500 Madness

Page 240 of 241 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 238 239 240 241 LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 2403

Thread: What did you do to your Abarth today..?

Thanks
    Installed a lightbar, demon eyes (not lit in picture), snow tires, and snow chains! Long day first time taking off the front end, not as bad as I thought.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by supertrainguy View Post
    Thanks, I printed it on upright because of the screw hole. If it's printed on it's side, The hole keeps filling up somewhat.
    Interesting, a hole that size shouldn't have any issues (such as drooping from a steep over hang), I wonder if the model has improper clearance.

BTW, what type of printer are you using?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southernroadrunner View Post
    Nate- I can't hardly run the printer on the computer but you young guys are getting it figured out.If there built strong your sure gonna cut your parts costs down.
    If I use nylons(virgin or carbon fiber impregnated) I get some pretty strong parts (my CNC Router is partly printed).

Still, they don't compare to a properly designed milled component but printed parts absolutely have their place. It's just another tool to use.

Enthusiastically Slow Lifetime Member Ando's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks, I printed it on upright because of the screw hole. If it's printed on it's side, The hole keeps filling up somewhat.
    Depending on what slicer you are running you could take the hole out, print just the bolt section solid, and drill the hole as a secondary op. I've done this plenty with good results. But that's the nice thing about rapid prototyping, try it one way, and if it meets your criteria... you're done!

Oh, also +1 on having printers. (Does anyone want to make a "3DP & Fiat" thread?)

The only thing I have printed for my Abarth was a little collar to tidy up my shift boot. I guess I did reverse engineer the shift knob I was thinking about buying before pulling the trigger, but that was basically a prop, never went in the car.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ando For This Useful Post:

supertrainguy (12-05-2017)

Thanks
    Today I made me a new trunk handle with my 3d printer.

I made one a while back, but it was made with cheaper made PLA (poly lactic acid/ corn starch) plastic.
    This one is made with ABS plastic. Going to install in a little while.
    Attachment 28892
    I have the same handle on my 500T, except it says turbo. I ended up expanding the hole just a bit and put a metal spacer in there. I had a really long bolt sitting around that fit perfectly. I also sanded and painted mine red. Red adds an extra 5hp as we all know.
    2013 500 Turbo
    SILA Concept Short Ram | BMC air filter | Abarth exhaust | Abarth rear diffuser | RRM chassis braces | H&R sport springs | STS Rear Sway Bar | GFB DV+ | Forge WGA | Craven Speed Shift knob | MPx stubby antenea | Fumoto drain valve | EC boost leak fix | Nue-F Torqur Arm Insert | R3T Engine Cover | BF Goodrich G-force Sport Comp-2 205/45/16 | Custom trunk handle
    "Some say he thought Star Wars was a documentary..."

Thanks
    I did a complete detail on my car. Here's a before/after picture.

2013 500 Turbo
    SILA Concept Short Ram | BMC air filter | Abarth exhaust | Abarth rear diffuser | RRM chassis braces | H&R sport springs | STS Rear Sway Bar | GFB DV+ | Forge WGA | Craven Speed Shift knob | MPx stubby antenea | Fumoto drain valve | EC boost leak fix | Nue-F Torqur Arm Insert | R3T Engine Cover | BF Goodrich G-force Sport Comp-2 205/45/16 | Custom trunk handle

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pizzamann95 For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (12-11-2017), WillFiat (12-07-2017)

Enthusiastically Slow Lifetime Member Ando's Avatar
    Thanks
    Swapped over to winter tires/wheels, added 12mm spacers to the front (long overdue as I've been running 15mm spacers in the rear since day one), installed Corsa Forza Performance vertical chassis braces, and applied THIS freebie decal.

Can't really get a good feel for how the chassis braces are doing as everything is still covered in ice and I swapped to sloppy winter tires at the same time. Seems to turn in a little quicker and stay more stable over rough surfaces in corners. Could be a placebo though. =P

Thanks
    Today I installed my 500madness intake. I cant seem to get it installed right though... It's together, but it doesn't look right. Also, the passengers side red pipe is rubbing the airbag sensor. (I guess that's what it is).
    It's also hitting that oil hose that goes to turbo.

20171204_162106.jpg

Thanks
    Today I installed my 500madness intake. I cant seem to get it installed right though... It's together, but it doesn't look right. Also, the passengers side red pipe is rubbing the airbag sensor. (I guess that's what it is).
    It's also hitting that oil hose that goes to turbo.

20171204_162106.jpg
    The charge pipe going into the turbo is going to rub, no matter which in take you use. You should replace the bolt that for the air bag sensor with one that has a round top. Also, you can use a little soapy water, or a little engine oil to rub in the tube going into the turbo to help with adjusting it to fit. You should do that at all the connection points and adjust every thing before you tighten everything down.
    2013 500 Turbo

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pizzamann95 For This Useful Post:

supertrainguy (12-10-2017), WillFiat (12-07-2017)

Thanks
    Newbie here! Was finally able to wash and detail the car after putting the new wheels on last week. A proper photo to be done soon!
    IMG_6255.jpg

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TheOps For This Useful Post:

Fiat500USA (12-11-2017)

Page 240 of 241 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 238 239 240 241 LastLast