Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

1970 Fiat Abarth TCR 1000 Berlina Corsa

If the 43mm offset is correct then a 5 to 10mm spacer will put it about right. The stock wheels run between +30 and +35 offset depending on the style....

I'd look at salvage options to keep the price reasonable. I see a few options scattered around the country: https://www.lkqonline.com/2013-fiat-500-...

FWIW, Edmunds pricing guide here. ...

My Neighbor leased a Giulia and traded it in for a Stelvio. The Alfa dealer is in the next county.

I totally agree with you & Firefly is a great analogy (but 'Serenity' is one of my favorite ever movies!)
No resolution re. Fiat posts only...

I was thinking about this post today on my way to work and saw a Giulia. I see a 500 maybe once every two weeks.

Looking good. What I usually do with the inside of the tailpipes is spray some WD40 on something soft like Never Dull Cotton Wading. After that, a chrome...

All of the tires were spin balanced. I think I have it figured it out thanks to the you! I took the car into the dealer to get the oil changed and asked...

Check the coolant recovery tank if you haven't already...

Will these wheels fit? good deal maybe

4x100mm, 43mm off set....I believe... Good summer tires on them.

Would these fit? Anyway to make it work? I know I need the wobble bolts...

A thing of beauty is a joy forever...
inside exhaust pipes need cleaning.
The outside are waxed, I'm reluctant to clean the inside with anything...

Below are the manufacturer's oil consumption guidelines we've published in previous posts. Depending on how you drive, and the maintenance done on the...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $30.00 on this Silver MegaWeight Shift Knob for your FIAT 500.

Improve your driving experience...

Edit to my post: This morning the car felt like it was misfiring as the low pressure warning flashed on again. I'm definitely going to have to avoid driving...

I see tons of Alfas around here, but I live near wealthy East Coast enclaves. Stevios are especially popular....

For item one, check the gas cap. There is an O-ring that gets brittle with age. Generally a squirt of lithium grease or something similar will refresh...

EUROCOMPULSION/HPSI UNI-CHIP *official thread*

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aelfwyne
    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by whitep11
    So i'm experiencing what I can only describe as "turbo surge" where i put my foot down, and rather than building steady boost, the boost builds and drops and builds and drops, eventually leveling out. There is a video i took of it below.

I don't experience this when the unichip is off the car. I recently took it to the shop for underboost codes (took the UC off, obviously) and they checked the intake, turbo, and waste gate and found no problems. Maybe the 2 are related, but more importantly, there is nothing wrong with the waste gate or turbo, which i think would contribute to this "surging" i'm experiencing. Could this be an issue with the unichip, the map, or the harness?

Did you just install the Unichip?

From what I remember, this indicates a problem with the Unichip itself rather than your car. Did you flash a new tune to it? If so, it could be a firmware mismatch - you might need to update the firmware. however ONLY use the firmware update provided with the tunes from Eurocompulsion, using a firmware update from anywhere else could render the EC maps incompatible.
    2015 Rosso Abarth - MAD FIAT - 5 Speed - Phase 2
    2015 Granito Lucente 500T - Proyecto Estupido (Salvage) - Auto - OFT Stage 1
    2017 Fiat 124 Classica 6MT - WHUT????

Comment

• NGEN
      Official Vendor
      • Sep 2012

So i'm experiencing what I can only describe as "turbo surge" where i put my foot down, and rather than building steady boost, the boost builds and drops and builds and drops, eventually leveling out. There is a video i took of it below.

I don't experience this when the unichip is off the car. I recently took it to the shop for underboost codes (took the UC off, obviously) and they checked the intake, turbo, and waste gate and found no problems. Maybe the 2 are related, but more importantly, there is nothing wrong with the waste gate or turbo, which i think would contribute to this "surging" i'm experiencing. Could this be an issue with the unichip, the map, or the harness?

Sounds like a harness problem. We dealt with that recently. I would suggest removing the harness and checking all the wires. It is possible one is not secured all the way. I would definitely start there.
      sigpic
      Hours: Mon-Fri 10am - 6pm CST
      Call/Text: 832-948-9409
      E-mail: [email protected]

Facebook: www.facebook.com/ngencustoms
      Instagram: www.instagram.com/ngencustomsandperformance

Comment

• whitep11

Originally posted by aelfwyne
        Did you just install the Unichip?

