500 Madness

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Neu-F Torque Arm Insert

Thanks

Neu-F Torque Arm Insert

Purpose of this thread is to collect reviews on the Neu-F Torque Arm Insert. It was installed on my car a two weeks ago. Getting a lot of vibration when accelerating out of 1st or exaggerated vibration when I accidentally shift too early. Surprisingly don't get it as much when the engine is cold.

Anyone else getting the additional vibrations?

Definitely noticed an improvement in shifting engagement but not sure if the additional vibration is expected.

Thanks

Thanks
    Hi I dont have mine installed yet, I'm going to mod the mod by either cutting it down or shaving some off. But yeah do a search here and get as much info as you can. Vibration is to be expected. NVH = Noise Vibration Harshness. http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showt...=torque+insert discussed here and elsewhere. Again vibration is normal.
    2013 Abarth ~Rear seat delete ~RRM Rear Anti Sway Bar ~RRM Chassis Bracing ~Koni yellow rears ~RRM Lightweight Pully ~ATM FMIC ~EC V2 CAI ~RRM ECM Stage 3 ~Boomba ~SS TB ~GFB DV+<<Removed

Senior Member Premium Member modular's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have had nothing but positive returns from the insert myself. Parking lot maneuvers give less rocking motion, more immediate engine response, better shift feel and I have had zero additional vibrations anywhere from idle to redline.
    If I was the Bandit Sally'd have 8 kids.

I have a little vibration/resonance when accelerating in the range of 1100-1400 RPM.
    I'm only in this range when initially starting out in 1st or Reverse, so I don't care!
    Also, when the motor is warm, it sometimes squeaks a bit when getting on or off the throttle at very low speeds. A shot of silicone lube will fix that.
    Anything past low speeds in 1st gear, the road noise masks it anyways.

Other than that, my experience with the Neu F insert has been nothing but great!
    Throttle response has been improved quite a bit -- power delivery is a lot more precise.
    Shifting is also a lot smoother now too.

Overall a fantastic upgrade.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,476 Times in 887 Posts
    Slight vibration at idle felt through steering wheel and at 1100-1400 rpms,that's about it NVH wise, crisper shifts and better engine response. I like mine a lot.

2012-FIAT ABARTH
    2015-ALFA ROMEO 4C
    2016-VOLVO V60 POLESTAR
    EUROCOMPULSION STORE
    “THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY REMAINS LONG AFTER THE SWEETNESS OF LOW PRICE IS FORGOTTEN.”

Thanks
    Mine is getting installed on Monday. We'll see what happens...

Official Vendor
    Thanks
    just did another members today no issues he will be posting in a few. Bring it by Ill check it out make sure all is ok.
    CHECK OUT MY NORCAL SS VENDOR SECTION FOR MANY AFTERMARKET FIAT PARTS AT THE LOWEST PRICES PLUS 24/7 CUSTOMER SUPPORT. FEEL FREE TO CALL OR TEXT 24/7 AT 415 519 2432 OR EMAIL TONY@TBSSOWNERS.COM

NORCAL SS FIAT STORE PAGE >>>>http://www.tbssowners.com/store/inde...ewCat&catId=28

MY 2013 ABARTH BUILD >>>>>>http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showt...3-Abarth-Build

Thanks
    Did you guys use a 14mm wrench to get the one bolt loose? I didn't have a cheat bar last time I tried....

Thanks
    Chris @ Eurocompulsion just installed mine. As most mentioned, there is a rough patch in vibration as you set off, but it's not objectionable. Best way to describe it is that the car has a more composed character. You don't realize how much the engine was affecting the car's poise by rocking so much. Actually, it's more like "heaving" than rocking, but you don't realize it until you install this. Response is definitely more linear, and your first thought is that the Sport button was engaged even when it was off. Shifting enhanced a tad too, but can't cure all of the stock linkage's slop.

Would recommend this as a must have add on. It's inexpensive, and you'll immediately be amazed how much the engine jounce was affecting your driving experience.

Thanks
    Have mine installed. There is little to no vibration added at idle. The shifts are more positive, throttle pickup is improved and starting from a complete stop seems easier. You can tell the engine is not moving around as much.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast