvage yard or aftermarket. We are sorry we could not be of more assistance. Thank you."

This really sucks. I cant find them anywhere..
    Thanks for letting us know. I was just about to look into ordering these. Its seriously too bad they discontinued them as we all start to need them .

Edit: Guess I should've finished reading before replying. I'll try and get something from what's left of that set of 100 or so! You got a link or # I can call on these?
    Last edited by Welchlin; 04-10-2014, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• AudiGuy
      -
      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Welchlin
      I definitely agree that it will help those who have the issue in the future. Fortunately for some and Unfortunately for others this is not something that everyone has had an issue with. Seems like the steps to take are to have the car lowered. Then if you have issues with the alignment in the front get the camber bolts and an issue with the rear toe requires shims.

I saw another thread in the Abarth Issues & Concerns regarding the rear toe but I think that one is dedicated to those on stock suspension. I would have no problem with a Moderator coming in and changing the thread title to something broader that encompasses all lowered 500's instead of just coilover setups.

I'll definitely take some before and after pics when the car gets shimmed. Camber bolts and wheel locks should be in today!

If you need to order a set of these, call Arrigo Dodge. They can get them..
      (954) 515-5800
      Ask for Daryn. Hes the one that helped me.

Comment

• Welchlin
        • Dec 2012

If you need to order a set of these, call Arrigo Dodge. They can get them..
        (954) 515-5800
        Ask for Daryn. Hes the one that helped me.
        Sounds good. And thanks! I just set up an appointment to get the alignment fixed Monday. Guy on the phone suggested not buying a shim kit until they took their measurements. Looking forward to getting back on the road soon!

Comment

• AudiGuy
          -
          • Oct 2013

Sounds good. And thanks! I just set up an appointment to get the alignment fixed Monday. Guy on the phone suggested not buying a shim kit until they took their measurements. Looking forward to getting back on the road soon!

Take tons of pics. Or just a couple good ones

Comment

• Welchlin
            • Dec 2012

THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED! Finally!

So, today I am in sort of a strange mood. I'm stuck between the emotions of elation and being completely pissed off. I took my car in to a new shop that specializes in alignment today to get my Abarth's alignment problem solved once and for all. And it is... sort of... well the car is fixed anyways!

As it turns out the shop that installed my coilovers did not properly adjust them. The car was sitting more than half an inch lower on the driver's side than the passenger's. This is something I, and a few others on the forum, noticed but I just attributed it to the excessive rear toe on the driver's side of the car and a need for camber bolts.

Since picking the car up from the shop that installed the Coilovers; in an attempt to solve this issue, I have paid for an alignment at the Fiat Dealership (the car's second alignment in 30 days) and now another alignment at the Proper Alignment Shop (the third alignment) to get the car properly aligned. Oh and did I mention the brand new front tires are already showing excessive wear after about 800 miles of use?

Yep. So I am definitely excited to have my Abarth back to normal and all it took was a proper alignment and an adjustment of the coilovers. But, now I am going to have to call the shop that installed the modifications and request a reimbursement of the two extra alignments and a new set of front tires. I am sure it will be a fun conversation considering they are adamant that I still have a bent rear axle regardless of the dealership and a third party shop's opinion.
            Last edited by Welchlin; 04-14-2014, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• AudiGuy
              -
              • Oct 2013

THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED! Finally!

So, today I am in sort of a strange mood. I'm stuck between the emotions of elation and being completely pissed off. I took my car in to a new shop that specializes in alignment today to get my Abarth's alignment problem solved once and for all. And it is... sort of... well the car is fixed anyways!

As it turns out the shop that installed my coilovers did not properly adjust them. The car was sitting more than half an inch lower on the driver's side than the passenger's. This is something I, and a few others on the forum, noticed but I just attributed it to the excessive rear toe on the driver's side of the car and a need for camber bolts.

Since picking the car up from the shop that installed the Coilovers; in an attempt to solve this issue, I have paid for an alignment at the Fiat Dealership (the car's second alignment in 30 days) and now another alignment at the Proper Alignment Shop (the third alignment) to get the car properly aligned. Oh and did I mention the brand new front tires are already showing excessive wear after about 800 miles of use?

Yep. So I am definitely excited to have my Abarth back to normal and all it took was a proper alignment and an adjustment of the coilovers. But, now I am going to have to call the shop that installed the modifications and request a reimbursement of the two extra alignments and a new set of front tires. I am sure it will be a fun conversation considering they are adamant that I still have a bent rear axle regardless of the dealership and a third party shop's opinion.

Pictures of the fix? More info? Is everyone really going to have to wait for me to do this, before pictures are up?

Comment

• lammie200

Originally posted by BigDaddySRT
                There is "movement" when the bolts are loosened.

The Bolts are smaller diameter than the Holes... lamens terms.
                I just wanted to follow up on this a bit more. I had my car up on a lift yesterday. The rear control arms, their bushings and mounting bolts and nuts are completely symmetrical to the body work under the car. There is only about 3mm of space between the bolt ends and the sheet metal body work. At least for me this confirms that production of the rear beam assembly, while maybe within tolerances, is flawed to some degree. The way the axle assembly is mounted is not flawed. There simply isn't enough room to move the axle assembly even if I wanted to. As I said before, I corrected my issue with wheel spacers.
                2017 Abarth Grigio Cenre SR | OEM Leather | OEM 17s | Max Flo Wrapped CAI | E+D Tune P1 | TMC Autoflash | 4C CPs | MPx AB Exhaust | RRM Turbo Blanket | Forge RBOV DV & WGA | ATM FMIC | PCV Catch Can | 5mm/16mm Spacers | Neu-F Rear Bar | DNA Lower & Side Braces & Camber Plates | 4 Konis | 4 Springs | GP End Links | MPx MC Bracket | Power Stop Z23 Pads & Rotors | 2" Steering Wheel Spacer