From what I remember, this indicates a problem with the Unichip itself rather than your car. Did you flash a new tune to it? If so, it could be a firmware mismatch - you might need to update the firmware. however ONLY use the firmware update provided with the tunes from Eurocompulsion, using a firmware update from anywhere else could render the EC maps incompatible.
        I purchased the chip about 6 months ago from another forum member. The tune he had was specific for a Roadrace intake and exhaust, which just so happens to be the same setup I have. The boost gauge has always been a bit off, as i knew it would be with the tune, but only lately have I noticed this surging from both the turbo and on the gauge. I know that I have access to the EC maps, and can try re-uploading them, if you think that may work?
        2013 Fiat 500T Bianco

RoadRace Motorsports CAI & Heat Shield -
        Custom dual-tip center exhaust - V-Maxx Coilovers
        Aodhan AH06 17x9 - Kenda Kaiser KR20 215/40R17

Slowly but surely building the ultimate 500T

Comment

• whitep11

Originally posted by NGEN
          Sounds like a harness problem. We dealt with that recently. I would suggest removing the harness and checking all the wires. It is possible one is not secured all the way. I would definitely start there.
          Would there be a place to start looking? are there weak points to check first?
          2013 Fiat 500T Bianco

RoadRace Motorsports CAI & Heat Shield -
          Custom dual-tip center exhaust - V-Maxx Coilovers
          Aodhan AH06 17x9 - Kenda Kaiser KR20 215/40R17

Slowly but surely building the ultimate 500T

Comment

• shagghie

My harness also went bad, but EC were good about replacing it.
            At least now '14 and '15 owners can get a real flash tune in so cal (as of tonight), so no more need for the uni-chip struggles.
            sigpic
            RAW Big Turbo, tuned to 250+whp on p93
            LSD, FX400, Okadas, 550cc, ported t-mani
            NightOwl Racing BC Racing with SWIFT Spring Suspension set up
            ATM FMIC, ATM Fenderwell Intake
            VanHook CF Rear Diff, doorhandles, hood vents and duct covers
            Advan RSII 17x7.5, rally stud conversion

Comment

• aelfwyne
              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by shagghie
              My harness also went bad, but EC were good about replacing it.
              At least now '14 and '15 owners can get a real flash tune in so cal (as of tonight), so no more need for the uni-chip struggles.
              Actually, that appears to only be '14 MY currently. '15 isn't able to be read yet. Info is from EC on that, but jibes with what RAW has stated that they haven't tested the '15s and are only offering a '14 tune presently.

However, the OP has a '13 so it doesn't matter.

Comment

• doverosx
                Lifetime Member
                Lifetime Member
                • Jul 2014

Would there be a place to start looking? are there weak points to check first?
                PM me. I'm starting up a repair biz on the side.

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth
                Power:ATM Fender Intake, Forge BOV, ATM FMIC, Tork AutoX Tune, Tork CC Catless DP, Turbosmart WGA, Ragazzon Twin Muffler Cat Back
                Handling: H&R 5mm spacers, El Gato Front Braces, Tork Collars, DoverLabs Coilovers, CPR lower brace, DNA Rear Sway Bar
                Misc: Schrothe QuickFit Harness, OBDLink MX+, Race Tires: 205/45/16 Falken RT660, Street/Drag: 205/45/16 Conti ECS, HAWK HPS5.0
                DSP/D-class (local club classing)
                #notscare

Comment

• scott555
                  • Feb 2016

I'll add one to the list....I've searched but come up empty handed (and thwarted by the 10,000 other switch questions)

I just got a new USB programming cable from UniChip. What is the actual on/off switch for? Mine will connect and flash/save regardless of the position of that switch. I found the mapping instruction sheet and it indicates to turn the switch ON, but never mentions turning it off.

(shrug)

I just wanted to make sure I'm not doing something stupid. I tried loading a few different maps and I don't notice any increase or improved performance. (actually, the car feels slower now!!!) Fortunately the first thing I did was make backup of the map before I started messing with things. I'll reload that map and wait to hear more about it.

-Scott

Comment

• PooLeArMor
                    • Nov 2017

are you guys still supporting the Unichip ??

Comment

• aelfwyne
                      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by PooLeArMor
                      are you guys still supporting the Unichip ??
                      They haven't supported Unichip for several years now. There were a number of reliability issues with the Unichip that could cause damage to the car and the ECU. Also, it is not considered compatible with 2015 or newer Abarths.

You can still buy them from the Unichip company itself, but it has a pretty weaksauce tune if you do, and is still not all that reliable - there are MUCH better options on the market now.

Comment

• PooLeArMor
                        • Nov 2017

is there anyon who can email me the Unichip software and maps??

thank you

Comment

• videlicet
                          • Apr 2018

Originally posted by aelfwyne
                          You can still buy them from the Unichip company itself, but it has a pretty weaksauce tune if you do, and is still not all that reliable - there are MUCH better options on the market now.
                          Any specific recommendations for a 2013 Abarth? Are there good standalone options that don't require other modifications?

Comment

• Tweak
                            Rest In Peace
                            • Nov 2012

Originally posted by PooLeArMor
                            is there anyon who can email me the Unichip software and maps??

thank you
                            I think it is still free to create an account and log in and get them directly from UniChip.
                            Show us your pride in your ride & win free prizes by entering (and winning) Ride of the Month!

Comment