Shop NGEN Performance
Shop 500 Madness

Need a good tire balancing. Run you car by a good alignment shop....

Tell us how you really feel. LOL

Sounds like a bent axle.

Tire shake at 45mph...

Hi all!
I have just completed a rebuild of my front suspension. I replaced both lower control arms, the left tie rod end, both front and rear...

500 Madness lists a pre-2016 T4 head unit, but all the pictures for it show the T2, which practically eliminates the center vents. There are dozens of...

update if anyone is interested

i found the correct transmission, but its at a dealership in washington. im from massachusetts. theyre selling...

Our car is compatible with the idatalink / maestro system but that's only on double din. I have it in my Toyota, it's nice. Too bad the android models...

The 500 Madness T4 is for Fiats from 2016 and up. I assumed yours is an older model since you were considering the Spiral Audio kit.

There...

MADNESS Spring Savings!

Save $70.00 on this Vertical Chassis Brace Kit by SILA Concepts for your FIAT 500.

Improve the handling...

It really depends on where dealers are. I surprisingly see more Alfas than Fiats around here. I have the feeling it is because the resale value is so...

I only ever seen one Alfa here. Since their reintroduction here....

post her car for sale, on Facebook market....

Nice white Abarth at the 2023 Fiat Freakout

New Milano to Junior!" mixes history and marketing strategy in an interesting way.​

It sounds like it could be a transmission issue or a problem from the car sitting for a while. It's a good idea to have a mechanic check it out.

I might check a parts listing first, especially if a Fiat dealer isn't close by. This diagram shows the door and latch mechanism. (You might want to change...

Alfa is self destructing into incompetency. They are going all in on EV just as the market for them crashes. The Tonale is a failure. It is like $10k...

I've been eyeing the t4 from 500madness except for three issues 1- I can't find anyone anywhere that has it to review 2- they don't give enough technical...

How to post pics/videos on the forum

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tweak
    Rest In Peace
    • Nov 2012

How to post pics/videos on the forum

How to post pics/videos on the forum:

You have to upload the pics to an online host of your choice and then link to it here using img tags. There are many options such as Image shack, Photobucket, you get the idea. (I use tinypic.com but they have changed to Photobucket I believe)

When making a new thread or making a post to reply to a thread, send a PM, this is how you can more easily post a pic to the forum.

There is a button (Insert Image outlined in red) above the area you type that you can click and paste the url of your image (second tab on the box that pops up when you click the button) into as well, that's the easier way and what I use. I always uncheck the box to "Retrieve remote file and reference locally". Then click Ok and your image will appear in your subject area and posted along with whatever text you have typed as well.

This is Image button mentioned above:
    B etf7h5.jpg

This is the box that pops up and the red outlines indicate the items you need to click to post your image:
    A 34sksgp.jpg

OK, that about does it, hope that is useful to anyone that isn't used to posting images to the forum!
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    Alternative method I do not suggest or use:

Example using IMG tags: (I think the longer/harder method)

[ img ] your picture url here with file extension [ /img ]

Remove the spaces and obviously insert the url for example here is a url of mine... http://i40.tinypic.com/akzscz.jpg

Doing that in this way produces the image placement in the area the cursor is at that moment.
    [img] http://i40.tinypic.com/akzscz.jpg [/img]
    With spaces removed you would see the image:

C akzscz.jpg

That placed as described above will make the pic show up here on the forum.

The same method works for videos but using the video button which is to the right of the image button, that will embed the video into the typing area, for youtube it is best to click the Share button under the video on YT and past that into the forum input box for best results.

This is being placed here to offer help and a likelihood that it is seen by those in need. I am posting in the General Discussion area to try to make sure those that are new will see it, this area I feel will be seen by our newer members so having it posted and stuck in this location should help, at least that is my hope. (Been asked about it off an on rather often so I figured this would be a nice easy point of reference for anyone that needs to know).

I did cheat and use the boxes from the "other forum" but the same buttons (plus some) exist here, just making everyone aware and simplifying the process a bit.

Some added info from member Andree:

This is info in relation to becoming a paid member and the advantages gained by joining if you'd like.
    Premium member: $12.00 year
    Bigger Avatar - from 80x80 to 150x150, Bigger Signature - from 430x100 to 600x144, More Photos - from 40 to 100, More Messages - from 50 to 300

Lifetime member: $30.00 for 30 years
    Bigger Avatar - from 80x80 to 150x150, Bigger Signature - from 430x100 to 600x144, Bigger Profile Pic from 100

In order to manage attachments in the event you reach your limit or were not aware of this method you can use this direct link:

Additionally you can locate this option in the same way you check your msgs, just scroll down the left side and locate the Miscellaneous then Attachments in order to manage those files which have already been uploaded.

