500 Madness

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Fiat/Mopar trailer hitch for the 500L

Thanks
    Ok folks Jonathan emailed me the installation instructions for the Fiat/Mopar hitch. After seeing the instructions I can tell you all that this hitch looks 100% exactly like the Curt brand hitch. And the instructions look identical to to Curt hitch installation instructions. And yes the rear bumper does have to be removed to install the hitch. After watching my hitch get installed I feel a little safer in my car with the hitch giving me a little more protection from a rear end collision.

And Jonathan thanks for the email with the installation instructions.

Thanks
    I just installed the Curt version on my 500l this weekend myself and it wasn't too awful bad. Once I figured out where the torx bolts were inside the wheelwell to remove the entire bumper assembly things moved along pretty well. Biggest pain for me was fishing the plates and carriage bolts inside the bumper for the upper hitch mounting points. Re-assembly went pretty easy. I also attached a 1-1/4 to 2" adapter as my bike rack and luggage rack are all 2". Sticks out kinda far but could be extra insurance in a rear end collision.

Thanks
    Hello, Could you please tell me where the tow hitch is available in Southern California?
    The San Diego dealership is not very good at getting back to me with information. First they said end of July, then end of August. It is September and I haven't heard back from them. I am willing to drive up to LA area if they have it there.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by SanDiegan; 09-09-2014 at 10:15 PM.

Thanks
    Please help! I am looking for a tow hitch in the area for my 500l. I have been fitting two to three bikes every weekend inside the car for months now!!!
    Contacted the local dealership and they have no idea when it would be available. I would like to install an original Fiat part. Is that possible???? I am willing to drive to LA or Mexico there is a FIAT dealer in Tijuana only a 25 min drive from downtown San Diego. Thank you!
    Last edited by SanDiegan; 09-09-2014 at 10:58 PM.

Thanks
    As mentioned earlier in this thread there is a suitable hitch for the 500L from Curt Manufacturing. I had one installed on my Trekking two weeks ago. It fits a 1.25" hitch and I'll just be using it to hold a bike rack (which I still haven't got). The hitch is widely available—more so in the US than here in Canada I'd think.

Photo of my hitch below—

IMGP0112_15_crop.jpg

Thanks
    Had our hitch installed recently. The studio matched the U-haul price. Hitch and labor: $257.

Thanks
    So has anyone towed any serious weight (serious meaning 1500-2000lbs)? Just curious. It would be awesome if the 500L could tow a trailer with a regular Fiat 500.

Hours: Mon-Sat 10am - 8pm CST, Text 24/7
    Tel: 832-948-9409 E-mail: info@ngencustomsandperformance.com
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/ngencustoms
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/ngencustomsandperformance

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegan View Post
    Please help! I am looking for a tow hitch in the area for my 500l. I have been fitting two to three bikes every weekend inside the car for months now!!!
    Contacted the local dealership and they have no idea when it would be available. I would like to install an original Fiat part. Is that possible???? I am willing to drive to LA or Mexico there is a FIAT dealer in Tijuana only a 25 min drive from downtown San Diego. Thank you!
    Not sure if you're still around, SanDiegan, but etrailer.com sells the Curt hitch for the 500L.

Thanks
    Hi, Did you install the Curt wiring harness for towing a trailer? If yes, where did you run the power wire from the rear to the battery?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4