Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Edit to my post: This morning the car felt like it was misfiring as the low pressure warning flashed on again. I'm definitely going to have to avoid driving...

I see tons of Alfas around here, but I live near wealthy East Coast enclaves. Stevios are especially popular....

For item one, check the gas cap. There is an O-ring that gets brittle with age. Generally a squirt of lithium grease or something similar will refresh...

Low oil pressure + high oil consumpion/leak + unrelated CEL

Hello everyone. I have a couple of issues I would like some guideance with regarding my 2015 manual Abarth. I doubt these two problems are related to...

Tiers already balanced. In what way? Did he just look at the balance weights on the wheel or did he actually spin them on his machine?

Ok... When I did all the work on the front end, I brought the front tires to get balanced. The tire shop told me they were already balanced. The car...

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

225 Wide Tires Anyone?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SweetSandMan
    • Jan 2013

I have a set of 16x8 wheels in my basement waiting for spring to come and I am debating putting 225s on. It'll either be 215/45 or 225/45. The options on the 215/45 are limited so that's the only reason I've really been looking at 225s.
    '13 Abarth - ATM Holy Cowl Intake, ATP Downpipe, Forge blow-off Plate, Neu-F TA Insert, MPx Ported TB, TWM STS, ST Coilovers, Euro+Drive Phase 1.1+, 16x8 +25 Avid.1 AV16 wheels, 225/45 Nexen N'Fera SU1 tires
    '05 Ion Redline - Winter Beater

Comment

• Abnormalradio13
      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by SweetSandMan
      I have a set of 16x8 wheels in my basement waiting for spring to come and I am debating putting 225s on. It'll either be 215/45 or 225/45. The options on the 215/45 are limited so that's the only reason I've really been looking at 225s.
      yea the only thing for 215 are the togo r888s
      2013 Fiat 500 Abarth: "Baby Ferrari"

Modifications:

Engine: RRM CAI W/ Heat Shield, RRM Turbo Blanket, RRM Ultimate PRO ECM (stage 3)

Interior: RRM Custom 4 point Roll Cage

Suspension: RRM Rear Sway Bar, RRM High Performance Slotted Rotors and Pads, RRM Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines, 215/45/17 Kumho Ecsta V720 Tires, Bilstein Coilovers, RRM Chassis Braces

Sponsors: Road Race Motorsports

Racing Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Baby-...26029894213173

Comment

• shagghie

Originally posted by Abnormalradio13
        yea the only thing for 215 are the togo r888s

Old thread, but noticed this was wrong. The stupid Falken Azenis are only thing in 215/45/16. :-)
        sigpic
        RAW Big Turbo, tuned to 250+whp on p93
        LSD, FX400, Okadas, 550cc, ported t-mani
        NightOwl Racing BC Racing with SWIFT Spring Suspension set up
        ATM FMIC, ATM Fenderwell Intake
        VanHook CF Rear Diff, doorhandles, hood vents and duct covers
        Advan RSII 17x7.5, rally stud conversion

Comment

• ManOfStealth
          • Jan 2015

Take a look at all the specs on the tires. Tire tread width will range an inch or so even if they are the same tire aspect and ratio. The 205/45/16 GFG G-Force Sport Comp-2 has a tire width of 8" while the same size tire in the Sumoto HTR Z II has a tread width of 6.9". So maybe your 215 might be as wide as a 225 in the right tire choice.

Randall

Comment

• shagghie

Originally posted by ManOfStealth
            Take a look at all the specs on the tires. Tire tread width will range an inch or so even if they are the same tire aspect and ratio. The 205/45/16 GFG G-Force Sport Comp-2 has a tire width of 8" while the same size tire in the Sumoto HTR Z II has a tread width of 6.9". So maybe your 215 might be as wide as a 225 in the right tire choice.

Randall
            truth... R888's and A048's both run much wider than people think...they order them and then are like .... whoa. Meanwhile the infamously awesome RE-71's run realllly narrow for a semi slick, but as a result, they are great in the water for such a track-oriented tire.
            sigpic
            RAW Big Turbo, tuned to 250+whp on p93
            LSD, FX400, Okadas, 550cc, ported t-mani
            NightOwl Racing BC Racing with SWIFT Spring Suspension set up
            ATM FMIC, ATM Fenderwell Intake
            VanHook CF Rear Diff, doorhandles, hood vents and duct covers
            Advan RSII 17x7.5, rally stud conversion

Comment

• Klasse Act
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by nilfinite
              What's the widest tire you guys would recommend for the Abarth? 205? 215?

I run a 215 width tire on my stockers and had to trim a little bit from the drivers side rear wheel well, yeah you heard me right, REAR!
              2013 500 Abarth/Nero metallic...traded in.

Comment

• BigDaddySRT
                • Jul 2012

225/45R17 Hoosier A7

Get your cutting torches out!!!!

Don't forget your going to need front wheel spacers and longer stud bolts.
                Depending on how much negative camber you run up front will determine how wide a spacer you need.
                2023 DODGE Durango R/T - HEMI Orange
                Pitch Black, 8 Speed ZF, Fully Optioned

"I thought you had a HEMI. Yeah, I had to have a footprint gas pedal installed. So I stole this pile."

2013 500 ABARTH
                Nero

2014 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, 2nd G Street
                2015, 2016, 2017, 2018,2021 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, Champion E Prepared
                2022 SCCA Solo II Texas Region, 3rd Place, Extreme Street B (NEON ACR Coupe)

Comment

• Gsabarth
                  • Jul 2016

I am running the Pogea racing rims 18 inch 8 inch wide. 215/35-18 Nitto neoGen. All is well except when you make a hard cut like backing out of a parking spot I definately hear a rub. Also thought I heard rear scuff or rub on a dip in the roadway. I love the rims but now I don't think I can lower the car because I'm worried it will make matters worse. When I bought them from madness they told me there were no clearance issues at all and I see someone running the same set on a lowered car. I just don't want any trouble.

Comment