(Note: Tinypic switched to a paid model images may not show up.).
    Last edited by Tweak; 11-19-2019, 09:32 AM.
    Show us your pride in your ride & win free prizes by entering (and winning) Ride of the Month!
  • Vaejovis carolinanus aka lowconabarth
    Lifetime Member
    Lifetime Member
    • Feb 2012

I still do not get it, where does the URL# or whatever come from? All my pics are small and from my computer. I am no computer person it is amazing to me that I figured out how to post anything at all.
    2012 Rosso Abarth , Supersprint turboback exhaust, RRM chasis braces, Euro-Drive Phase 1.1+ ,Eurocompulsion V4 CAI, Bilstein coilovers, Nuef rear torsion bar, TWM Short shifter,TWM shift knob, CPR engine cover, Go fast Bits DV+ diverter, Nuef torque arm damper, ATM FMIC, Rear seat delete, Wood Bros armrest from italy, Norcal SS Custom Pillar Gauge
    2013 Rosso Abarth Parts car due to a rollover

Comment

• Tweak
      Rest In Peace
      • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Vaejovis carolinanus aka lowconabarth
      I still do not get it, where does the URL# or whatever come from? All my pics are small and from my computer. I am no computer person it is amazing to me that I figured out how to post anything at all.
      The URL comes from the very first part where you upload your pics to a picture host such as ImageShack or Photobucket, you create an account (for free) and upload to their site and they provide a URL which gets pasted here. I can't really offer such specific information for these online picture hosts as they all differ a bit but once that portion is done I think the instructions above will provide detail enough even those new to the forums should fairly easily be able to post a pic. Sorry I can't offer great info on the host sites but if you pick one and need help with it I can try to offer you assistance. I prefer tinypic.com personally since I have used it for a long time and it is very simple to use.

Trying to upload form your computer is usually why the smaller images are an issue. I also think at some point a limit is reached for how much can be uploaded.
      Show us your pride in your ride & win free prizes by entering (and winning) Ride of the Month!

Comment

• Freedomland
        • Aug 2011

all I can say is oops.. but i did resize all my images to a much smaller file size and simply used the image uploader that is here... is that such a major issue??? all i can say is Im sorry

Comment

• Tweak
          Rest In Peace
          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Freedomland
          all I can say is oops.. but i did resize all my images to a much smaller file size and simply used the image uploader that is here... is that such a major issue??? all i can say is Im sorry
          The only negatives to uploading them I am aware of is at some point you may reach a limit to upload and I know with some forums it can slow things down when it loads the images but hosting them off site helps lighten the load, no apology required at all! This forum may not be the same way as others but I wished to make pic posting easier for any and all in the event it was needed.

I've been asked this on the other forum twice in a week so I thought I would help out there and here so if/when people had questions they could be sent a link to this information.

Comment

• Andree
            Chief Car Looker Upperer
            Lifetime Member
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Tweak
            The only negatives to uploading them I am aware of is at some point you may reach a limit to upload and I know with some forums it can slow things down when it loads the images but hosting them off site helps lighten the load, no apology required at all! This forum may not be the same way as others but I wished to make pic posting easier for any and all in the event it was needed.

I've been asked this on the other forum twice in a week so I thought I would help out there and here so if/when people had questions they could be sent a link to this information.
            I prefer uploading to site for the simple reason that days/weeks/months/years later, people delete their photos or close their offsite accounts, leaving an empty space where the picture once was.

I have noticed the reduction in photo size making it difficult to see whatever it was I am trying to illustrate. Like the wrong car being on the Fiat site, can't possibly read the text that shows it's the wrong car in the reduced size image.

So I'll be trying not to post anything. I'm not making yet another account to supplement this one.
            I'm a woman. W-O-M-A-N
            Love to help people look for the Fiat they want.
            That's why I call myself "Chief Car Looker Upperer"

Comment

• Tweak
              Rest In Peace
              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Andree
              I prefer uploading to site for the simple reason that days/weeks/months/years later, people delete their photos or close their offsite accounts, leaving an empty space where the picture once was.