2013 Sport Argento SR - SOLD - | Many Mods

Comment

• shagghie

My rear is also 6-8 mm shifted over to the passenger's side. I was going nuts trying to figure out why I would only rub on the right rear (or cut into the tire going in and out of gas station entry curbs). This has been a big PITA. If I wasn't running oversize rims I might even try to fix it with spacers of different widths...but that just sounds like I'd be asking for even more trouble and isn't really a fix at all. So what we are saying is that there is no good way to fix this, is that correct?
                  sigpic
                  RAW Big Turbo, tuned to 250+whp on p93
                  LSD, FX400, Okadas, 550cc, ported t-mani
                  NightOwl Racing BC Racing with SWIFT Spring Suspension set up
                  ATM FMIC, ATM Fenderwell Intake
                  VanHook CF Rear Diff, doorhandles, hood vents and duct covers
                  Advan RSII 17x7.5, rally stud conversion

Comment

• stratofortress
                    • Mar 2013

lolz i have this same problem on stock 17s, no spacers on steep driveway entry/exit. i'm pretty sure i scuffed up the inner lip on my wheel because of this.

i don't get how an axle alignment can be so far off from the factory.
                    small but wicked '13 Bianco Abarth

MultiAir just kicked in yo

Comment

• lammie200

Originally posted by shagghie
                      My rear is also 6-8 mm shifted over to the passenger's side. I was going nuts trying to figure out why I would only rub on the right rear (or cut into the tire going in and out of gas station entry curbs). This has been a big PITA. If I wasn't running oversize rims I might even try to fix it with spacers of different widths...but that just sounds like I'd be asking for even more trouble and isn't really a fix at all. So what we are saying is that there is no good way to fix this, is that correct?
                      I won't speak for everyone, but I will tell you that I am very familiar with the way my axle was designed and installed onto my unibody. The only way mine could be fixed would be to replace the axle assembly with one that is manufactured to tighter tolerances assuming that they exist. Easy fix for me with a different sized spacer since Sport wheels have such an enormous offset. So far it seems to be a decent fix because tire wear is even and handling is fine. Maybe not such an easy fix for you though.

Edit: If you wanted to cut into the body where the control arm bushings are located, you might be able to move the axle assembly around a bit. You would really have to know what you are doing though, because moving it could create all kinds of toe problems.

Originally posted by stratofortress
                      lolz i have this same problem on stock 17s, no spacers on steep driveway entry/exit. i'm pretty sure i scuffed up the inner lip on my wheel because of this.

i don't get how an axle alignment can be so far off from the factory.
                      It's an economy car at its heart. Corners were cut everywhere including quality control.
                      Last edited by lammie200; 04-28-2014, 07:01 PM.
                      2017 Abarth Grigio Cenre SR | OEM Leather | OEM 17s | Max Flo Wrapped CAI | E+D Tune P1 | TMC Autoflash | 4C CPs | MPx AB Exhaust | RRM Turbo Blanket | Forge RBOV DV & WGA | ATM FMIC | PCV Catch Can | 5mm/16mm Spacers | Neu-F Rear Bar | DNA Lower & Side Braces & Camber Plates | 4 Konis | 4 Springs | GP End Links | MPx MC Bracket | Power Stop Z23 Pads & Rotors | 2" Steering Wheel Spacer

2013 Sport Argento SR - SOLD - | Many Mods

Comment

• Welchlin
                        • Dec 2012

Pictures of the fix? More info? Is everyone really going to have to wait for me to do this, before pictures are up?
                        So sorry about the late reply! Did not think pics were necessary considering that the problem turned out to just be improper installation of the coilover kit. The driver's side of the car had been sitting approximately one half inch lower than the passenger's side. This likely means that, the shop that installed the kit, installed the coilovers and then only adjusted one side.

Here are two pictures of the car before the fix, notice how the driver's side is visibly sagging:

Here is an after picture. I attempted to take it at the same angle as one of the before pictures:

Lastly, here is the alignment paperwork from the shop that solved the problem:

Hope this helps!

Edit: Well, looks like I can't take a good picture of the alignment paperwork... Here's what it says:

Front Left:
                        Camber = -1.5After, -4.5Before, -2.0 to -1.0Specified Range
                        Caster = 2.2 to 3.2Specified Range
                        Toe = .01After, .19Before, -.13 to .13Specified Range
                        SAI =
                        Included Angle =
                        Turning Angle Diff. =

Front Right:
                        Camber = -1.4After, -2.6Before, -2.0 to -1.0Specified Range
                        Caster = 2.2 to 3.2Specified Range
                        Toe = .00After, .14Before, -.13 to .13Specified Range

Front:
                        Cross Camber = -.1After, -1.9Before, -.6 to .6Specified Range
                        Cross Caster = -.5 to .5Specified Range
                        Cross SAI =
                        Total Toe = .02After, .33Before, -.25 to .25Specified Range
                        Cross Turn Diff =

Rear Left:
                        Camber = -1.1After, -1.1Before, -2.2 to .4Specified Range
                        Toe = .36After, .30Before, .07 to .43Specified Range

Right Rear:
                        Camber = -1.3After, -1.3Before, -2.2 to .4Specified Range
                        Toe = .41After, .47Before, .07 to .43Specified Range

Rear:
                        Cross Camber = .2After, .2Before, -.6 to .6Specified Range
                        Total Toe = .77After, .77Before, .22 to .78Specified Range
                        Thrust Angle = -.03After, -.09Before, -.18 to .18Specified Range
                        Last edited by Welchlin; 05-01-2014, 06:57 AM.

Comment