Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

If it's still in the FCA parts train, trans shipment is free to another dealer. At least that was the case of a couple parts I ordered.

I did a lot of searching on the forum last night and it seems 37mm is the most I've seen someone run here. Someone had 15 inch wheels with 43mm offset...

I think that's tagged as a Ram in other markets. (IIRC that's the model my nephew sent me pictures of it last winter, on his trip to Mexico.)

We only have 2 Alfa dealerships here. A Fiat/Alfa studio. The other Alfa dealership, is offer at a MB one. Along, with Porsche, jaguar Maserati, land...

I would personally sell the new truck, though a Ram dealership. The Fiat studios are pretty much extinct....

What you do is sell it through Fiat dealerships and stick it to Dodge for the Hornet business....

I see that midsize truck, with a RAM name plate on the grill and emboss on the tail gate.
My daughter finally trade off her troublesome Jeep Renegade...

Nice looking alloy wheels...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $150.00 on these Lowering Springs by Corsa Forza Performance for your FIAT 500.

Improve your FIAT...

1970 Fiat Abarth TCR 1000 Berlina Corsa

If the 43mm offset is correct then a 5 to 10mm spacer will put it about right. The stock wheels run between +30 and +35 offset depending on the style....

I'd look at salvage options to keep the price reasonable. I see a few options scattered around the country: https://www.lkqonline.com/2013-fiat-500-...

FWIW, Edmunds pricing guide here. ...

My Neighbor leased a Giulia and traded it in for a Stelvio. The Alfa dealer is in the next county.

I totally agree with you & Firefly is a great analogy (but 'Serenity' is one of my favorite ever movies!)
No resolution re. Fiat posts only...

I was thinking about this post today on my way to work and saw a Giulia. I see a 500 maybe once every two weeks.

Looking good. What I usually do with the inside of the tailpipes is spray some WD40 on something soft like Never Dull Cotton Wading. After that, a chrome...

Projector fog light retrofit V2

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SCIENCE
    • Feb 2014

Projector fog light retrofit V2

Hey guys! Back again with another projector fog light retrofit. This one should be pretty easy to replicate as all the parts are readily available.

We start with a pair of Ford Fusion projector fog lights. You can find these on ebay, and here. These are absolutely fantastic fog lights. Sealed and ready to go for outside use. No need to put them in a housing, they are good on their own. They also take HID bulbs remarkably well.

Here they are in stock form:

IMG_20130110_010200_zps76b14621 by gnrfan228, on Flickr

And after the mounting bracket is removed on the left. The right one had the mounting bracket and some material removed, but not nearly enough.

WP_20140305_001 by gnrfan228, on Flickr

And finally the projector fully modified along with the L bracket used to mount it to the adapter plate. The L bracket is attached to the projector with one 1/4" bolt which is secured with a lock nut. It's not coming loose! After I ground off all of the aluminium from the sides, I repainted the light with high temp black caliper paint to cover the bare aluminium.

WP_20140317_004 by gnrfan228, on Flickr

WP_20140317_005 by gnrfan228, on Flickr

And here's one of the adapter plates used to attach it to the bumper using the stock bolts. The blue holes are for attaching the L bracket on the projector. The red squares are for bolting it to the body. I made them large squares in order to give me some adjustment in rotation, vertically and horizontally. You don't have a whole lot of room to move though, but thankfully you don't need much.

WP_20140317_006 by gnrfan228, on Flickr

You do also have to modify the bezel that covers the fog lights. Just grind down the opening of the bezel to make more room for the light, as it sticks out quite a bit.

WP_20140317_009 by gnrfan228, on Flickr

WP_20140317_010 by gnrfan228, on Flickr

WP_20140317_011 by gnrfan228, on Flickr

WP_20140317_012 by gnrfan228, on Flickr

WP_20140317_014 by gnrfan228, on Flickr

WP_20140317_013 by gnrfan228, on Flickr

Let me know if you have any questions!
  • Tweak
    Rest In Peace
    • Nov 2012

Stuck (of course).
    Show us your pride in your ride & win free prizes by entering (and winning) Ride of the Month!

Comment

• SCIENCE
      • Feb 2014

Thanks tweak!

I'll try to get some output pictures uploaded in the next week or two. Work is kicking my butt right now.

Comment

• SCIENCE
        • Feb 2014

Output in the form of crappy cell phone pics. Think I got the aiming just about spot on. A lot better than it was at the very least.

You can see how much wider they are than my stock halogen projectors. Those will be replaced with E46 bixenons soon.

WP_20140320_001 by gnrfan228, on Flickr

WP_20140320_003 by gnrfan228, on Flickr

WP_20140320_005 by gnrfan228, on Flickr

Comment

• FA500T
          • Feb 2014

Looks great! blows the stock headlights out of the water! nice work

Comment

• NGEN
            Official Vendor
            • Sep 2012

So would this be a good time to say you've "blinded me with SCIENCE!"... I just had to go there.

Great work Science.
            sigpic
            Hours: Mon-Fri 10am - 6pm CST
            Call/Text: 832-948-9409
            E-mail: [email protected]

Facebook: www.facebook.com/ngencustoms
            Instagram: www.instagram.com/ngencustomsandperformance

Comment

• SCIENCE
              • Feb 2014

Thanks guys!

These fusion fogs are fantastic, I'd love to see some more Fiats with them.

Comment