I have noticed the reduction in photo size making it difficult to see whatever it was I am trying to illustrate. Like the wrong car being on the Fiat site, can't possibly read the text that shows it's the wrong car in the reduced size image.

So I'll be trying not to post anything. I'm not making yet another account to supplement this one.
              As stated it is not a requirement and I have no spoken to Chris in detail but on some forums when you upload/attach pics on the forum you can sometimes reach a limit, this is a way to never reach that limit and a way to off load the loading times for the server that hosts this forum. It is only here for those which choose to use it
              (Most people I've known on forums over the years host their pics online via some free web/pic/video hosting service such as in my example tinypic).

I never stated it is required or that everyone needs to use this as the only method, it is simply a how to as stated because I am fairly often asked about how to post a pic here and generally on forums this is the most common method. Anyone that wishes to upload/attach may do so if that is what they prefer, you use the same button but use the first tab and click to browse, select, and upload the pics, neither is a difficult way to go about it. I have tinypic, Facebook, and Picaso which host images because of the ability to easily share them and because I often move pictures and files from my PC onto backup storage and the online hosting allows me quick and easy access when I need/want to share those images.

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                Amministratore
                • Feb 2011

Thanks Tweak for that great tutorial. That will help anyone who wants to post an image on any forum. That is how I post my images and why my pics are large so you can read them without having to click on them. It just makes for an easier viewing experience. Members always ask how to do this so Tweak made a nice tutorial on how to. You can use it or not. However at some point if you upload a lot there is naturally a limit at some point. I set these high because i like to see pics but like all things there is a trade-off (speed). The file host way has its pluses because the images are large , you shouldn 't hit your quota and it doesn't slow the site down. The downside is that you have to upload them to a site ( I use picasa - it is free) and if you delete your account the images go bye-bye on the site. It is up to you which way you do it, but i would hate to see someone reach their quota and stop posting their pics. I want to see them!

PS: I am writing this on my phone in bed while i should be sleeping, so forgive any mistakes. Thanks!
                Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
                fiat 500 forum signature
                abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• Andree
                  Chief Car Looker Upperer
                  Lifetime Member
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Fiat500USA
                  Thanks Tweak for that great tutorial. That will help anyone who wants to post an image on any forum. That is how I post my images and why my pics are large so you can read them without having to click on them. It just makes for an easier viewing experience. Members always ask how to do this so Tweak made a nice tutorial on how to. You can use it or not. However at some point if you upload alot there is naturally a limit at some point. I set these high because i like to see pics but like all things there is a tradeoff (speed). The file host way has its pluses because the images are large , you shouldn 't hit your quota and it doesn't slow the site down. The downside is that you have to upload them to a site ( I use picasa - it is free) and if you delete your account the images go bye-bye on the site. It is up to you which way you do it, but i would hate to see someone reach their quota and stop posting their pics. I want to seev them!

PS: I am writing this on my phone in bed while i should be sleeping, so forgive any mistakes. Thanks!
                  I've already hit some limit as the pics I post are TINY, not original size. So for the future, knowing this will help them not to go overboard and post a lot of pics from their computer. Just a few. Or to post a lot, but host them elsewhere.

Can you set posted pics from computer to "expire"? That would keep new pics full size and available for a couple weeks. Or is there a place we can go to delete images we've uploaded? To get rid of the junk that isn't necessary.

If I'd known this before I started posting pics of EVERYTHING, I wouldn't have posted pics of everything. I'm very visually-oriented and would rather post a pic than try to describe what I mean.
                  I'm a woman. W-O-M-A-N

Comment

• Freedomland
                    • Aug 2011

I hardly post any photos.. and I resize them all to a much smaller size like VGA which reduces the file size to something approaching 50-75K I also like to upload to the site.. I still have all the originals on my system and backed up off computer (34 years of working in Pro camera shops)
                    So the main question is... is using an off site storage required?

Comment

• Fiat500USA
                      Amministratore
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Freedomland
                      I hardly post any photos.. and I resize them all to a much smaller size like VGA which reduces the file size to something approaching 50-75K I also like to upload to the site.. I still have all the originals on my system and backed up off computer (34 years of working in Pro camera shops)
                      So the main question is... is using an off site storage required?
                      No. It is just a way to minimize your storage usage and maximize the size of your pics. Plus it is a way for folks who have exceeded their storage limit to still post images for us to enjoy. That's all.
                      Enjoy the Forum? Tell a Friend and Please Whitelist us on your Ad Blocker. Thx!

#modifiedabarth modifiedabarths.com
                      fiat 500 forum signature
                      abarth500forum.com fiat124spiderforum.com fiat500lusaforum.com fiat500xforum.com

Comment

• Andree
                        Chief Car Looker Upperer
                        Lifetime Member
                        • Dec 2012

No. It is just a way to minimize your storage usage and maximize the size of your pics. Plus it is a way for folks who have exceeded their storage limit to still post images for us to enjoy. That's all.
                        Can you delete all my pictures then? I could edit every post I've made, removing the pic from the post, but that wouldn't remove the pic from the server. I think most of the pics I've posted have come from Google search. And they aren't important enough to keep posted in old threads that nobody looks at.

Edit: Oooh, nevermind, I found the place to delete them! Settings - Attachments
                        I had over 2 MB of crap posted! LOL!
                        I'm a woman. W-O-M-A-N

Comment

• Tweak
                          Rest In Peace
                          • Nov 2012

Thanks Tweak for that great tutorial. That will help anyone who wants to post an image on any forum. That is how I post my images and why my pics are large so you can read them without having to click on them. It just makes for an easier viewing experience. Members always ask how to do this so Tweak made a nice tutorial on how to. You can use it or not. However at some point if you upload alot there is naturally a limit at some point. I set these high because i like to see pics but like all things there is a tradeoff (speed). The file host way has its pluses because the images are large , you shouldn 't hit your quota and it doesn't slow the site down. The downside is that you have to upload them to a site ( I use picasa - it is free) and if you delete your account the images go bye-bye on the site. It is up to you which way you do it, but i would hate to see someone reach their quota and stop posting their pics. I want to seev them!

Thanks Chris and others for replying here, I don't know the limit but now it is good to know you've set the limits higher than most forums. So far the server hosting this forum doesn't seem to suffer from speed issues that I've noticed but as growth continues it may occur so anything that helps lessen the load is a great idea.

Comment

• Andree
                            Chief Car Looker Upperer
                            Lifetime Member
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Tweak
                            Thanks Chris and others for replying here, I don't know the limit but now it is good to know you've set the limits higher than most forums. So far the server hosting this forum doesn't seem to suffer from speed issues that I've noticed but as growth continues it may occur so anything that helps lessen the load is a great idea.
                            I was just in looking at the Paid Subscriptions area, and it mentions limits:

Bigger Avatar - from 80x80 to 150x150, Bigger Signature - from 430x100 to 600x144, More Photos - from 40 to 100, More Messages - from 50 to 300

Bigger Avatar - from 80x80 to 150x150, Bigger Signature - from 430x100 to 600x144, Bigger Profile Pic from 100x100 to 200x200, More Photos - from 40 to 100, More Messages - from 50 to 350

Unless you click on the link though, you don't know there are limits, until you hit them. I did go to subscribe, but it only takes PayPal. I don't have that either. Nevertheless, the paid subscriptions should be mentioned in this thread, just for the messages alone! Fifty messages is nothing! I was getting close to the limit (before deleting them all) just from a few conversations.

And, yes, I agree with the "lessen the load" scenario. Now that I know I can manage attachments at my end, I can still post images, but I won't leave them up forever and ever. I deleted all but two images. The people for whom the pictures were for have seen them.
                            I'm a woman. W-O-M-A-N

Comment

• Tweak
                              Rest In Peace
                              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Andree
                              I was just in looking at the Paid Subscriptions area, and it mentions limits:

Bigger Avatar - from 80x80 to 150x150, Bigger Signature - from 430x100 to 600x144, Bigger Profile Pic from 100x100 to 200x200, More Photos - from 40 to 100, More Messages - from 50 to 350

Unless you click on the link though, you don't know there are limits, until you hit them. I did go to subscribe, but it only takes PayPal. I don't have that either. Nevertheless, the paid subscriptions should be mentioned in this thread, just for the messages alone! Fifty messages is nothing! I was getting close to the limit (before deleting them all) just from a few conversations.

And, yes, I agree with the "lessen the load" scenario. Now that I know I can manage attachments at my end, I can still post images, but I won't leave them up forever and ever. I deleted all but two images. The people for whom the pictures were for have seen them.
                              Your contribution of information is greatly appreciated.

As for the messages, I can see PM's growing beyond 50 rather easily. I've added the info to the original post.

Comment